Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 08-09-2018, 10:42 AM   #201
Diemenz
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimbl420 View Post
Yeah because lets make fun of something that causes me pain. Ha ha ha
I think you should just quit while your ahead.

.....well a covered head.
Old 08-09-2018, 10:49 AM   #202
Sliver
evil of fart

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Textcritic View Post
A handful of posts have suggested that it is more aesthetically pleasing, but the vast majority of respondents I have seen in this thread have pointed to more sensible points about the promotion of hygiene and as a preemptive measure. I don't really see many people "arguing for circumcision." I see most who are not acrimoniously opposed to it arguing in favour of parental consent, which seems entirely reasonable.
I don't get this. If I was uncircumcised, I'd still have a clean dong. Like, women have a fair amount going on downstairs with folds and flaps and hoods and holes, and the hygienic chicks don't seem to have a problem keeping clean. Isn't it false to suggest toques are somehow dirtier than helmets? If I had a toque, I'd be totally choked at how it's just "understood" they're not as clean as helmets.
Sliver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2018, 10:51 AM   #203
Grimbl420
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

How anybody, especially men can be okay with cutting off part of their penis (nerve endings that give pleasure during sex) and even defend the practice is crazy to me.

Spoiler!
Grimbl420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2018, 10:51 AM   #204
wretched34
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
One is a completely unnecessary procedure though. not the same comparison.
Not trying to compare the two, just stating that the study is rather flawed, and biased towards the "Cutters are Evil" side.
All it showed was experiencing pain or trauma has an effect on the brain. This was already known prior to putting a baby in an MRI before and after a circumcision. Eventually every person will experience trauma that will have this effect on the brain, so the evidence really doesn't prove that Circumcision itself changes a person.
I will say I have experienced far more physical trauma that has effected me as a grown man, from playing sports, while my circumcision has literally never had a negative effect on my day to day life.
wretched34 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to wretched34 For This Useful Post:
Old 08-09-2018, 10:52 AM   #205
Fuzz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
How anybody, especially men can be okay with cutting off part of their penis (nerve endings that give pleasure during sex) and even defend the practice is crazy to me.

Spoiler!
His parents must be very proud of him.
Fuzz is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Fuzz For This Useful Post:
Old 08-09-2018, 10:53 AM   #206
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:

Spoiler!
Well. That just seems insane.

Where is he? The Airport?

This Post Has Been Distilled for the Eradication of Seemingly Incurable Sadness.

If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a Fire Exit. - Mitch Hedberg
Locke is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Locke For This Useful Post:
Old 08-09-2018, 10:56 AM   #207
wretched34
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Yeah because lets make fun of something that causes me pain. Ha ha ha
I apologize for making a joke at the expense of something that causes you physical pain.
My understanding of anatomy may be wrong, but as far as I know, the foreskin of a penis does not extend with an erection, it retracts over the head of the penis due to the tightening of the skin on the shaft during erectile growth. So I'm note sure that being circumcised is the issue causing your pain, which is where my joke stemmed from.
wretched34 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to wretched34 For This Useful Post:
Old 08-09-2018, 10:58 AM   #208
Iceman57
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cain View Post
Not trying to vilify you or make you feel evil for something. Most parents are just trying their hardest to make the best choices for their children. You seem to be no different!

This reasoning has always struck me as a bit weird though. I have never contemplated my dads penis, nor worried about my sons needing to look like mine. Your wife having a preference to the look of her sons penis is also a bit strange, and may very well have little bearing on your sons future partners preferences.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coys1882 View Post
I don't have an opinion either way but circumcising your son so you can have matching dongs with daddy is kinda weird.
Again opinions from posters who I believe might not have children themselve. Babies grow up and need to be potty trained so after the hygienic reasons for me personally, similarity leads to familiarity. My kids already ask me around a thousand questions a day so I'm happy to avoid the ones about why penis looks different to theirs.

It's also about relatability, if my boys were hooded and a problematic situation arouse from that medically or otherwise, I would have felt guilty not having been through it myself. I'm proud when my boys emulate me, when their younger we got similar hair cuts and the style in which they dressed was from my taste so having the same body specifics when the child came from my loins I don't believe is such a far reach.
Iceman57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2018, 11:04 AM   #209
Grimbl420
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by wretched34 View Post
I apologize for making a joke at the expense of something that causes you physical pain.
My understanding of anatomy may be wrong, but as far as I know, the foreskin of a penis does not extend with an erection, it retracts over the head of the penis due to the tightening of the skin on the shaft during erectile growth. So I'm note sure that being circumcised is the issue causing your pain, which is where my joke stemmed from.
This is very wrong.

It retracts over the head of the limp dick. the skin on the penis moves, more skin = more movement less pain.
Old 08-09-2018, 11:06 AM   #210
Thor
God of Hating Twitter

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzz View Post
His parents must be very proud of him.
In my activism here in Iceland to amend our FGM law to include boys and also reword it to protect intersex children, I have been contacted and friend requested from a number of these bloodstained men.

Sadly there is an element of intactivists that are extreme, many of them are also anti-vax, very anti-science and as you can imagine I am not ok with that.

Our intact group here in Iceland and our cohorts in Denmark avoid them like the plague, they do more harm than good and we do our best to keep them at a distance.

Far more interested in teaming up with Jews against Circumcision, the documentary filmmaker who did Cut (https://www.cutthefilm.com/), Brian Earp and those who take a stance against this practice from a reasoned position.

I would never call anyone who has CCed their son a monster, I just think most of those in the few nations that CC in larger numbers do it from a standpoint of bad information and just a simple lack of awareness.
Old 08-09-2018, 11:09 AM   #211
Jacks
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diemenz View Post
FYI on your super stats. More then 5800 people died from drinking water, 450 from falling out of bed, 120 from falling icicles, 30 from ants, 13 from vending machines, 150 from falling coconuts, and 43 from hot tap water.
Should have let go of the pop can.
Jacks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2018, 11:12 AM   #212
Diemenz
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacks View Post
Should have let go of the pop can.
If the pop cans were better lubricated it would have not been an issue.
Old 08-09-2018, 11:13 AM   #213
OMG!WTF!
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:

Spoiler!
It seems crazy to you because, like antivaxers, your info is wrong. Circumcision has no effect on pleasure during sex.
OMG!WTF! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2018, 11:15 AM   #214
Grimbl420
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

NSFW!
Old 08-09-2018, 11:17 AM   #215
stang
CP's Fraser Crane

Exp:

As one of the only (maybe the only) guys here who can say I've had sex uncut and cut....

No difference for pleasure. Feels great both ways.
stang is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to stang For This Useful Post:
Old 08-09-2018, 11:18 AM   #216
Thor
God of Hating Twitter

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMG!WTF! View Post
It seems crazy to you because, like antivaxers, your info is wrong. Circumcision has no effect on pleasure during sex.
That is patently false when you remove all those nerve endings, and you remove the protection provided by the foreskin you get the same effect as with your hands, calluses (thickening of the head of the penis).

What we don't know is how much its reduced by, because its hard to study and very few have had any interest in doing so. Denmark is, however, starting a landmark study which will include this question, as well as a possible link to erectile dysfunction with CC men, and we recently even had a study that suggests CC increases the risk of SIDS for boys.

Further reading on CC and sex.

https://www.academia.edu/9404847/Sex_and_circumcision

Last edited by Thor; 08-09-2018 at 11:21 AM.
Thor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2018, 11:19 AM   #217
FireFly
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sliver View Post
I don't get this. If I was uncircumcised, I'd still have a clean dong. Like, women have a fair amount going on downstairs with folds and flaps and hoods and holes, and the hygienic chicks don't seem to have a problem keeping clean. Isn't it false to suggest toques are somehow dirtier than helmets? If I had a toque, I'd be totally choked at how it's just "understood" they're not as clean as helmets.
You would think that but the uncut men I have been with were always unclean down there. I think it has to do with how men shake and don't wipe.

You see, even though I know you all shake twice, there's still a little bit of pee left. When you put your penis back into it's sleeping bag, that pee dribbles out, but stays in the foreskin. Same theory for pre-ejaculate, etc.

Personally, I have never met an uncut penis that smelled as fresh at the end of the day as it did after a shower. There are definitely fewer spontaneous bjs given to an uncut man.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moneyhands23 View Post
If edmonton wins the cup in the next decade I will buy everyone on CP a bottle of vodka.

Last edited by FireFly; 08-09-2018 at 11:21 AM.
FireFly is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to FireFly For This Useful Post:
Old 08-09-2018, 11:21 AM   #218
OutOfTheCube
Franchise Player

Exp:

Babies need to be fully sedated for MRIs too. Maybe his brain had some troubles from being put under anesthetics for some whacko's experiment three times in a month.
OutOfTheCube is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to OutOfTheCube For This Useful Post:
Old 08-09-2018, 11:23 AM   #219
FireFly
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by stang View Post
As one of the only (maybe the only) guys here who can say I've had sex uncut and cut....

No difference for pleasure. Feels great both ways.

How long has it been cut for if you don't mind my asking? Because if it's fairly newly cut, it won't have had time to protect itself better yet.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moneyhands23 View Post
If edmonton wins the cup in the next decade I will buy everyone on CP a bottle of vodka.
FireFly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2018, 11:26 AM   #220
Grimbl420
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by FireFly View Post
You would think that but the uncut men I have been with were always unclean down there. I think it has to do with how men shake and don't wipe.

You see, even though I know you all shake twice, there's still a little bit of pee left. When you put your penis back into it's sleeping bag, that pee dribbles out, but stays in the foreskin. Same theory for pre-ejaculate, etc.

Personally, I have never met an uncut penis that smelled as fresh at the end of the day as it did after a shower. There are definitely fewer spontaneous bjs given to an uncut man.

I love this argument. Vaginas are way dirtier than any foreskin, and it's not even close. I rarely eat out a woman unless she is fresh from the shower.