Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Fire on Ice: The Calgary Flames Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-23-2021, 04:55 PM   #641
Snuffleupagus
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorcrosser View Post
Stockton called. Says hello.
And 49 other states say hello back
Snuffleupagus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2021, 04:59 PM   #642
monkeyman
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northendzone View Post
Maybe someone kept throwing PLD’s tracksuit into the shower
Nothing to contribute, but this is what popped into my head when thinking of PLD and tracksuit.

Old 01-23-2021, 05:06 PM   #643
BowRiverBruinsRule
Backup Goalie

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snuffleupagus View Post
Someone on twitter claiming to be a friend said Dubois witnessed a car-jacking where the perpetrator was shot and was very disturbed about the Dayton mass shooting in the nightlife district.

Ohio is an open carry state so maybe this young Canadian wants nothing to do with living life dodging bullets or looking over his shoulder in a bar/restaurant.
I don't think too much into it. Maybe just wants to get out of the USA. I would.
BowRiverBruinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2021, 05:29 PM   #644
SportsJunky
Uncle Chester

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC View Post
They've been speculating on 31 Thoughts for a couple weeks that "there's something more to the Dubois story than we know".

On this most recent episode Marek confirmed that a source that wished to remain anonymous said there's definitely something else about the situation other than Dubois/Tortorella and Dubois/Columbus.

With the talk of the QAnon / Trumpers on the team, I do wonder if that's what the issue is. I'm sure that sort of conspiracy BS would get really old really fast in a locker room, and those sort of people aren't exactly quiet or subtle with their beliefs either.

If so, then it coming from their 2 mainstays in Werenski and Jones has got to be especially problematic.
I spotted this posted in a Portzline Q&A the other day. I wasn't going to bring it over here because I don't know how valid it is. Portzline confirms that it is a theory that he's heard before.
Quote:
John M.
Jan 20, 5:56pm
No, because of their politics. Twitter activity just confirms it but that’s not living with it. Zach retweets Trump, Jr. for God’s sake. Jody Shelley follows OAN, Melania and Newsmax. Seth follows Candace effing Owens. Gerbe , Dubinsky... Someone else follows Eric Trump? How deep does it go and how much nonsense would he have to hear before not wanting to be around it? Look at guys on other teams. Either they don’t subscribe to that stuff or they’re better at hiding it. Just a possible explanation is all I’m saying, and it would answer a lot of Qs.

Aaron Portzline
Jan 20, 6:21pm
@John M. Wow. There is no indication that anybody's political affiliation has led to a trade request, but you're not the only person who has brought this up.
SportsJunky is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to SportsJunky For This Useful Post:
Old 01-23-2021, 05:35 PM   #645
Kasi
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

I can understand being republican. These guys are millionaires and we know republicans like tax breaks for the wealthy. But what kind of idiot do you need to be to follow Qanon crap? Maybe they think it’s funny but to seriously believe that nonsense you have to have a few screws loose.
Kasi is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Kasi For This Useful Post:
Old 01-23-2021, 05:35 PM   #646
ForeverFlameFan
Franchise Player

Exp:

It would definitely be annoying if politics were brought up all the time in the locker room/on the plane. This isn't your average job where you can have your own office space, or against policy to talk about politics (unless there is a rule that I don't know about in the NHL rule book). Top that off with sharing a locker room with them where pretty much anything goes conversation wise.

Torts was probably just the icing on the cake.
ForeverFlameFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2021, 05:54 PM   #647
savemedrzaius
Help, save, whatever.

Exp:

I have no proof other than gutfeeling but it wouldn't surprise me if Torts was a hardcore Trump supporter. Personality wise he fits the mold. Loudmouth wannabe tough guy.
savemedrzaius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2021, 06:04 PM   #648
chedder
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by savemedrzaius View Post
I have no proof other than gutfeeling but it wouldn't surprise me if Torts was a hardcore Trump supporter. Personality wise he fits the mold. Loudmouth wannabe tough guy.
I would actually be surprised if he doesn't lean more Democrat. Away from the game he is very charitable and seems like a pretty caring person. (Not that Republicans can't be)

https://www.google.ca/amp/s/syndicat...rella.amp.html
chedder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2021, 06:07 PM   #649
FlamesAddiction
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by chedder View Post
I would actually be surprised if he doesn't lean more Democrat. Away from the game he is very charitable and seems like a pretty caring person. (Not that Republicans can't be)

He is also from Boston which leans largely Democrat and liberal.
Old 01-23-2021, 06:08 PM   #650
Beatle17
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by chedder View Post

These generalizations of people, parties etc., are always way off. Charitable giving in the US is led by Republican supporters by a wide margin.

https://nonprofitquarterly.org/repub...er-story-here/
Beatle17 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Beatle17 For This Useful Post:
Old 01-23-2021, 06:09 PM   #651
Sandman
Franchise Player

Exp:

I just lost a friend of 40 years, because he and his wife (who live in Vegas) are QAnon/Trump crazies. If I had to listen to that BS every day, I would want to get the hell away from it, regardless of my salary or station.
Sandman is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sandman For This Useful Post:
Old 01-23-2021, 06:12 PM   #652
dammage79
Franchise Player

Exp:

Either way, something happened between certain points (signing his deal maybe?) And the trade request. And I dont think it has to do with Torts. Who knows what that event was, but something definitely occurred.

If he was afraid of all that gun violence then he wouldn't have signed the deal unless it was made clear he was signing to make a trade easier.
dammage79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2021, 06:13 PM   #653
soma
Lifetime Suspension

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC View Post
They've been speculating on 31 Thoughts for a couple weeks that "there's something more to the Dubois story than we know".

On this most recent episode Marek confirmed that a source that wished to remain anonymous said there's definitely something else about the situation other than Dubois/Tortorella and Dubois/Columbus.

With the talk of the QAnon / Trumpers on the team, I do wonder if that's what the issue is. I'm sure that sort of conspiracy BS would get really old really fast in a locker room, and those sort of people aren't exactly quiet or subtle with their beliefs either.

If so, then it coming from their 2 mainstays in Werenski and Jones has got to be especially problematic.

For your own sake, consider that your world view is being filtered trough the media.

Start digging below the headlines to find out what they are not telling you and ask yourself why.

You have been manipulated to believe a outsider politician is the cause every problem you find everywhere, even a disgruntled hockey player. Why?

Look at the phrasing of news, what they push, what they suppress.

They encouraged and supported 10 months of BLM/Antifa rioting and burning down city’s, why?

Have you seen the videos of antifa taking responsibility for capitol riot, pictures of known antifa leaders inside? Why not?

You are having propaganda firehosed down your throat and are not the least bit interested in the purpose behind it?

I am not a political person but if there is one thing the trump era has done it is expose the elites as the enemy. They have managed to incite both their left and right wing peasants to fight each other while they watch from their walled fortresses protected by security details. “Are you not entertained”
soma is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to soma For This Useful Post:
Old 01-23-2021, 06:13 PM   #654
Enoch Root
Franchise Player

Exp:

His comments about Torts seemed genuine.
Enoch Root is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2021, 06:15 PM   #655
Moneyhands23
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

The average person in the USA is an amazing human being. Our friends down south are great and this talk sucks. I assume that it would be even better with hockey players. The politics are killing our good way of life. Sucks to see the hockey world so affected (its my big escape).

Anyway I love all you Flames fans, left and right!
Moneyhands23 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Moneyhands23 For This Useful Post:
Old 01-23-2021, 06:15 PM   #656
Enoch Root
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by soma View Post
For your own sake, consider that your world view is being filtered trough the media.

Start digging below the headlines to find out what they are not telling you and ask yourself why.

You have been manipulated to believe a outsider politician is the cause every problem you find everywhere, even a disgruntled hockey player. Why?

Look at the phrasing of news, what they push, what they suppress.

They encouraged and supported 10 months of BLM/Antifa rioting and burning down city’s, why?

Have you seen the videos of antifa taking responsibility for capitol riot, pictures of known antifa leaders inside? Why not?

You are having propaganda firehosed down your throat and are not the least bit interested in the purpose behind it?

I am not a political person but if there is one thing the trump era has done it is expose the elites as the enemy. They have managed to incite both their left and right wing peasants to fight each other while they watch from their walled fortresses protected by security details. “Are you not entertained”
aaand here we go
Enoch Root is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2021, 06:16 PM   #657
Jeff Lebowski
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Didn't Nathan Horton want out of Columbus or was it somewhere else he wanted out of and ended up happy in Columbus.

No disrespect to that area intended, I just recall Horton wanting to leave an area for family reasons.

In any event it's really personal stuff and I don't fault anyone for their decisions for making them happy without knowing the full details. To each their own though .

Last edited by Jeff Lebowski; 01-23-2021 at 06:19 PM.
Jeff Lebowski is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Jeff Lebowski For This Useful Post:
Old 01-23-2021, 06:18 PM   #658
ForeverFlameFan
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enoch Root View Post
aaand here we go
insert joker gif
ForeverFlameFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2021, 06:19 PM   #659
Harry Lime
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beatle17 View Post
These generalizations of people, parties etc., are always way off. Charitable giving in the US is led by Republican supporters by a wide margin.

https://nonprofitquarterly.org/repub...er-story-here/
Quote:
This relationship is called consumption philanthropy, in which people give to a religious organization or a school from which they will derive a benefit in the form of, say, a better religious education program or a new gymnasium.” Giving to a food bank or a homeless shelter has a very different outcome than does giving to a private school.
It all depends on whether you believe that a tv evangelist is actually helping the poor with the money that you send. Rich republicans and democrats probably give to charity fairly similarly, but I think that the poorer republicans are more easily grifted.
Old 01-23-2021, 06:57 PM   #660
soma
Lifetime Suspension

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enoch Root View Post
aaand here we go
https://youtube.com/c/VivaFrei

I encourage folks with 2 hour attention spans to watch the episodes where Viva has Robert Barnes on, fascinating wealth of knowledge.

They discuss current legal and political happenings.

Don’t worry Barnes is very anti Q so it is a safe space...
soma is offline   Reply With Quote