Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-26-2021, 02:52 PM   #1121
prarieboy
Late Bloomer

Exp:

I'm sorry to hear about your loss socalwingfan. Sounds like he was a great dog.
prarieboy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to prarieboy For This Useful Post:
Old 01-26-2021, 03:06 PM   #1122
WhiteTiger
Franchise Player

Exp:

I'm sorry to hear about both your losses. A hard time made harder by the loss of a loved one. =(
WhiteTiger is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to WhiteTiger For This Useful Post:
Old 01-26-2021, 03:22 PM   #1123
Suzles
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

So very sorry to hear of both losses. Very, very sad. They both looked so full of character and love.

Sent from my SM-G975W using Tapatalk
Suzles is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Suzles For This Useful Post:
Old 01-26-2021, 03:54 PM   #1124
Cheese
Franchise Player

Exp:

Hate coming in this thread. I get a huge lump in my throat and I feel like crying, because I know.

Only time heals, and sometimes that is not enough.
Cheese is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Cheese For This Useful Post:
Old 01-26-2021, 04:57 PM   #1125
OldSam
Franchise Player

Exp:

I am so sorry to hear about both of your losses. The love of an animal is such a treasure. My current companion has helped me through some very sudden and difficult issues, all the while suffering through his own. He truly is the best pal.

Remember the great times. I truly appreciate the unconditional love and affection.
OldSam is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to OldSam For This Useful Post:
Old 01-26-2021, 05:22 PM   #1126
Vena
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

So sorry to hear about the two recent losses. It hurts to say goodbye, but thanks to both of you for giving your pets the best life possible.
Vena is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Vena For This Useful Post:
Old 01-26-2021, 05:45 PM   #1127
Winsor_Pilates
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheese View Post
Hate coming in this thread. I get a huge lump in my throat and I feel like crying, because I know.

Only time heals, and sometimes that is not enough.
Yeah, such a love/hate relationship with this thread.
It's wonderful to see people supported in a difficult time and learn about people's wonderful pets.
But it's the only thread on CP that consistently makes me sad.

Sorry for your loss Socal, Chance seemed like a Champ.
Winsor_Pilates is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Winsor_Pilates For This Useful Post:
Old 02-01-2021, 08:35 AM   #1128
Poe969
Franchise Player

Exp:

Yesterday I had to put down the first dog I've ever had. My wife and I adopted Diesel(half pug half beagle) in the spring of 2010 a few months after we got married. He was already just over a year old, a family bought him and kept him for around a year but they realized they couldn't care for him. We've now have a 7 year old son and a 2 year old daughter and he was like a best friend to both of them. We almost had to put him down before Christmas but he seemed to perk up a lot but in January he just started to decline more and more. We had the talk with my son back then and even though we didn't end up doing it then, I think it really helped him prepare for things. My daughter doesn't understand and she's still looking for him this morning.

He was there for me all the time but especially when I needed him most. To make a long story short, we bought a house and hired a company to gut it and rebuild it and ended up being scammed pretty badly. We were essentially homeless, broke and ended up living in my in-laws house. I was at my lowest low and almost did something pretty bad but he stopped me. I've gotten a lot of help and worked through a lot of my issues and he was there for every step of it.

He wasn't the best dog by any means but I owe him my life and it absolutely gutted me to do it yesterday. I'm a complete mess today and don't know what to do. I'm home with our daughter and she keeps looking for him and asking where he is, my son went to school but said if he feels sad he'd come home. I feel sorry for everyone who's lost a pet and now know how it feels.
Old 02-01-2021, 08:42 AM   #1129
ben voyonsdonc
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poe969 View Post
He wasn't the best dog by any means but I owe him my life and it absolutely gutted me to do it yesterday. I'm a complete mess today and don't know what to do. I'm home with our daughter and she keeps looking for him and asking where he is, my son went to school but said if he feels sad he'd come home. I feel sorry for everyone who's lost a pet and now know how it feels.
He sounds like the best dog to me. I'm sure you gave him an amazing life. My thoughts are with you and your family.
ben voyonsdonc is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ben voyonsdonc For This Useful Post:
Old 02-01-2021, 09:22 AM   #1130
Suzles
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

So very, very sorry for your loss. Diesel sounds like he was 'your boy'. People without pets should never underestimate the strength of the relationship. Animals give and give their love to us- in return for food and warmth and love (I hope) from us. Anyway, I had a cat 40+ years ago when I was very depressed and I did have a paltry 'cry for help' episode. That cat, my Georgie Porgie, was there for me when I returned from hospital. He was my rock. He was a cat like no other. I had to have him put to sleep when he was 17. I was a wreck. But I knew I had stopped him suffering. I was devastated for me but happy for him. My memories of him are still so strong - decades later and they still comfort me. Another dog will bring a lot of joy to your home. Sometimes, with animals, I wonder - who rescues who? Take care of yourself, take time to grieve. We are a strong group on this thread and would be here for you.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Suzles For This Useful Post:
Old 02-01-2021, 10:08 AM   #1131
prarieboy
Late Bloomer

Exp:

Really sorry to hear about your dog Poe. Always hard to lose a good friend. It was nice to read how he was able to help you out when you needed support. You did the right thing to help him when he was suffering. Thanks for taking the time to post.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to prarieboy For This Useful Post:
Old 02-01-2021, 11:33 AM   #1132
bigtmac19
Franchise Player

Exp:

Poe - I'm so very sorry to hear about your dear boy Diesel. You gave him the best life and he gave all his love to you in return. That's a gift. I'm sending all my best wishes and comfort to you and your family during this sad time.
bigtmac19 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to bigtmac19 For This Useful Post:
Old 02-22-2021, 10:23 AM   #1133
edslunch
Franchise Player

Exp:
Default Euthanasia and your pet

We had to put Tasha down this weekend. From being found abandoned in the dog park as a sickly puppy to beating an auto-immune disorder in her brain to living 12 years as a big dog, she was a tough old bird. This good girl was truly part of the family and will be greatly missed.

Last edited by edslunch; 02-22-2021 at 10:27 AM.
edslunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2021, 10:30 AM   #1134
prarieboy
Late Bloomer

Exp:

Sorry to hear about you losing your Tasha Ed. You gave her a good life.
Old 02-22-2021, 11:12 AM   #1135
Suzles
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

So very sorry to hear about your Tasha. She sounds like she was a very lucky girl to have had you as her family.

Old 04-02-2021, 03:27 PM   #1136
gallione11
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Made the difficult appointment to have one my cats put down tomorrow evening and I'm just gutted. Working from home at least, so I can cry in peace, but this may be one of the hardest things I've ever done. Up until now, never had a cat long enough to get to this point -- they usually went with my ex at break up time.

He'd been not eating as much the past year or so, but didn't think too much of it. He's almost 14. But this past week, he's almost completely stopped eating, even treats, sleeps 99% of the time and has gotten incontinent. He's had a few pained howls the past few days, which I'm trying to take as a sign he's done, but part of me feels like he hears us talking about putting him down.

I'm trying to focus on the life we gave him. We got him pretty young from a no-kill shelter so he's had it better than it could have been, but $#!@ I'm a wreck.
gallione11 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2021, 11:12 PM   #1137
EverfresH15
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by gallione11 View Post
Made the difficult appointment to have one my cats put down tomorrow evening and I'm just gutted. Working from home at least, so I can cry in peace, but this may be one of the hardest things I've ever done. Up until now, never had a cat long enough to get to this point -- they usually went with my ex at break up time.

He'd been not eating as much the past year or so, but didn't think too much of it. He's almost 14. But this past week, he's almost completely stopped eating, even treats, sleeps 99% of the time and has gotten incontinent. He's had a few pained howls the past few days, which I'm trying to take as a sign he's done, but part of me feels like he hears us talking about putting him down.

I'm trying to focus on the life we gave him. We got him pretty young from a no-kill shelter so he's had it better than it could have been, but $#!@ I'm a wreck.
Jesus, how many cats and gfs have you had?

Sorry for your loss though
EverfresH15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2021, 09:14 AM   #1138
prarieboy
Late Bloomer

Exp:

Sorry to hear about your loss gallione. You gave him a good life and you should be proud about that.
The Following User Says Thank You to prarieboy For This Useful Post:
Old 04-03-2021, 09:34 AM   #1139
gallione11
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Thanks for the support. Appt. window is the next 2 hours. Really shocking how quick he deteriorated. Won't even drink now. Obligatory picture from his happier days

gallione11 is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to gallione11 For This Useful Post:
Old 04-03-2021, 11:33 AM   #1140
ben voyonsdonc
Franchise Player

Exp:

I’m so sorry. He looks like an awesome bud.
ben voyonsdonc is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ben voyonsdonc For This Useful Post: