Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-20-2021, 01:10 PM   #1821
calgarygeologist
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TorqueDog View Post
Ford is doing Lightning again so Chevy Thunder, perhaps? But that brings me back to the days when people used to put those really cringe Ford vs Chevy decals on their rear windows.
Lightning makes sense for Ford as they previously used it on their truck and lightning is closely related to electricity. Thunder doesn't make as much sense in my opinion unless they just want to use it from a heritage aspect. But with their previous electric vehicles they used names that were related to electricity (Volt, Ampera in Europe and Bolt - Bolt not being that closely related.) I would assume that GM will come up with something new.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 81MC View Post
It’ll be the SS. These manufacturers are absolutely going to cash in on vintage name plate recognition, and GM better keep up. The demographic for these things is the perfect nostalgia age group, and with the capability of EV, that will be the new performance standard.
SS would be somewhat confusing as GM still currently uses it as a trim level to designate performance but it has no connotation to electric.
calgarygeologist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2021, 01:23 PM   #1822
Fuzz
Franchise Player

Exp:

You would think with the spacious frunk, they would have a regualr cab version, and a 8 foot box. Mostly as a work truck, but doesn't that seem a lot more useful than a 5.5 foot box? Probably save some costs, too.
Fuzz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2021, 01:28 PM   #1823
calgarygeologist
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzz View Post
You would think with the spacious frunk, they would have a regualr cab version, and a 8 foot box. Mostly as a work truck, but doesn't that seem a lot more useful than a 5.5 foot box? Probably save some costs, too.
I don't know if it would pass safety regulations but with electric technology the truck makers could do away with the current front end design and go to a cab-over style with a larger interior cabin and larger bed. Maybe something like the old school VW microbus trucks but in a full size NA package.
Old 05-20-2021, 01:43 PM   #1824
Barnes
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by calgarygeologist View Post
I don't know if it would pass safety regulations but with electric technology the truck makers could do away with the current front end design and go to a cab-over style with a larger interior cabin and larger bed. Maybe something like the old school VW microbus trucks but in a full size NA package.
Or make frunk even bigger like the bow of a cabin cruiser so you can crawl under the dash, make a cup of hot cocoa, and have a nap.
Barnes is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Barnes For This Useful Post:
Old 05-20-2021, 02:01 PM   #1825
Fuzz
Franchise Player

Exp:

I'm curious what is going on in this picture.
Spoiler!

5.5 foot box. I can't get my road bike in straight in a 5.5 foot box. Yet that's what, a dirt bike? Tailgate looks closed. Forks right up against the cab? Do people take front wheels off of dirt bikes easily for transport? Never owned one. Or is this just a really bad marketing bullshot?
Old 05-20-2021, 03:19 PM   #1826
DownInFlames
Craig McTavish' Merkin

Exp:

Quote:
I'm curious what is going on in this picture.
Spoiler!

5.5 foot box. I can't get my road bike in straight in a 5.5 foot box. Yet that's what, a dirt bike? Tailgate looks closed. Forks right up against the cab? Do people take front wheels off of dirt bikes easily for transport? Never owned one. Or is this just a really bad marketing bullshot?
The motion blur is fake so I wouldn't be surprised if the bike is too.
DownInFlames is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2021, 03:21 PM   #1827
You Need a Thneed
Voted for Kodos

Exp:

Quote:
Check out Canoo for the cab over EV truck.
Old 05-20-2021, 04:29 PM   #1828
DownhillGoat
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by InglewoodFan View Post
Hopefully they avoid using lightning bolt S's to denote electric...
This made me laugh way harder than it should have.
DownhillGoat is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DownhillGoat For This Useful Post:
Old 05-21-2021, 12:53 PM   #1829
DoubleF
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
I was imagining more Toyota Previa at first, but I like the microbus idea better.

I love to have a modern electric microbus type vehicle to use on road trips.
DoubleF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2021, 03:36 PM   #1830
DownInFlames
Craig McTavish' Merkin

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoubleF View Post
I was imagining more Toyota Previa at first, but I like the microbus idea better.

I love to have a modern electric microbus type vehicle to use on road trips.
I saw a lifted Previa today. Perfect off-roader if you ask me.
The Following User Says Thank You to DownInFlames For This Useful Post:
Old 05-21-2021, 03:46 PM   #1831
Table 5
Franchise Player

Exp:

The Previa was such a cool and rare beast. Apart from looking like a space ship, it had a mid-engined layout, was available as a manual, had rear-wheel or all-wheel drive, and you could get it in yellow.
Table 5 is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Table 5 For This Useful Post:
Old 05-21-2021, 04:06 PM   #1832
DoubleF
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Table 5 View Post
The Previa was such a cool and rare beast. Apart from looking like a space ship, it had a mid-engined layout, was available as a manual, had rear-wheel or all-wheel drive, and you could get it in yellow.
I was literally about to say that I bet a raised Previa off roader would look like a space vehicle in space games .
DoubleF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2021, 07:15 PM   #1833
DownInFlames
Craig McTavish' Merkin

Exp:

Drool.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to DownInFlames For This Useful Post:
Old 06-01-2021, 10:10 AM   #1834
Nufy
Franchise Player

Exp:

LF: Reliable Hemi mechanic.
2011 Ram 1500 QC Sport

South Calgary Preferred.

I am having starting issues after the vehicle sits overnight / extended periods of time.

You tube and general research tells me its probably the check valve in the fuel pump, located in the tank.

I need a diagnosis and replacement for the fuel pump.
Old 06-08-2021, 07:41 AM   #1835
Fuzz
Franchise Player

Exp:

https://jalopnik.com/ford-brings-bac...-20-1847052190

Ford makes another truck that isn't what I want. 4.5 ft bed! Come on, guys...

It's ~200 inches, 10" shorter than the new Ranger, and ~30" shorter than the F150. The old Ranger with extended cab and 6 foot box was 203.6". That's what I want, not an SUV with the back cover removed.
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Fuzz For This Useful Post:
Old 06-08-2021, 07:45 AM   #1836
CorsiHockeyLeague
Franchise Player

Exp:

Yeah... not good. The bed size is one thing (FFS ditch the back seats and just make it a front bench only) but 1500 lbs of load and 2000 lbs towing just isn't enough, even if it's a small truck.
"The great promise of the Internet was that more information would automatically yield better decisions. The great disappointment is that more information actually yields more possibilities to confirm what you already believed anyway." - Brian Eno
CorsiHockeyLeague is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2021, 07:48 AM   #1837
Table 5
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CorsiHockeyLeague View Post
Yeah... not good. The bed size is one thing (FFS ditch the back seats and just make it a front bench only) but 1500 lbs of load and 2000 lbs towing just isn't enough, even if it's a small truck.
FYI, It's 4000lbs with the Ecoboost engine.

Despite the pitfalls with the cab/bed that we all pine for, I actually think this thing will be pretty popular.
Table 5 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2021, 07:51 AM   #1838
Fuzz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
The Ecoboost 2-liter turbo engine is an option across the board, and with that option ticked power jumps to 250 HP and 277 pound-feet of twisting. The towing rating doubles to 4,000 pounds with this engine, and instead of the standard, hybrid-friendly CVT transmission, the bigger engine gets an eight-speed auto, along with an option for all-wheel drive.

My S-10 takes about 1200 lbs(I've had 1400 in it), and tows around 5500(rated, but that's way more than reality). I don't think 1500 lb capacity is that bad for the small bed. It'd be near full of gravel at that point. But for a truck that size, you probably don't want to tow more than 4000lbs anyway. It'd get sketchy.
Old 06-08-2021, 07:52 AM   #1839
calgarygeologist
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:

https://jalopnik.com/ford-brings-bac...-20-1847052190

Ford makes another truck that isn't what I want. 4.5 ft bed! Come on, guys...

It's ~200 inches, 10" shorter than the new Ranger, and ~30" shorter than the F150. The old Ranger with extended cab and 6 foot box was 203.6". That's what I want, not an SUV with the back cover removed.
I could be wrong but they are not designing or building these types of trucks for practically and usability. They are just trying to cash in on a hot truck market right now. Most people won't haul or tow anything and require more interior room and comfort over bed size.
The Following User Says Thank You to calgarygeologist For This Useful Post:
Old 06-08-2021, 07:52 AM   #1840
Fuzz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Table 5 View Post
FYI, It's 4000lbs with the Ecoboost engine.

Despite the pitfalls with the cab/bed that we all pine for, I actually think this thing will be pretty popular.
Ya, the low price will really help vs the Ranger. I wouldn't be surprised if it outsells it. Maybe one day they'll release a proper version of this.