Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum > Food and Entertainment
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-08-2021, 12:15 AM   #281
Yamer
Franchise Player

Exp:

Different strokes and all that noise. I'll revisit the episode some time.

"I see as much misery out of them moving to justify theirselves as them that set out to do harm."
-Dr. Amos "Doc" Cochran
Yamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2021, 11:10 AM   #282
Harry Lime
Franchise Player

Exp:

Just watched this episode, and the issue I had with it was that the swearing, by every character was constant. Maybe it was to highlight the earthiness of the Captain Planet character, but it took me out of story. I find excessive swearing to be lazy.

There were good elements, but the Rick/Summer sidestory could be cut waaaaay back to make room for the emotional development of Morty, which was the focus. Anyway, a miss in R&M seems to be equal to a decent episode on a lesser animation, so I enjoyed it still.
Old 07-09-2021, 01:26 PM   #283
Shazam
Franchise Player

Exp:

Just discovered this show, is good show, wish StackTV had all the seasons. That service sucks.
Old 07-09-2021, 01:59 PM   #284
Cecil Terwilliger
That Crazy Guy at the Bus Stop

Exp:

It's like they want the show to be pirated.

Adult Swim doesn't offer full seasons on demand and it isn't available on any streaming service. Like WTF?

Only other channel that backwards and pro pirating that I know of is FX. They do the same thing with some of their shows.
Cecil Terwilliger is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Cecil Terwilliger For This Useful Post:
Old 07-09-2021, 02:15 PM   #285
Wormius
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cecil Terwilliger View Post
It's like they want the show to be pirated.

Adult Swim doesn't offer full seasons on demand and it isn't available on any streaming service. Like WTF?

Only other channel that backwards and pro pirating that I know of is FX. They do the same thing with some of their shows.

Some Netflix regions carry new episodes. I think we saw new episodes appearing weekly while we were in The Netherlands.
Wormius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2021, 08:09 AM   #286
Pizza
Poster

Exp:

Pizza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2021, 10:55 PM   #287
PaperBagger'14
Franchise Player

Exp:

Tonight's episode was easily my favourite of the season. I thought right off of the bat that Rick was playing dumb to take the piss out of Morty, but that went a different direction than I thought.
PaperBagger'14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2021, 10:56 AM   #288
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

"What else are they doing with our taxes?"

What indeed Jerry....what indeed....

This Post Has Been Distilled for the Eradication of Seemingly Incurable Sadness.

If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a Fire Exit. - Mitch Hedberg
Locke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2021, 04:40 PM   #289
Hemi-Cuda
wins 10 internets

Exp:

FYI, apparently some streaming sites accidentally released episode 7 instead of 4, and it's available on the high seas. Noticed that my Plex server grabbed both which was a nice surprise. Kinda hesitant on actually watching the final episode now though since it might spoil something from the ones yet to come out
Hemi-Cuda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2021, 01:09 PM   #290
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Okay....

That episode was insane, ridiculous, stupid and amazing.

This Post Has Been Distilled for the Eradication of Seemingly Incurable Sadness.

If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a Fire Exit. - Mitch Hedberg
Locke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2021, 01:44 PM   #291
blankall
Ate 100 Treadmills

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Locke View Post
Okay....

That episode was insane, ridiculous, stupid and amazing.
Probably my favorite this season. But yes, I commented to my wife that it was the dumbest thing I'd ever seen. She then asked me if I wanted to turn it off, to which I replied, Not a chance.

The plots do seem to be getting slightly repetative. The other episode it was horse people. Now turkey people.
blankall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2021, 06:27 PM   #292
djsFlames
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

So I heard people had issues with the space sperm episode and potentially a collosal incest baby out there somewhere?

Apparently that episode tanked the season ratings.

I find it funny that with all the ridiculous lengths R&M has gone to over the years that this is where audiences draw the line
djsFlames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2021, 09:05 PM   #293
Yamer
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by djsFlames View Post
So I heard people had issues with the space sperm episode and potentially a collosal incest baby out there somewhere?

Apparently that episode tanked the season ratings.

I find it funny that with all the ridiculous lengths R&M has gone to over the years that this is where audiences draw the line
The stupid part...or great part...I don't know depending on how Twitter will turn, is that they entirely acknowledged that in the episode, then threw their hands in the air ala Rick and Morty at the end. That was the joke.

I happen to think that social media, and Twitter in particular, would fold themselves over and over so much that it would create a symbolic incest baby had All in the Family aired in 2020.

They can't figure out what's a joke and what the joke is supposed to be, thus ####ing each other over what should be offensive and objectionable.

Incest baby.

"I see as much misery out of them moving to justify theirselves as them that set out to do harm."
-Dr. Amos "Doc" Cochran
Old 07-27-2021, 09:07 AM   #294
Monahammer
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by blankall View Post
Probably my favorite this season. But yes, I commented to my wife that it was the dumbest thing I'd ever seen. She then asked me if I wanted to turn it off, to which I replied, Not a chance.

The plots do seem to be getting slightly repetative. The other episode it was horse people. Now turkey people.
This is what is most worrisome. Harmon gets into these plot "holes" where he recycles the same crap and starts getting depressed about it then drops it entirely. IMO we are at or near the end of R & M. But that's ok, it was a lot of fun and I think it helped kick open the doors to some crazy sci fi potential that no one thought would be translatable to media before. A perfect example is what disney has now done with the Loki series.
Monahammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2021, 10:29 PM   #295
Yamer
Franchise Player

Exp:

I don't know why I feel so cynical about this, but this is the second overblown, sad parody of the season. This wasn't entertaining.

What is happening this season?

-Dr. Amos "Doc" Cochran
Old 08-03-2021, 06:19 AM   #296
blankall
Ate 100 Treadmills

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yamer View Post
I don't know why I feel so cynical about this, but this is the second overblown, sad parody of the season. This wasn't entertaining.

What is happening this season?
A lot of the stuff was really cliche too. Making fun of anime characters? Same thing with the Scorcese voice over routine. It didn't really fit the theme of the show and also came across as pretty dated.

I also don't find the giant incest baby concept very funny. They kept saying it through the episode.

I'm hoping the show can find itself again. We should be getting at least one episode linked to the larger plots this season, so hopefully the show can right itself with that.
Old 08-03-2021, 10:40 AM   #297
Maritime Q-Scout
Ben

Exp:

I too have been finding this season lack luster.

I will admit that even the older episodes tend to diminish quickly for me on re-viewing. However, this season feels like watching repeats. There's something missing.

Maybe it's the heart, Rick is a tragic soul, yet this season just seems to be a jerk. Even last Sunday's episode, he dropped Morty and Summer on a dime. Previous seasons he'd do that but there's be a conflict within him (even if he tried to dismiss it). Now nothing.

Even the payoff for the voice over bugs (internal monologue things? whatever they were) would normally be a cool payoff, but just wasn't.

Hopefully it turns around.

"Calgary Flames is the best team in all the land" - My Brainwashed Son
Maritime Q-Scout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2021, 06:05 PM   #298
FireGilbert
Franchise Player

Exp:

I just want them to get to the Szechuan sauce story arc!
Old 08-09-2021, 12:02 AM   #299
FlamesAddiction
Franchise Player

Exp:

I have actually liked the season for the most part, but what was that episode 7 with the ferrets and junk. I couldn't even force myself to laugh and just shut it down.

Maybe if I knew the references better or something, but that was just crap. The first time I couldn't be bothered to watch.
Old 08-09-2021, 08:26 AM   #300
blankall
Ate 100 Treadmills

Exp:

The latest episode, which is bird person centric, seemed like by the far the best this season. They moved away from the gags back to something more character focused. Not a lot of laugh out loud moments, but pretty enjoyable.

Overall my biggest issue with this season is that it's just not very funny, and the characters seem to be doing things that are out of character for the purpose of gags. Kind of things me of what happened to the Simpsons post season 10 or so.

So far, these self contained comedy focused episodes just haven't been funny. In the past they hadn't done so many of these. There was always a citadel episode or two. A Beth/Rick, Beth/Jerry, Morty, etc relationship/character development arc that they had as a side story arc. This season they referenced those arcs, but only as call backs to previous episodes. The call backs seem way to frequent and lazy.

This episode was pretty great though. I'm hoping we get a very solid citadel/evil Morty episode as a finale.