Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Fire on Ice: The Calgary Flames Forum

Old 04-02-2019, 04:09 PM   #241
stazzy33
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Another code from the Evraz group is available, unlocks some different seats: REAL1884
stazzy33 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to stazzy33 For This Useful Post:
Old 04-02-2019, 04:14 PM   #242
Jaybo
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by stazzy33 View Post
I managed to snag some tickets as well! Looking forward to it! We should plan a CP meetup sometime on the Friday night!
It's a long way off but may I suggest Bushwakkers as a possible meet-up location? Bushwakkers is the best brewpub in town, does really well in local food award votes (https://www.prairiedogmag.com/best-of-food-2018/) and is relatively centrally located as well.

Depending on how many people would attend, we could either try to make a reservation for regular tables or they have a private room upstairs that can be booked for something like $250 and holds maybe 75-100 people? There's also one in the basement which I think only costs $25 or something but can't remember how many people it holds, maybe 20-30?

http://www.bushwakker.com/private-rooms.htm

[Edit: Bushwakkers isn't kid-friendly which might rule it out as a possible venue if people are bringing kids and aren't able to leave them in the hotel or with family or whatever.]

Last edited by Jaybo; 04-02-2019 at 04:18 PM. Reason: added info
Jaybo is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Jaybo For This Useful Post:
Old 04-02-2019, 04:43 PM   #243
Flacker
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:
Flames

So I have grabbed some sweet seats for the game, but am coming up empty for a hotel in Regina. If anyone here had something booked and isn't going to use it, please PM me before you cancel, and we can work something out to make it worth your effort.

Have a standby booked in Moose Jaw with free cancellation, but would like to avoid the 45 minute drive after the game. I would rather get blitzed and pour myself into a cab/uber.
Flacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2019, 10:46 AM   #244
woob
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Also looking for a hotel!
woob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2019, 10:54 AM   #245
Resolute 14
In the Sin Bin

Exp:

Probably easier at this point to rent a camper van and sleep in the Walmart parking lot.
Resolute 14 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Resolute 14 For This Useful Post:
Old 04-04-2019, 10:56 AM   #246
Weitz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaybo View Post
It's a long way off but may I suggest Bushwakkers as a possible meet-up location? Bushwakkers is the best brewpub in town, does really well in local food award votes (https://www.prairiedogmag.com/best-of-food-2018/) and is relatively centrally located as well.

Depending on how many people would attend, we could either try to make a reservation for regular tables or they have a private room upstairs that can be booked for something like $250 and holds maybe 75-100 people? There's also one in the basement which I think only costs $25 or something but can't remember how many people it holds, maybe 20-30?

http://www.bushwakker.com/private-rooms.htm

[Edit: Bushwakkers isn't kid-friendly which might rule it out as a possible venue if people are bringing kids and aren't able to leave them in the hotel or with family or whatever.]
Not gonna lie when I was in Regina last summer we checked out that place and was pretty disappointed. Rebellion across the street was much better.
Weitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2019, 08:21 PM   #247
CM ONE
Backup Goalie

Exp:

New place open on Dewdney between Bushwakker's and Rebellion. Baller's rec room. Comes complete with batting cages, video games and kid friendly til 8 I think.
CM ONE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2019, 08:32 PM   #248
HamptonIce
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

This question may have been asked before. Curious if Flames STH have been offered a unique Pre-Sale code that may offer additional/unique seats.
HamptonIce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2019, 08:39 PM   #249
Boreal
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CM ONE View Post
New place open on Dewdney between Bushwakker's and Rebellion. Baller's rec room. Comes complete with batting cages, video games and kid friendly til 8 I think.
Good to know.

Bushwakkers is a dump. When I was there 6 years ago with my infant strapped to my chest looking at their off sale selection they voraciously kicked me & my wife out like our son was a bomb about to explode.

“YOU CANT BE IN HERE WITH THAT!!!”

They’re morons who won’t alter or structure their liquor license to accommodate families who would happily dump money into their establishment.

Their beer is also far from memorable, especially as craft beer has exploded.
Boreal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2019, 08:52 PM   #250
Sainters7
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheScorpion View Post
As a kid, I preferred more unique jerseys. Guess I just liked to stand out. Now I don't really care as much but like... still, there are thousands of Gaudreau jerseys. I like representing players who don't get as much of the spotlight.
I could see that. Especially if you live in or around the Calgary area. If you're a displaced Flames fan I think it's not as big of a thing, as you'll be unique no matter what name it is.
Sainters7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2019, 07:27 AM   #251
Resolute 14
In the Sin Bin

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by HamptonIce View Post
This question may have been asked before. Curious if Flames STH have been offered a unique Pre-Sale code that may offer additional/unique seats.
Nope. But the two codes already in this thread offer seats pretty much anywhere in the stadium.

Also, lol @ people trying to scalp $160 seats for $700, when there's still plenty of $160 seats left, literally right beside them.

Edit: Scratch that. Just got an email that Flames STHes will get a code on Monday. Seems kind of pointless given how many codes are out there already, but whatever.

Last edited by Resolute 14; 04-05-2019 at 09:54 AM.
Old 04-05-2019, 07:44 AM   #252
Flamesguy_SJ
First Line Centre

Exp:

It isn't fancy, but there is still room available at the Hostel International Regina. Just booked a private room Thursday-Sunday for less than $250 total.
Flamesguy_SJ is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Flamesguy_SJ For This Useful Post:
Old 04-05-2019, 08:57 AM   #253
SaskUke
Farm Team Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weitz View Post
Not gonna lie when I was in Regina last summer we checked out that place and was pretty disappointed. Rebellion across the street was much better.
The fat badger is the most fun pub that is downtown. Way closer to hotels and parking.
SaskUke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2019, 04:03 PM   #254
Robbob
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by HamptonIce View Post
Got an email this morning saying that STH will have "priority access" to tickets Aptil 8th @10am. Info will be sent Monday morning.
Robbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2019, 12:06 PM   #255
Ben_in_Canada
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Access codes went out this morning. Picked up a cheaper pair, still have playoff tickets to pay for
Ben_in_Canada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2019, 03:11 PM   #256
krazycanuck
Won the Worst Son Ever Award

Exp:

Calgary19 is the presale code
krazycanuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2019, 04:29 PM   #257
JBR
Franchise Player

Exp:

I think accommodation is going to be a big issue for most people. Picked up 3 tickets yesterday, and am drawing a blank. I suspect/hope some hotels have blocked off sections of rooms that may later be released...
JBR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2019, 04:39 PM   #258
DownhillGoat
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBR View Post
I suspect/hope some hotels have blocked off sections of rooms that may later be released...
Doubtful. Things booked up already after the announcement. At best I would imagine one could keep checking for cancellations after people that booked decide not to get tickets.

Regina isn't really built for this. Moose Jaw is already full to by the sounds of it. There was an article in the Leader-Post already about accoms being full.

My guess is there's going to be a flood of people renting spare rooms, couches, RV's on AirBnb. Otherwise your best bets are likely surrounding areas. White City, Balgonie, Foam Lake, etc and drive the 30-60 min.
DownhillGoat is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to DownhillGoat For This Useful Post:
JBR
Old 04-08-2019, 04:53 PM   #259
Resolute 14
In the Sin Bin

Exp:

Well, they really didn't offer much to Calgary fans, did they? Winnipeg's presale code has tons more seats available. Somewhat understandable given its a Jets home game though.

Though, hopefully it really means that there's a lot more interest from a Calgary perspective and we'll have the larger fanbase. Definitely possible since Winnipeg just hosted one of these.
Old 04-19-2019, 08:03 AM   #260
manwiches
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

I've procrastinated like crazy, and the presale codes no longer work...

Anybody have any that work? Heritage, Calgary19, and Real1884 don't work anymore, or at least don't unlock them.
manwiches is offline   Reply With Quote