Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-09-2023, 12:00 PM   #1361
GGG
Franchise Player

Exp:

What’s the motivation for using evidence of alien life were such evidence to exist?
GGG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2023, 12:08 PM   #1362
Enoch Root
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muta View Post
Enoch - what's your own position on the possibility of extraterrestrial life?
First of all, the possibility of extraterrestrial life is a very different conversation than the 'aliens are here' conspiracy, but to answer the question:

There are maybe a couple trillion galaxies, and maybe one or two hundred billion stars per galaxy. And then some number of planets per star (probably larger than currently estimated, as there is still a great deal of matter to be accounted for). So the likelihood of life is almost a certainty. Hell, I suspect the possibility of life in our solar system is pretty high, and I wouldn't be at all surprised if they do in fact find evidence of (microbial) life on Mars.

However, the likelihood of intelligent life is someone lesser - above zero? Seems, again, almost a certainty though, at least somewhere.

However, the step from 'intelligent life elsewhere' to 'aliens in Vegas' is beyond huge. The idea of alien life travelling to earth is challenging enough, but the idea that any evidence of it is non-existent, other than tiny scraps of it that are somehow being kept secret in what would be the greatest cover-up of all time, is... somewhat harder to swallow.
Enoch Root is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Enoch Root For This Useful Post:
Old 06-09-2023, 12:15 PM   #1363
Enoch Root
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiggy_12 View Post
Muta is 100% correct. You don't need to believe him, it doesn't matter. He is speaking in fact.

from 2017 until now, massive strides have been made to drag this topic kicking and screaming from; fringe, you'll be laughed out of the room even discussing - to a legit discussion being held in the highest offices of world governments.

It takes a lot of effort to turn around an aircraft carrier with 90 years of momentum behind it.

Is it all real? that's still up for debate. The "evidence" is still behind barriers.

But there is zero debate how far along its come.
What facts is Muta speaking? I mean, other than stating these discussions are taking place and that this guy is making these claims.

Again, and there is no way that I can overstate this: proof of alien life visiting us would be the single greatest event in history (unless you believe Mary was a virgin and Jesus was n fact the son of God).

Some of you are trying to argue that people have become numb to the news, and disinterested in the truth - nothing could be further from the truth. People are numb to the constant talk of cover ups, and the constant parade of worthless 'evidence'.

When there is REAL, undisputable evidence, the world will be more than interested.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Enoch Root For This Useful Post:
Old 06-09-2023, 12:18 PM   #1364
Ozy_Flame

Posted the 6 millionth post!

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enoch Root View Post
When there is REAL, undisputable evidence, the world will be more than interested.
While your point stands, I think an official statement from the President of the US or the United Nations coming out and confirming extraterrestrial life and our reverse engineering programs would change things pretty quickly - even if the evidence hasn't been shown in public. The world would pick up interest pretty quickly if it was confirmed verbally at official levels.
Ozy_Flame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2023, 12:23 PM   #1365
Enoch Root
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozy_Flame View Post
While your point stands, I think an official statement from the President of the US or the United Nations coming out and confirming extraterrestrial life and our reverse engineering programs would change things pretty quickly - even if the evidence hasn't been shown in public. The world would pick up interest pretty quickly if it was confirmed verbally at official levels.
I would imagine that if they did make such a bold claim, that they would in fact present some evidence to back it up.
Old 06-09-2023, 12:31 PM   #1366
Ozy_Flame

Exp:

Quote:
I would imagine that if they did make such a bold claim, that they would in fact present some evidence to back it up.
Not sure it's that simple. Declassification from what's likely at TSCI or beyond within special access programs probably is very difficult and a long-winded legal process. Additionally, if any of this has been parsed out to private contractors, there may be legal implications of disclosure that could have heavy or severe fines, including possible prosecutions. Additionally, it would likely be very difficult to extract evidence in full alignment between various stove-piped agencies as a collaborative 'drip' such as from DoD, CIA, NOAA, NASA, USAF and the Navy. These agencies have not historically played nice together.

I think if anyone is waiting for them to bring out Marvin the Martian on stage, they're going to be disappointed. I think what's more likely is a demonstration of a reverse-engineered technology that science has been able to leverage, but not necessarily demonstrated by the origin craft.
Old 06-09-2023, 12:32 PM   #1367
JohnnyB
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
It isn't taking anything away from anything.

If there were anything actually real - real evidence of alien life, it would be the largest story in history. The only thing greater would be an actual appearance by God. And since that isn't going to happen, Aliens would be the single greatest event in history.

So yeah, some dude creating a prank in Vegas is not going to affect that in any way (if there were, you know, ACTUAL, REAL NEWS)
I think there's a popular book covering that. Can't recall what it's called at the moment, but I believe it was a best seller and has a sizable fan club around it and even has people stanning for it at high levels of politics and government. It's pretty kooky stuff, but I'm sure anyone who's into those kinds of conspiracy theories can find it if they go looking.

"If stupidity got us into this mess, then why can't it get us out?"
JohnnyB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2023, 12:39 PM   #1368
Muta
Franchise Player

Exp:

The great thing about this topic is that everyone has their own opinions, and rightfully so. This is a very adventurous subject in scope as well (and has been for decades). The last six years have really built some key developments in this field too, especially the creating of AARO, the DoD releasing actual video of unknown phenomena, and Congress passing law to make whistleblower activity non-criminal. 2017-2023 has been a really interesting time for fans of this subject.

Now, for stuff like the LV incident? I'm of the opinion like others that it's a hoax, and adversely taking away from the news of Grusch's testimony.
Muta is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2023, 12:48 PM   #1369
Enoch Root
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozy_Flame View Post
Not sure it's that simple. Declassification from what's likely at TSCI or beyond within special access programs probably is very difficult and a long-winded legal process. Additionally, if any of this has been parsed out to private contractors, there may be legal implications of disclosure that could have heavy or severe fines, including possible prosecutions. Additionally, it would likely be very difficult to extract evidence in full alignment between various stove-piped agencies as a collaborative 'drip' such as from DoD, CIA, NOAA, NASA, USAF and the Navy. These agencies have not historically played nice together.

I think if anyone is waiting for them to bring out Marvin the Martian on stage, they're going to be disappointed. I think what's more likely is a demonstration of a reverse-engineered technology that science has been able to leverage, but not necessarily demonstrated by the origin craft.
That is a whole lot of people being complicit to the secrecy.

And to what end, exactly?
Old 06-09-2023, 12:49 PM   #1370
Enoch Root
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyB View Post
I think there's a popular book covering that. Can't recall what it's called at the moment, but I believe it was a best seller and has a sizable fan club around it and even has people stanning for it at high levels of politics and government. It's pretty kooky stuff, but I'm sure anyone who's into those kinds of conspiracy theories can find it if they go looking.
Its collection of evidence is of a similar level of quality to what we have seen so far on the aliens front
Old 06-09-2023, 12:52 PM   #1371
Fuzz
Franchise Player

Exp:

None of this US government stuff makes sense to me. Like, the US government is investigating whether it has evidence of aliens? Shouldn't they know? Ya, ya, classified, whatever, someone must have the ability to say "show us proof non-earthly vehicles/beings were here." So if they want this to become public, WTF is the hold up? Just demand it from whatever gatekeeper has locked it down. And if you do want to keep it all on the down low for whatever good reasons exist, why would you have investigations of yourself?
Fuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2023, 12:56 PM   #1372
Muta
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzz View Post
None of this US government stuff makes sense to me. Like, the US government is investigating whether it has evidence of aliens? Shouldn't they know? Ya, ya, classified, whatever, someone must have the ability to say "show us proof non-earthly vehicles/beings were here." So if they want this to become public, WTF is the hold up? Just demand it from whatever gatekeeper has locked it down. And if you do want to keep it all on the down low for whatever good reasons exist, why would you have investigations of yourself?
This is sometimes my dilemma too. You'd think internally, the US government would be able to access anything they have, easily, regardless of department since they're all working under the same general umbrella. I'm assuming there's a lot more bureaucratic red tape and process internally than what we may understand. Also, national security is a reason to not go further public in many cases - and to be honest, that's a completely legit reason, since that kind of info or technology in the hands of foreign entities could be adversarial to the United States (at least in theory).
Old 06-09-2023, 01:03 PM   #1373
Enoch Root
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muta View Post
This is sometimes my dilemma too. You'd think internally, the US government would be able to access anything they have, easily, regardless of department since they're all working under the same general umbrella. I'm assuming there's a lot more bureaucratic red tape and process internally than what we may understand. Also, national security is a reason to not go further public in many cases - and to be honest, that's a completely legit reason, since that kind of info or technology in the hands of foreign entities could be adversarial to the United States (at least in theory).
So the US government has had this stuff in their possession for years/decades, and haven't been able to do anything useful with it. But show it to the public and - boom! - some rogue nation whips up a weapon from the technology.

Seems like a legit concern.
Old 06-09-2023, 01:08 PM   #1374
PepsiFree
Participant
Participant

Exp:

If we assume the US has evidence of alien craft/alien presence on Earth collected over decades then shouldn’t we assume that most nations do?

If so, what’s the motivation for the internationally synchronized coverup?

If so, why are governments the only ones in possession of this stuff?
PepsiFree is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to PepsiFree For This Useful Post:
Old 06-09-2023, 01:13 PM   #1375
shotinthebacklund
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

I have always assumed we would have confirmation of ET's in my lifetime for some reason, and in the last couple years I have seen 2 things I just cant explain. One being that odd craft under our airliner a few months back. The other the strangest, lights and flying pattern on backcountry mountain hunt in September 2 years ago (my hunting partner was so spooked he rather hike out in the pitchblack in grizz country then stay where we were camped.)
shotinthebacklund is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2023, 01:14 PM   #1376
Jiggy_12
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by PepsiFree View Post
If we assume the US has evidence of alien craft/alien presence on Earth collected over decades then shouldn’t we assume that most nations do?

Excellent questions. I've pondered over these endlessly.

I hope we get to find out
Jiggy_12 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Jiggy_12 For This Useful Post:
Old 06-09-2023, 01:15 PM   #1377
Muta
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
So the US government has had this stuff in their possession for years/decades, and haven't been able to do anything useful with it. But show it to the public and - boom! - some rogue nation whips up a weapon from the technology.

Seems like a legit concern.
This is where disclosure and increasingly open and transparent dialogue, which seems like is starting to happen in this subject, would help to alleviate this type of position.
Old 06-09-2023, 01:27 PM   #1378
Ozy_Flame

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by PepsiFree View Post

Yes, and that's part of the cause for concern. China and Russia have had their own encounters over the years, and have had programs dedicated to researching and studying the phenomenon (just like Project Blue Book back in the 60's).

The language used in the National Defense Authorization Act signed last year is intended to frame the conversation in terms of national security and investigating UAP-related activities by "adversarial foreign governments".

Also, the Five Eyes are sharing information on UAP activity. This was as recently evident as last month: CBC: Canada attends first-of-its-kind UFO briefing at the Pentagon

Other countries have also been involved on the topic lately, including Brazil holding public hearings last year and GEIPAN in France performs research on the topic and complies data for various French government organizations.

I would also suspect that we're going to learn that private contractors and research companies are probably woven into the fabric of this topic. Outside of the rumors of long-time involvement of Skunkworks, Batelle, Boeing, and Bigelow Aerospace, recent research efforts have also tried to reach out to prviate groups, such as the Galileo Project, UAPx, and even NASA in enlisting the public to help gather UAP data.

I think all of this is to say, the topic of UAPS are now in a different framework than it was six years ago, with more Congressional resources now being dedicated to building a knowledge base and mechanisms to better report on UAP sightings.

Even if you think the topic is ridiculous, it has resulted in proactive involvement from the USIC, ODNI, NASA, Congress, and the U.S. government in general, which has historically played a leadership role on this topic.
Old 06-09-2023, 01:33 PM   #1379
Enoch Root
Franchise Player

Exp:

So who ISN'T involved in the secrecy conspiracy? There is no one left to tell, except the few of us in this thread.
Old 06-09-2023, 01:38 PM   #1380
Matata
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

There's a theory that UFO sightings dramatically increased after nuclear bombs started being detonated (an artificial nuclear explosion is something that could easily be detected at interstellar distances). Since the nuclear bombs were developed by the US military, that was the first group ETs established contact with and has remained as their primary contact with the human race The theory even goes further to say that the US exchanged a trade where they would permit ETs to abduct it's citizens for testing in exchange for technology. Which is why ET activity has seemed to center on the US.
Matata is offline   Reply With Quote