Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum > Food and Entertainment
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-12-2019, 09:34 PM   #5161
djsFlames
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by AltaGuy View Post
I predicted everything - Varys, Evil Dany, Cleganebowl, and now Jon will kill Dany and take the black (again). Someone stupid gets the Iron Throne.

Euron fights Jamie... who cares?

So po’d that they turned my favourite show into a nonsensical, meaningless pile of poo.

But, hey, maybe I’ll feel differently tomorrow. It was nicely shot for the most part.
Euron fighting Jamie for bragging rights in a "meaningless squabble" fight is the most Euron thing ever. Especially with the show version of the character. I mean did you see his dying moment? Lol.

Also uh..congrats I guess?
djsFlames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2019, 09:39 PM   #5162
Cecil Terwilliger
That Crazy Guy at the Bus Stop

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by accord1999 View Post
I haven't seen the episode but perhaps its due to the wildfire caches that were hidden in the city by the Mad King?

https://gameofthrones.fandom.com/wiki/Wildfire_Plot
No. The wildfire is green and you could see it in some shots.

But it was quite clear her dragon fire was making the stone inexplicably explode and it had nothing to do with wildfire.

Anyways, that’s the least awful thing about that turd of an episode. Worst of the series and really a series defining moment of awfulness. This show truly is beyond redemption.

Now we get to see the real D&D. You know, the guys who wrote Xmen Origins Wolverine. This episode made that movie look good. Correction only 1 of the Ds wrote that movie.
Cecil Terwilliger is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Cecil Terwilliger For This Useful Post:
Old 05-12-2019, 09:40 PM   #5163
djsFlames
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cecil Terwilliger View Post
No. The wildfire is green and you could see it in some shots.

But it was quite clear her dragon fire was making the stone inexplicably explode and it had nothing to do with wildfire.

Anyways, that’s the least awful thing about that turd of an episode. Worst of the series and really a series defining moment of awfulness. This show truly is beyond redemption.

Now we get to see the real D&D. You know, the guys who wrote Xmen Origins Wolverine. This episode made that movie look good.
Well, you've made your feelings clear. The door is right there if you have nothing but bitching to offer.
Old 05-12-2019, 09:41 PM   #5164
Cecil Terwilliger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by djsFlames View Post
Well, you've made your feelings clear. The door is right there.
Lol. You mad?

I’m sorry if my thoughts on the show are too much for you to handle right now.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Cecil Terwilliger For This Useful Post:
Old 05-12-2019, 09:41 PM   #5165
JohnnyB
Franchise Player

Exp:

I'm surprised to read people being disappointed by that episode. I thought it was the best of the season so far. The cleganebowl was a touch too dramatic for me, as was Arya with the white horse, but overall I thought that episode hit it out of the park. It delivered on so many points and showed the horror of the consequences of war and of power unchecked. It was terrible, but terrible in a way that showed what happens when internal rage is allowed free in a world unstructured by a sense of morality.

"If stupidity got us into this mess, then why can't it get us out?"
JohnnyB is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JohnnyB For This Useful Post:
Old 05-12-2019, 09:44 PM   #5166
direwolf
Franchise Player

Exp:

My god, some of you folks are hard to please. I thought that was an epic nail-biter from start to finish, with some terrific character moments mixed in (Hound/Arya, Jaime/Tyrion, Jaime/Cersei, Cleganebowl).

Excellent episode IMO. Easily my favorite of the season so far.
direwolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2019, 09:45 PM   #5167
Fuzz
Franchise Player

Exp:

I thought it was a great episode. Not much more to say, other than I feel bad for The Hound. His brother was really already dead. And he died for nothing. I wonder if Cersie would have made it out if The Hound had never showed up?

Was nice to see Danny fulfill destiny.
Fuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2019, 09:49 PM   #5168
Nyah
First Line Centre

Exp:

I loved it. I absolutely loved the part where Cersei was all like 'I'ma just scootch by you guys here...' and then Cleganeball commenced. Brilliant. I get why people are upset with Dany's arc, but she's been heading this way for a while now. Grief pushed her over the edge. I just hope she doesn't decide to fly up and torch Winterfell too. I can't ####ing wait for next episode.
Nyah is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Nyah For This Useful Post:
Old 05-12-2019, 09:50 PM   #5169
dammage79
Franchise Player

Exp:

Sounds like Cecil was more into the political intrigue of the show. But those first seasons were early in the chess game. Many pieces on the move, lots of thing to set up. But the end game is almost always slanted towards action. And to be honest I really thought this episode did the political stuff great honor.

Dany tried playing the game, went with her original rage after playing the game cost her too much. Her intent was always to destroy it.

Cersei thinking that Dany was playing the game and then refused to acknowledge at every single step that the game didnt matter, Dany was burning it all down.

Tyrion and Varys, two major game players just tossed to the wayside.

Jon caused all this because his truth lies in a kiss that could have changed Danys mind. It didnt.

Honestly as this series came to an end it wasn't going to be a major plot driven thing like seasons prior. There's nowhere left to turn, the only thing left is how the last scene ends. Who will live? Dany? Jon? That's it. There's no more chess to play.
dammage79 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2019, 09:50 PM   #5170
AltaGuy
AltaGuy has a magnetic personality and exudes positive energy, which is infectious to those around him. He has an unparalleled ability to communicate with people, whether he is speaking to a room of three or an arena of 30,000.

Exp:

I felt like that episode had all the emotional impact and gravitas of a Transformers movie. The main characters have become something less than 2D somehow, let alone the intelligent decision-makers of earlier seasons.

The show is ending as a story about a girl with a dragon who burns everything down because she isn’t loved. Yeahhhh
AltaGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to AltaGuy For This Useful Post:
Old 05-12-2019, 09:52 PM   #5171
Cecil Terwilliger

Exp:

Thoughts and prayers to anyone who named their little girl Daenerys or Khaleesi.
The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to Cecil Terwilliger For This Useful Post:
Old 05-12-2019, 09:53 PM   #5172
djsFlames
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cecil Terwilliger View Post
Lol. You mad?

I’m sorry if my thoughts on the show are too much for you to handle right now.
I mean you're clearly prodding for a rise, but nope. Just hoping you miiiight just go and make this discussion flow better without needing to sift through your moaning.

At least Alta said his piece then left. Sensible, despite his stance.

Edit: lol okay Alta didn't leave after all.

Last edited by djsFlames; 05-12-2019 at 09:55 PM.
Old 05-12-2019, 09:57 PM   #5173
JohnnyB
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
I felt like that episode had all the emotional impact and gravitas of a Transformers movie. The main characters have become something less than 2D somehow, let alone the intelligent decision-makers of earlier seasons.

The show is ending as a story about a girl with a dragon who burns everything down because she isn’t loved. Yeahhhh
I thought pretty much everything in there was consistent with everything that was built up about the characters throughout the whole series. This was the climax, and it was messy but delivered on almost every character and their internal strengths and weaknesses.

"If stupidity got us into this mess, then why can't it get us out?"
JohnnyB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2019, 09:57 PM   #5174
AltaGuy
AltaGuy has a magnetic personality and exudes positive energy, which is infectious to those around him. He has an unparalleled ability to communicate with people, whether he is speaking to a room of three or an arena of 30,000.

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by djsFlames View Post
I mean you're clearly prodding for a rise, but nope. Just hoping you miiiight just go and make this discussion flow better without needing to sift through your moaning.

At least Alta said his piece then left. Sensible, despite his stance.

Edit: lol okay Alta didn't leave after all.
Nah.... but hey.... I’ll leave the thread for tonight to the “true” fans I guess.
AltaGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2019, 10:05 PM   #5175
FlameOn
Franchise Player

Exp:

Cast opinions
FlameOn is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to FlameOn For This Useful Post:
Old 05-12-2019, 10:05 PM   #5176
djsFlames
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Nah.... but hey.... I’ll leave the thread for tonight to the “true” fans I guess.
It's not that true fans are the ones still enjoying it. But can you discuss it from a slightly more impartial place? Surely not everything in the 6 or so hours of content you've seen has been straight garbage.

How would you have done the episode differently in how events unfolded if you were in charge? See, that's something I'm more interested in hearing than just spewing dissatisfaction all over everybody else.

Cause then we could have an interesting back and forth about that and what could have been more effective.

I want to believe that CP can have more productive conversations than the masses around social media that love to moan about everything. There are bright people in here that are better than that.

Last edited by djsFlames; 05-12-2019 at 10:08 PM.
Old 05-12-2019, 10:23 PM   #5177
Ashasx
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
I predicted everything - Varys, Evil Dany, Cleganebowl, and now Jon will kill Dany and take the black (again). Someone stupid gets the Iron Throne.

Euron fights Jamie... who cares?

So po’d that they turned my favourite show into a nonsensical, meaningless pile of poo.

But, hey, maybe I’ll feel differently tomorrow. It was nicely shot for the most part.
Ser Davos please.
Ashasx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2019, 10:24 PM   #5178
Ashasx
Franchise Player

Exp:

I will say, for writers who wanted to subvert our expectations, that episode went almost exactly how most in this thread thought it would.
Old 05-12-2019, 10:25 PM   #5179
Patek23
Franchise Player

Exp:

Dany kills Jon. Arya kills Dany. Gendry takes throne.
Patek23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2019, 10:31 PM   #5180
Ashasx
Franchise Player

Exp:

r/freefolk has truly lost it

The Following User Says Thank You to Ashasx For This Useful Post: