Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Fire on Ice: The Calgary Flames Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-29-2023, 09:55 AM   #421
Erick Estrada
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paulie Walnuts View Post
I'm interested in Craig Janney was he also not paying people for services?
Maybe as he was considered a jerk. As with Scheifele he was as one-dimensional a player as they come and not a great teammate although you can argue he got burned by other teammates like Shanahan running off with his wife in St.Louis.
Erick Estrada is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Erick Estrada For This Useful Post:
Old 04-29-2023, 10:25 AM   #422
The Original FFIV
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enoch Root View Post
I don't like seeing the coach air their dirty laundry in public - I agree with Wheeler on that aspect. However, sitting at the game - from the opening puck drop - we were all discussing the complete lack of push-back or fight that the Jets were displaying. Pretty pathetic effort for an elimination game.
Thing is there have probably been discussions behind the scenes and frustration boils over when those discussions have no impact. Jets are a broken team and I don’t blame bowness for venting. Fans and media are clamouring for this kind of frankness instead of buzzwords and empty talk. Nice to see someone speak the truth. If jets can him over this, speaks more about Chipman and Chevy’s incompetence than bowness and his coaching. As Jack Gotta said, you can’t make chicken salad out of chicken poop
The Original FFIV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2023, 11:56 AM   #423
Press Level
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

Nice to see a team other than the Flames publicly implode.

Not a fan of Wheeler's reaction. I don't think that Bowness said anything that outlandish, he didn't single out any individuals, he just expressed his frustration that the team no-showed for an elimination game. Wheeler really demonstrating why he doesn't wear the "C" anymore.
Press Level is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2023, 02:25 PM   #424
White Out 403
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enoch Root View Post
I don't like seeing the coach air their dirty laundry in public - I agree with Wheeler on that aspect. However, sitting at the game - from the opening puck drop - we were all discussing the complete lack of push-back or fight that the Jets were displaying. Pretty pathetic effort for an elimination game.
This core and this team has had this kind of coach shaming a long time coming. It's completely unacceptable how fragile they are. Hopefully this is a catalyst to big change that is desperately needed
White Out 403 is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to White Out 403 For This Useful Post:
Old 04-29-2023, 02:35 PM   #425
butterfly
First Line Centre

Exp:

What did Bowness say that was so wrong? Las Vegas was the better team in the regular season, the better team in this series, and the team didn't compete on their level?

Seems pretty accurate and didn't single anyone out. Wheeler's mad about that? At least Lowry certainly showed up in the playoffs.
butterfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2023, 03:03 PM   #426
tvp2003
Franchise Player

Exp:

Is Wheeler suggesting that Bowness didn't address it with the team, aka the top players? Because it sounds like he did and has been doing so since earlier this year and there was little in the way of results or people elevating their game in response.

If you don't like getting called out then play better, not a good look IMO.
tvp2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2023, 03:10 PM   #427
memphusk
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by tvp2003 View Post
Is Wheeler suggesting that Bowness didn't address it with the team, aka the top players? Because it sounds like he did and has been doing so since earlier this year and there was little in the way of results or people elevating their game in response.

If you don't like getting called out then play better, not a good look IMO.
Isn't Wheeler all about Wheeler also though?

Tags
2023 , jets , knights , playoffs