Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Fire on Ice: The Calgary Flames Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 07-10-2018, 06:12 PM   #1941
Oling_Roachinen
Franchise Player

Exp:

Pacioretty is underrated.

A down year on a terrible team where he clearly just wants out shouldn't negate how crazy good he is at scoring goals. Even after a down year he's still in the top 10 for most goals scored since 2013-2014. The guy was a consistent 35 goal scorer.

If the Flames could get him for 6M a year, while removing Brouwer, for a 1st? They're jumping on that without second thought. Of course Pacioretty isn't going to be signing a 6x6 contract to be traded here when he could get an 7x8 as a UFA with any type of bounce-back season.
Old 07-10-2018, 06:21 PM   #1942
Husky
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oling_Roachinen View Post
Pacioretty is underrated.

A down year on a terrible team where he clearly just wants out shouldn't negate how crazy good he is at scoring goals. Even after a down year he's still in the top 10 for most goals scored since 2013-2014. The guy was a consistent 35 goal scorer.

If the Flames could get him for 6M a year, while removing Brouwer, for a 1st? They're jumping on that without second thought. Of course Pacioretty isn't going to be signing a 6x6 contract to be traded here when he could get an 7x8 as a UFA with any type of bounce-back season.
He would be fighting amongst neal and gaudeau for top winger time. He isnt a 35 goal scorer on a wnd line with 2nd line pp minutes.
Old 07-10-2018, 06:56 PM   #1943
Heavy Jack
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Husky View Post
He would be fighting amongst neal and gaudeau for top winger time. He isnt a 35 goal scorer on a wnd line with 2nd line pp minutes.
This makes utterly no sense... Tkachuk before he got injured was on pace for 30 goals with largely 2nd line minutes and split time between 1st/2nd PP units. You forget just how deep this team is and what types of players Pacioretty would be playing with. Say that trade did go through, you’re telling me he wouldn’t have a good chance to score 30+ with these guys?

Gaudreau - Monahan - Neal
Pacioretty - Lindholm - Tkachuk
Bennett - Backlund - Ryan
Frolik - Jankowski - Czarnik
Lazar, Foo

PP1
Gaudreau - Monahan - Lindholm
Giordano - Ryan

PP2
Pacioretty - Backlund - Neal
Hanifin - Brodie

This team would be so deep if we added a guy like patches it’s not even funny but for me it would have to have a few conditions;

- Frolik needs to get dealt at some point to allow for bonus overages; Tkachuk and Bennett extensions
- Deal for Pacioretty doesn’t exceed 5 years, he’s 31 and can look at Neal as a comparable term and add .75 mill per — 6 x 6.5 39 mill deal
- Brouwer is a must and can not have retention; Stone is to make cap work and allow for internal growth (Andersson)
- If its a 1st and a 2nd combo to make it work then it means no additional prospects.

I could get behind this deal; Pacioretty is a legit sniper and would make us incredibly lethal through top 6 and allowing for even further balanced scoring in the bottom 6.
Old 07-10-2018, 08:44 PM   #1944
Textcritic
Acerbic Cyberbully

Exp:
Default 2018/2019 Trade Speculation and Rumors

Nm.

Quote:
Originally Posted by woob
"...harem warfare? like all your wives dressup and go paintballing?"
"The Lying Pen of Scribes" Ancient Manuscript Forgeries Project

Last edited by Textcritic; 07-10-2018 at 08:55 PM.
Old 07-10-2018, 08:46 PM   #1945
GoJetsGo
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Isn't Pacioretty a UFA after this coming season?

So we unload picks high value pics for one season of him... and then when we have to lock up Tkachuck long term we're faced with trying to fit Pacioretty in through his declining years he'll be looking to paid a premium for or have him walk for nothing while Montreal uses our first?

Mind bottling.
Old 07-10-2018, 08:46 PM   #1946
ForeverFlameFan
Franchise Player

Exp:

Don't need Patches. He's one season away from getting paid big money.

Would rather leave a spot open for Klimchuk, Foo, and Mangiapane to battle it out.
The Following User Says Thank You to ForeverFlameFan For This Useful Post:
Old 07-10-2018, 08:57 PM   #1947
Fire
Franchise Player

Exp:

I would be happy if Treliving never again trades a 1st rounder before the season starts. It makes every lost hurt that much more.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Fire For This Useful Post:
Old 07-10-2018, 10:17 PM   #1948
Husky
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heavy Jack View Post
This makes utterly no sense... Tkachuk before he got injured was on pace for 30 goals with largely 2nd line minutes and split time between 1st/2nd PP units. You forget just how deep this team is and what types of players Pacioretty would be playing with. Say that trade did go through, you’re telling me he wouldn’t have a good chance to score 30+ with these guys?

Gaudreau - Monahan - Neal
Pacioretty - Lindholm - Tkachuk
Bennett - Backlund - Ryan
Frolik - Jankowski - Czarnik
Lazar, Foo

PP1
Gaudreau - Monahan - Lindholm
Giordano - Ryan

PP2
Pacioretty - Backlund - Neal
Hanifin - Brodie

This team would be so deep if we added a guy like patches it’s not even funny but for me it would have to have a few conditions;

- Frolik needs to get dealt at some point to allow for bonus overages; Tkachuk and Bennett extensions
- Deal for Pacioretty doesn’t exceed 5 years, he’s 31 and can look at Neal as a comparable term and add .75 mill per — 6 x 6.5 39 mill deal
- Brouwer is a must and can not have retention; Stone is to make cap work and allow for internal growth (Andersson)
- If its a 1st and a 2nd combo to make it work then it means no additional prospects.

I could get behind this deal; Pacioretty is a legit sniper and would make us incredibly lethal through top 6 and allowing for even further balanced scoring in the bottom 6.
You use a sample size of 1 season. Its like me says oatxhes scored less then 20 goals last tear on the top line, so based on that small sample he isnt even a 20 goal scorer on a top line.
Old 07-10-2018, 10:30 PM   #1949
Poe969
Franchise Player

Exp:

I spent about 5 minutes figuring out what the hell is an oatxhes.

If we got him, his new nickname would be oats
Old 07-10-2018, 11:08 PM   #1950
Jay Random
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poe969 View Post
I spent about 5 minutes figuring out what the hell is an oatxhes.
Wasn't Oatxhes a minor Aztec god?
Old 07-10-2018, 11:10 PM   #1951
dino7c
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire View Post
I would be happy if Treliving never again trades a 1st rounder before the season starts. It makes every lost hurt that much more.
I kinda liked not having to cheer for losses though
Old 07-10-2018, 11:30 PM   #1952
GreenLantern2814
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Husky View Post
If this team has Pacioretty, he's the only guy playing RW. And then he's a 40 goal scorer.
Old 07-11-2018, 05:12 AM   #1953
jayswin
Celebrated Square Root Day

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoJetsGo View Post

So we unload picks high value pics for one season of him... and then when we have to lock up Tkachuck long term we're faced with trying to fit Pacioretty in through his declining years he'll be looking to paid a premium for or have him walk for nothing while Montreal uses our first?

Mind bottling.
Yep, it would be foolish to give up the assets required to bring him in. He either A) Won't sign here after the season or B) Does, for one final, long term pay day as an over 30 guy and we screw our cap structure for a declining asset.

Profit?
Old 07-11-2018, 07:41 AM   #1954
Royle9
First Line Centre

Exp:

Taken from Flames reddit, but looks to be legit in the sense that stopped following the Blackhawks and started following Flames on twitter at least.

https://twitter.com/BarstoolChief/st...29169085403137

TLDR: Anton Forsberg @antonforsbeerg may be coming to the flames?
Old 07-11-2018, 07:57 AM   #1955
Toonage
Taking a while to get to 5000

Exp:

He wasn't the accountant was he?

/s
Old 07-11-2018, 07:59 AM   #1956
Heavy Jack
Franchise Player

Exp:

Brouwer for Forsberg
The Following User Says Thank You to Heavy Jack For This Useful Post:
Old 07-11-2018, 08:24 AM   #1957
Scroopy Noopers
Pent-up

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Royle9 View Post
Taken from Flames reddit, but looks to be legit in the sense that stopped following the Blackhawks and started following Flames on twitter at least.

https://twitter.com/BarstoolChief/st...29169085403137

TLDR: Anton Forsberg @antonforsbeerg may be coming to the flames?
More like TLDR: he thinks it would be a fit but hasn’t heard anything.
Old 07-11-2018, 08:35 AM   #1958
Enoch Root
Franchise Player

Exp:

I think that if the Flames were to go for a final 'all in' trade, that the target would have to be better than Pacioretty. I would not be keen on yet another 1st rounder going out the door for a pending UFA that will be 30 this season.

I think it only makes sense to do a trade like that if you can get a guy that just completely sets the roster up. For me, a guy like Mark Stone would be someone I would be willing to really go all in on.

Consistent point producer, big, physical, excellent 200 foot game, and only one year older than Gaudreau. Plus, with the way things are going in Ottawa, the price might be more reachable right now. They simply cannot let him walk away as a free agent next year.
Old 07-11-2018, 08:41 AM   #1959
Oling_Roachinen
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoJetsGo View Post

So we unload picks high value pics for one season of him... ?

Mind bottling.
The original premise was getting an already signed Patches at 6x6...
Old 07-11-2018, 08:56 AM   #1960
Funkhouser
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

I'll take your crazy trade and one-up you...

To MTL:
2019 1st round pick
Mike Smith
Jankowski
Troy Brouwer
Michael Stone

To CGY:
Carey Price

I doubt this makes sense from a cap perspective, and may result in us needing to dump someone from our core...but we would have an elite goalie for the next 5-6 years
Closed Thread