Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum > Tech Talk
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-18-2010, 03:28 AM   #21
Flames0910
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
I am not that big of a halo fanboy (yes, I have the helmet, and will get the highest edition of reach)
sic
Flames0910 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2010, 09:12 AM   #22
kermitology
It's not easy being green!

Exp:

Beta ends tomorrow.
Old 05-18-2010, 09:25 AM   #23
chid
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

I've been playing like a fiend knowing it ends tomorrow. Gonna suck to go back to Halo 3 after this, I can't even recall the controls for Halo 3..
chid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2010, 05:08 PM   #24
3 Justin 3
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by chid View Post
I've been playing like a fiend knowing it ends tomorrow. Gonna suck to go back to Halo 3 after this, I can't even recall the controls for Halo 3..
I know, after I went 9-0 in my slayer matches, I went to Halo 3 and totally sucked. Never killed anyone and died 10 times in a row, then I left and went back to Reach.
3 Justin 3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2010, 05:17 PM   #25
kermitology
It's not easy being green!

Exp:

I keep getting throttled when it comes to using melee attacks. I forget which button it is when I go back and forth.
Old 05-19-2010, 12:34 PM   #26
IliketoPuck
Franchise Player

Exp:

Yea I was playing around the 1700 level in Arena slayer, too bad the Beta is ending it was pretty fun.

Tried Halo 3 last night and kept hitting X to sprint and throwing my degenerator all the freaking time instead. Halo 3 isn't as forgiving as the Beta that is for sure.

"I am actually more excited for the Oilers game tomorrow than the Flames game. I am praying for multiple jersey tosses. The Oilers are my new favourite team for all the wrong reasons. I hate them so much I love them."
IliketoPuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2010, 08:56 AM   #27
chid
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

They extended the beta one more day.. interesting.
chid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2010, 03:35 PM   #28
3 Justin 3
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Bumping my old thread. There was another one (should merge that one into this one) too.

Anyway, only 1 week and 2 days away. So excited! If anyone is interested in the Legendary edition I think most of the EB games stores are sold out of pre-orders. I was lucky and got mine in Deerfoot mall yesterday, I guess no one goes there.

Oh, and most stores already have their shipment(s) in, so someone might get lucky and break street date.

The Statue was too sexy to pass up and will go nicely with my Helmet I got.
Old 09-06-2010, 11:37 PM   #29
McG
Franchise Player

Exp:

this one seems to be the quietest halo launch; i attended launch parties for 2, 3 and odst...and yet this one seems quieter...
Old 09-07-2010, 01:18 AM   #30
3 Justin 3
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by McG View Post
this one seems to be the quietest halo launch; i attended launch parties for 2, 3 and odst...and yet this one seems quieter...
I went for the Halo 3 release at midnight in '07 and it was awesome.

Won't be going for Halo: Reach though as I pre-ordered from the EB Games in the Deerfoot Mall so I'll just go after school at pick it up around 2pm.

Getting excited!
Old 09-07-2010, 09:41 AM   #31
Meelapo
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Any word on what the single player portion of this game is like? I don't like multiplayer games but if the single player is like a six hour affair similar to Halo 3 I might wait to get the game.
Meelapo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010, 10:59 AM   #32
3 Justin 3
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

The campaign is supposed to be about 10 hours. Longer than the ODST campaign (which was 6-7), more like Halo 3 (which was 8-10 depending on difficulty).
Old 09-08-2010, 10:06 AM   #33
IliketoPuck
Franchise Player

Exp:

I rocked the Beta pretty hard, and really enjoyed it.

What skill level are you guys in Halo 3? I rarely get to play with people in Calgary that are up to par with me.
Old 09-11-2010, 09:18 AM   #34
hmmhmmcamo
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

hmmhmmcamo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2010, 09:28 AM   #35
Codes
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

I'm getting pretty excited. I pre-ordered it, and I have it shipping to work so I don't have to deal with busy stores to pick up my copy. My global skill level is only 34, but I mostly stick to the social games, because I like to avoid as much as possible to y MLG types.

I didn't want to play the Beta, because I really, really wanted to keep most of the game a complete surprise. Unfortunately, I saw a few things here, and there, but that has only increased my anticipation. It also means I'm behind the curve on my online Reach skills.

I saw a clip of Firefight last night, and that actually looked fun. I never tried it in ODST so it will be a new experience, and I think it could be a fun alternative to multiplayer when I inevitably become frustrated.

I'm also really excited to try out that Forge World. Forge in Halo 3 was fun, but I became impatient trying to set things up just right. They've made a lot of improvements to Forge so object maneuvering and placement is much easier.

In any case, Reach is coming out at the worst time. I have lab instructing duty this semester, as well as both of my classes for my MSc., along with my work.

*sigh*

Last edited by Codes; 09-11-2010 at 09:32 AM.
Codes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2010, 03:16 AM   #36
LockedOut
Franchise Player

Exp:

There is already a bunch of reviews up. Averaging 9+/10.
http://www.gamespot.com/xbox360/acti...3Bcritic-score

Gametrailers review:
http://www.gametrailers.com/video/re...o-reach/704383
LockedOut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2010, 02:41 PM   #37
NiklasSundblad
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Codes View Post
I'm getting pretty excited. I pre-ordered it, and I have it shipping to work so I don't have to deal with busy stores to pick up my copy. My global skill level is only 34, but I mostly stick to the social games, because I like to avoid as much as possible to y MLG types.

I didn't want to play the Beta, because I really, really wanted to keep most of the game a complete surprise. Unfortunately, I saw a few things here, and there, but that has only increased my anticipation. It also means I'm behind the curve on my online Reach skills.

I saw a clip of Firefight last night, and that actually looked fun. I never tried it in ODST so it will be a new experience, and I think it could be a fun alternative to multiplayer when I inevitably become frustrated.

*sigh*
Well, they created "The arena" playlist/league for the MLG types in Reach, which will be great for those of us who actually play games for fun. Also, Firefight is already the most fun I've ever had in a video game, the enhancements in Reach look awesome.
NiklasSundblad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2010, 09:30 PM   #38
Nage Waza
Offered up a bag of cans for a custom user title

Exp:

I am on the fence about this game...I was a halo player since it basically came out. Then Modern Warfare came along! Now I am having troubles getting into Halo, especially the online. I think I will wait a bit before considering this game.
Nage Waza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2010, 09:46 PM   #39
3 Justin 3
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

MW2 killed the Call of Duty franchise for me. The Halo: Reach beta brought be back to Halo and rekindled that love I have for the franchise. I got a call already that my pre-order is ready to pick up on Tuesday, , so excited now!
Old 09-13-2010, 12:09 AM   #40
IliketoPuck
Franchise Player

Exp:

I am one of the halo nerds that got a 47 in MLG, and 50's in most other playlists. I'm so pumped for the game to come out, but I just don't know how much time I will have to play it with real life knocking down my door at the moment.