Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum > Food and Entertainment
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-08-2024, 12:40 PM   #7881
dammage79
Franchise Player

Exp:

Which Shark movie scared me the most? It was a 90s movie that told the story of the U.S.S Indianapolis. That's the scariest shark movie. Maybe not the movie because it wasn't great but the real life story of that event? Nightmare fuel.

Fictional shark movie? Jaws, hands down.

Newest one that was great? The Blake Lively one. That was good.
Old 01-08-2024, 01:27 PM   #7882
#-3
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

I watched Triangle of Sadness last night, the second half is a lot better than the first half. It's not really going where you expect, and an ambiguous ending. I think if you can get through the slower starts it's a really interesting watch.
#-3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2024, 10:56 PM   #7883
Brendone
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Watched “The Good Nurse” and was pretty interesting. Did some reading after, and between Charlie Cullen, Dr.Death, etc, WTF American (and possibly Canadian?) Hospitals!? How they get away with all the obstruction and cover ups is unreal.
Brendone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2024, 11:45 PM   #7884
nwflamesfan
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by dammage79 View Post
Which Shark movie scared me the most? It was a 90s movie that told the story of the U.S.S Indianapolis. That's the scariest shark movie. Maybe not the movie because it wasn't great but the real life story of that event? Nightmare fuel.

Fictional shark movie? Jaws, hands down.

Newest one that was great? The Blake Lively one. That was good.

Quality is pretty rough but it's complete with commercials.

nwflamesfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2024, 12:41 AM   #7885
Coach
Franchise Player

Exp:

Yeah the real story of the Indianapolis is a legitimate horror tale. Terrifying to think what they went through.
Old 01-09-2024, 01:02 AM   #7886
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coach View Post
Yeah the real story of the Indianapolis is a legitimate horror tale. Terrifying to think what they went through.
Well it wasnt a pleasure cruise and I'd have asked for my money back!

This Post Has Been Distilled for the Eradication of Seemingly Incurable Sadness.

If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a Fire Exit. - Mitch Hedberg
Locke is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2024, 05:19 AM   #7887
jg13
Franchise Player

Exp:

Watched "Society of the Snow" on Netflix (brand new this past week). It's a survival thriller that takes place in the Andes.

I thought it was really well done, but there are some difficult parts to watch. It's a little bit on the longer side and the whole thing is in Spanish but if those things don't bother you I 100% recommend a watch.

4/5 for me.
jg13 is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jg13 For This Useful Post:
Old 01-09-2024, 08:49 AM   #7888
WhiteTiger
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jg13 View Post
Watched "Society of the Snow" on Netflix (brand new this past week). It's a survival thriller that takes place in the Andes.

I thought it was really well done, but there are some difficult parts to watch. It's a little bit on the longer side and the whole thing is in Spanish but if those things don't bother you I 100% recommend a watch.

4/5 for me.
If you liked that, you may also like "Alive" which is based off the same real story. "Alive" is also in English
WhiteTiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2024, 09:21 AM   #7889
Sliver
evil of fart

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nadal Fan View Post
90s had some great stuff for Teen movies....

The Craft
Can't Hardly Wait
Empire Records
She's All That
Cruel Intentions
Jawbreaker

But it's definitely most know as the teen horror decade with so many amazing teen horror films
Have we mentioned Dazed and Confused, yet? That was a great movie.

Shout out to my buddy whose mom got a call from Blockbuster when he returned Dazed and Confused in the Half Baked box.
Sliver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2024, 09:25 AM   #7890
Johnny Makarov
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteTiger View Post
If you liked that, you may also like "Alive" which is based off the same real story. "Alive" is also in English
Everyone should watch both while eating "beef" stew.. lol

Man.. Alive. I rented the laserdiscs from Video and Sound at like 1am and watched it till 4am. It was the most depressing thing ever!
Old 01-09-2024, 09:32 AM   #7891
Fuzz
Franchise Player

Exp:

That was the story that confirmed to me that that nope, there really is no god.
Fuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2024, 09:35 AM   #7892
Puppet Guy
Franchise Player

Exp:

The Citizen Kane of pimp movies. Starring Roscoe Orman, who's better known as Gordon from Sesame Street:

- Surferguy
Puppet Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2024, 10:25 PM   #7893
Nadal Fan
Franchise Player

Exp:

Watched for the first time the 70s classic The Warriors. The basic story is all the gangs of New York attend a rally where someone is trying to get the gangs to set aside their differences and all join forces and make one giant gang. He gets shot and they blame it on the Warriors, and now they have to make it back to Coney Island before any other rival gang kills them. The look of some of the gangs are fantastic, there is a baseball gang, an overall gang, a shiny purple vest gang, a gang from the movie Grease. This is a fantastic film and a ton of fun, would love to see this in a crowded theatre.
Nadal Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Nadal Fan For This Useful Post:
Old 01-09-2024, 11:01 PM   #7894
CaptainYooh
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Watched for the first time the 70s classic The Warriors. The basic story is all the gangs of New York attend a rally where someone is trying to get the gangs to set aside their differences and all join forces and make one giant gang. He gets shot and they blame it on the Warriors, and now they have to make it back to Coney Island before any other rival gang kills them. The look of some of the gangs are fantastic, there is a baseball gang, an overall gang, a shiny purple vest gang, a gang from the movie Grease. This is a fantastic film and a ton of fun, would love to see this in a crowded theatre.
This was the first movie I ever watched on a VCR player. Not sure I’d call it fantastic, but it was fun to watch then. Felt really cheesy when I bumped into it recently while flipping channels… But hey, I still have a leather vest with Warriors embroidered at the back of it.
Old 01-09-2024, 11:40 PM   #7895
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
So...what you're saying is that you're now prepared to come out to play?

This Post Has Been Distilled for the Eradication of Seemingly Incurable Sadness.

If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a Fire Exit. - Mitch Hedberg
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Locke For This Useful Post:
Old 01-10-2024, 12:07 AM   #7896
habernac
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
It was banned from the theatres shortly after release due to violence. Kind of cheesy, but it’s a guilty pleasure for me.
habernac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2024, 12:10 AM   #7897
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by habernac View Post
It was banned from the theatres shortly after release due to violence. Kind of cheesy, but it’s a guilty pleasure for me.
What? I never heard of that! I've got to re-watch this apparently.

Old 01-10-2024, 10:11 AM   #7898
habernac
Franchise Player

Exp:

Not due to the violence in the movie. Gang violence at the theatres.
habernac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2024, 10:27 AM   #7899
keratosis
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
One of my favorite movies. Probably watched it a dozen times over the years.
keratosis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2024, 10:33 AM   #7900
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by habernac View Post
Not due to the violence in the movie. Gang violence at the theatres.
Oh. I never heard of that...then again it was released before I was born and pre-internet.

How was it banned? Was it over the 'wireless stereo?'

Did they send a notice to the Prussian Ambassador via the Auto-Gyro?