Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Fire on Ice: The Calgary Flames Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-05-2024, 04:07 PM   #2541
traptor
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Markstrom + Andersson for Marner is fair value.

Is it the right fit for either team is a different question.

For the flames I would say no.

If we're going to trade those two guys we're better off going for furures.
traptor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2024, 05:17 PM   #2542
Samonadreau
Franchise Player

Exp:

Why would the Flames trade for 1 year of Marner.
Samonadreau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2024, 05:20 PM   #2543
dissentowner
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by traptor View Post
Markstrom + Andersson for Marner is fair value.

Is it the right fit for either team is a different question.

For the flames I would say no.

If we're going to trade those two guys we're better off going for furures.
No it isn't. That is an overpayment on our end. Andersson had an off year playing a new system with a new head coach and a lot of change. He is still a top pairing D man. We would lose that trade.
dissentowner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2024, 05:24 PM   #2544
Aarongavey
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny01 View Post
Who is getting hosed in this deal? Interested is anyone thinks this value is somewhat close.

To Toronto: Andersson+Markstrom
To Anaheim: Marner+9th overall pick
To Calgary: Zegras+3rd overall pick.

Toronto adds a starting goalie and partner for Reilly signed super cheap. If they can add Stamkos in free agency they would be nicely retooled.

The Ducks try to pull themselves out of a rebuild by adding a legit star and trade back a few spots in the top 10. They move on for Zegras which has been rumored and it would be an understanding a long term extension is coming with Marner.

The Flames get aggressive to move up in the draft and take a shot on Zegras. Honestly I am not a huge fan of his but I was trying to find a realistic third trade partner because I don’t really want Marner on the flames. Perhaps Zegras is someone who work with Huberdeau? I do think Andersson and Markstrom are perfect fits for the Leafs. I think Marner would waive for Anaheim and the Leafs would want to send him west. I also could see Anaheim doing something to signal they are trying to get competitive.
There is one other problem with this trade, Marner is the polar opposite of the type of player I could see Verbeek wanting to have on his team. I could see him liking Reinhart though.
Aarongavey is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2024, 05:33 PM   #2545
FlamesAddiction
Franchise Player

Exp:

The only reason to acquire Zegras would be to buy low and hopefully rebuild his value to trade again before that qualifying offer has to be made in 2026. As of right now, there is a good chance that he won't be worth the qualifying offer and if he is, he could just accept it and walk as free agent the following year at age 26. He isn't the player I would want to gamble on.
Old 05-05-2024, 05:44 PM   #2546
The Cobra
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samonadreau View Post
Why would the Flames trade for 1 year of Marner.
They wouldn’t but no matter, he’s unlikely to waive.
The Cobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2024, 06:53 PM   #2547
activeStick
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by dissentowner View Post
From what I understand it was simply a translation issue. I have heard Sharangovich is very thankful for the opportunity the Flames have given him and is very open to an extension here.
This is awesome and good to hear that people close to/in the organization are confirming that he is open to extending and it was simply a language issue. Thanks for sharing!
activeStick is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to activeStick For This Useful Post:
Old 05-05-2024, 07:04 PM   #2548
Aarongavey
Franchise Player

Exp:

I would say as far as the Flames go, unless something changes for Conroy, he seems to be trying to find value guys, guys that may be buried in the lineup that he can pick up on the cheap. Did it with Yegor, did it with Kuzmenko and to a much lesser extent did it with Miromanov. I don’t know if he wants to go and spend a huge amount of assets on a more proven guy, he seems to be a buy low type of GM early on.

If the pro scouts think there is anything there I could see him trying to get Kotkaniemi on the cheap for maybe a 2nd and a 3rd or something. I would think a player like that would be more likely than a Zegras or a player that would require significant assets going out. Same draft year as Hayton but has played more NHL games and like Hayton has had one decent year in the league. Carolina has about 8 guys that are more important to sign than Kotkaniemi.

I personally would not mind it, they have the cap space for the next couple years and if he does not work out his 4.8 million in a 100 million + dollar cap world is like 3.5-4 million this year. If he even turns into a 40-50 point guy it is a good contract.

Last edited by Aarongavey; 05-05-2024 at 07:09 PM.
Aarongavey is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
devils suck , e=ng , edmonton is no good , nj is no good