Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum > Tech Talk
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-15-2018, 10:43 AM   #441
bax
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Has anyone found any good Black Friday deals yet? Hoping to pick up Odyssey on the cheap for after I finish Red Dead
bax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2018, 02:58 PM   #442
TheIronMaiden
Franchise Player

Exp:

Yikes Fallout 76 is getting roasted on Metacritic.

https://www.metacritic.com/game/pc/fallout-76

Too Bad. I was looking forward to this game and hoping that it would be similar to ESO, which in my opinion is a lot of fun.
TheIronMaiden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2018, 03:16 PM   #443
Yamer
Franchise Player

Exp:

Not sure if mentioned, but a PS4/Spiderman bundle will be on sale for Black Friday. It's a manufacturer's deal so it should be available across the board.

Not a PS4 Pro, but it's a great opportunity for a guy like myself to get a PS.

"I see as much misery out of them moving to justify theirselves as them that set out to do harm."
-Dr. Amos "Doc" Cochran
Yamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2018, 03:17 PM   #444
SuperMatt18
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheIronMaiden View Post
Yikes Fallout 76 is getting roasted on Metacritic.

https://www.metacritic.com/game/pc/fallout-76

Too Bad. I was looking forward to this game and hoping that it would be similar to ESO, which in my opinion is a lot of fun.
I’d be careful with the user scores on that one so far.

Feel like Lots of people just unhappy with the direction they took will be falsely tanking the rating.

With that in mind though it does seem like it has a lot of real issues: https://www.destructoid.com/review-i...6-531390.phtml

Last edited by SuperMatt18; 11-15-2018 at 03:20 PM.
SuperMatt18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2018, 03:27 PM   #445
rubecube
Franchise Player

Exp:

Am I the only one who finds the Fallout series kind of clunky and boring? I've been playing Fallout 3 on PS Now and, while I get that it's 10 years old, it's just kind of a meh game to me.

Last edited by rubecube; 11-15-2018 at 03:39 PM.
rubecube is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2018, 04:17 PM   #446
btimbit
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubecube View Post
Am I the only one who finds the Fallout series kind of clunky and boring? I've been playing Fallout 3 on PS Now and, while I get that it's 10 years old, it's just kind of a meh game to me.
Yeah I'm not much of a fan either. The first two were a lot of fun.

Give Wasteland 2 a try. It's made by the same guy that created the first two and carries on in the same manner.
btimbit is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to btimbit For This Useful Post:
Old 11-16-2018, 07:17 AM   #447
Resolute 14
In the Sin Bin

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperMatt18 View Post
I’d be careful with the user scores on that one so far.

Feel like Lots of people just unhappy with the direction they took will be falsely tanking the rating.

With that in mind though it does seem like it has a lot of real issues: https://www.destructoid.com/review-i...6-531390.phtml
When you look at the four expert reviews on Metacritic, three basically say "alright for what it is", while the Jimquisition just roasts the hell out of it.
Resolute 14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2018, 08:45 AM   #448
CorsiHockeyLeague
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubecube View Post
This isn't a surprise. Bethesda kind of sucks at video games generally and they did an awful job on this series. Completely neutered it of everything that made it great. The fact that they continue to hold the rights to a beloved series is one of my biggest video game gear grinders.
Quote:
Originally Posted by btimbit View Post
Yeah I'm not much of a fan either. The first two were a lot of fun. Give Wasteland 2 a try. It's made by the same guy that created the first two and carries on in the same manner.
Yup. Fallout was the sequel to Wasteland, and Wasteland picked the mantle back up.
"The great promise of the Internet was that more information would automatically yield better decisions. The great disappointment is that more information actually yields more possibilities to confirm what you already believed anyway." - Brian Eno
CorsiHockeyLeague is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2018, 10:46 AM   #449
Rhettzky
Franchise Player

Exp:

I love the Bethesda Fallout series but this game is practically unplayable, on PS4 anyway. Its constantly booting me out of servers at least every fifteen minutes. You clear an area out of enemies and before you can loot anything it boots you out. If you're on the fence don't even bother with this one.

Last edited by Rhettzky; 11-16-2018 at 11:47 AM.
Rhettzky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2018, 02:26 PM   #450
Erick Estrada
Franchise Player

Exp:

I really enjoyed Fallout 3 & 4. Not sure where all this negative talk is coming from. I'm not going to even play Fallout 76 but that's because I don't play online games and selfishly I'm happy its not doing well as I would like them to get back to focusing on single player games.
Erick Estrada is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Erick Estrada For This Useful Post:
Old 11-16-2018, 02:55 PM   #451
ResAlien
Lifetime In Suspension

Exp:

The most recent AC Odyssey update is pretty solid. Moved the level cap up by 20, if you were capped when you log in you’ll get ability points for the levels you would have gained, and it keeps adding decent new content to go along with the tonnes of side missions I still have to do. The carrot of leveling up is nice even if the ability points are rather useless. At this pace between leveling up and tombs I’m going to have maxed out every skill in every tree and don’t use 2/3 of them.
ResAlien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2018, 04:18 PM   #452
getbak
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by bax View Post
Has anyone found any good Black Friday deals yet? Hoping to pick up Odyssey on the cheap for after I finish Red Dead
On Wednesday, I was on Amazon checking to see when their Black Friday was starting and happened to see Odyssey for $61. With the $10 credit they gave me for being late with my RDR order, I paid just over $50.

I went back to check a couple hours later and it was up to $70 and then yesterday morning it was regular price again.

Sorry that both answers your question and is ultimately unhelpful for you. It might be a good indication that Amazon will have it marked down for Black Friday though.
bax
Old 11-17-2018, 09:46 PM   #453
Max Cow Disease
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Battlefield V is fantastic. I’m a longtime BF player since the days of 1942, and this is probably my favourite effort from Dice yet. I’m stoked about the return to WW2 and the tweaks to the mechanics of the series are solid; just enough to make things fresh and change up the pacing. The new content model (with stuff basically flowing for free) is promising, and the game should only get better and better as they flesh it out with more content with this “Tides of War” theme they’re going for.

They did an admirable job taking fan feedback coming out of the initial reveal, alphas, and beta, and the results of that are pretty cool to see. They’ve also managed to yet again outdo themselves in the immersion/audio design department. Marvelous stuff.
Old 11-17-2018, 11:59 PM   #454
Ashasx
Franchise Player

Exp:

nm
Ashasx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2018, 11:32 AM   #455
Fire
Franchise Player

Exp:

Some good Black Friday deals for God Of War and Detroit Become Human. Right now you can get them for $27.99 each on PSN or you can wait until Best Buy deal on Nov. 23rd and pay $30 each for a physical copy.

Fire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2018, 07:07 PM   #456
getbak
Franchise Player

Exp:

AC:Odyssey on Best Buy Black Friday for $50.
bax
Old 11-18-2018, 07:51 PM   #457
IGGYFORMVP
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Odyssey is on sale on uplay today for $53. Crew 2 on for $32 which is freaking awesome price for a great game.
IGGYFORMVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2018, 12:36 AM   #458
bax
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by getbak View Post
AC:Odyssey on Best Buy Black Friday for $50.

Also now on the PSN store for $53. I’m excited to give it a go, but I think I’ll hold off until I’m done with Red Dead. That could be a while though. Seems like every play session I only chip away a percent or two at a time.
bax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2018, 09:48 AM   #459
Sainters7
Franchise Player

Exp:

^ That's exactly how I feel playing Odyssey haha...I'm clocked in at around 80 game hours and I'm not even halfway through the main story yet.. Both that and RDR2 are massive games
Sainters7 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Sainters7 For This Useful Post:
bax
Old 11-19-2018, 10:28 AM   #460
Meelapo
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Folks, AC: Odyssey is $39.96 at Walmart. It's advertised in their flyer.

http://forums.redflagdeals.com/walma...riday-2239489/
Meelapo is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Meelapo For This Useful Post: