Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Fire on Ice: The Calgary Flames Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 10-28-2017, 11:20 AM   #1
calgaryblood
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:
Default Treliving needs to start feeling the heat

He has made some good moves but has made it quite clear we are in win now mode and has failed miserably IMO.

Waiving Byron to start when he was a great energy guy and a great PKer whose motor didn't quit.

Signing Grossman after he had an awful pre season.

Signing Glass when a much better player in Hathaway was on the team already.

Brouwer signing.

I like Hamonic and think he has fit in well but he paid a really heavy price to get him. Don't see a huge difference between Hamonic and Engelland. Three quality draft picks is nothing to sneeze at.

Keeping Stajan in the NHL. He's a great guy and teammate and great in the community but should be either sitting out 90% of the games or should have been put on waivers and bought out.

I'm sure many more questionable moves are slipping my mind as well but imo he has made more bad moves than good and is extremely overrated in the same way Feaster was early on.
The Following User Says Thank You to calgaryblood For This Useful Post:
Old 10-28-2017, 11:23 AM   #2
savardandjokinen
son of looooob

Exp:

Here we go again, the impatience is crazy. While we could be much, much better, the season is young and there are 12 teams below us as well. Give it some time
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to savardandjokinen For This Useful Post:
Old 10-28-2017, 11:25 AM   #3
SportsJunky
Uncle Chester

Exp:

This is embarrassing. Deep breaths everyone! Or are we supposed to completely clean house now?
The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to SportsJunky For This Useful Post:
Old 10-28-2017, 11:27 AM   #4
H2SO4(aq)
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by calgaryblood View Post
He has made some good moves but has made it quite clear we are in win now mode and has failed miserably IMO.

Waiving Byron to start when he was a great energy guy and a great PKer whose motor didn't quit.

Brouwer signing.

I like Hamonic and think he has fit in well but he paid a really heavy price to get him. Don't see a huge difference between Hamonic and Engelland. Three quality draft picks is nothing to sneeze at.

Keeping Stajan in the NHL. He's a great guy and teammate and great in the community but should be either sitting out 90% of the games or should have been put on waivers and bought out.

I'm sure many more questionable moves are slipping my mind as well but imo he has made more bad moves than good and is extremely overrated in the same way Feaster was early on.
R-e-l-a-x.

Hes not perfect but by and large has done a good job putting the flames in a place to be contenders.

And some of your rhetoric is ridiculous. Glass has been good, hathaway chose not to win that job in camp, thats not on brad. Grossman, hes gone who cares? Brouwer, yep bad in retrospect but its hard to predict he'd be such a bad fit and things have snowballed, most people thought it was one of few reasonable FA signings at the time. Stajan, yah he'll be gone soon enough but who is beating down the door to take his spot?
Old 10-28-2017, 11:29 AM   #5
Cecil Terwilliger
That Crazy Guy at the Bus Stop

Exp:

Looking at our division, we are actually in a pretty good situation.

Kings, Knights and Canucks ahead of us. Unlikely any of the 3 continue their pace and both Vegas and Vancouver are quite likely to drop off significantly.

Our real competition, SJ, Anaheim and Edmonton, are all below us (mind you with games in hand but even if they win those we'll still be no more than a point off).

This slow start isn't likely to have much of an effect.

It is also possible that this is just what parity looks like. With the exception of Arizona, I think everyone in the West should be reasonably competitive this year.
The Following User Says Thank You to Cecil Terwilliger For This Useful Post:
Old 10-28-2017, 11:30 AM   #6
TheScorpion
First round-bust

Exp:

Firing Treliving when so many of his moves have yet to be fully completed or realized would just be utter madness.

Old 10-28-2017, 11:34 AM   #7
GranteedEV
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheScorpion View Post
Firing Treliving when so many of his moves have yet to be fully completed or realized would just be utter madness.
Touché.

Let's wait until after the New York Islanders, with the 2nd Overall Pick of the 2018 NHL Draft, select Andrei Svechnikov.

"May those who accept their fate find happiness. May those who defy it find glory."

Last edited by GranteedEV; 10-28-2017 at 11:45 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to GranteedEV For This Useful Post:
Old 10-28-2017, 11:35 AM   #8
undercoverbrother
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:

Brouwer signing.

Paging This Post Is Terrible

Corporal Jean-Marc H. BECHARD, 6 Aug 1993

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sliver View Post
Just ignore me...I'm in a mood today.
Old 10-28-2017, 11:36 AM   #9
Enoch Root
Franchise Player

Exp:

Ridiculous.

Treliving has done a fantastic job. Your rants and over-reactions are an embarassment.

It is crap like this that people are talking about when they say that Canadian fans can't have nice things.
The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to Enoch Root For This Useful Post:
Old 10-28-2017, 11:36 AM   #10
zamler
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cecil Terwilliger View Post
Looking at our division, we are actually in a pretty good situation.

Kings, Knights and Canucks ahead of us.
Old 10-28-2017, 11:37 AM   #11
Enoch Root
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GranteedEV View Post
Touche.

Let's wait until after the New York Islanders, with the 2nd Overall Pick of the 2018 NHL Draft, Select Evgeny Svechnikov.
Over-react and hyperbole much?
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Enoch Root For This Useful Post:
Old 10-28-2017, 11:40 AM   #12
calgaryblood
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by savardandjokinen View Post
Here we go again, the impatience is crazy. While we could be much, much better, the season is young and there are 12 teams below us as well. Give it some time
I don't recall talking about how the season is going. It's about Treliving and his questionable moves. He's made plenty and I think he has escaped a lot of the heat and the main scapegoat has been Gulutzan.

Treliving is very over rated by Flame fans. He seems to have an idea about this team with a bottom 6 filled with has - beens and players no other team wants and that will magically start clicking.

And a 2nd for Lazar almost forgot about that one. Trading away our good draft picks for 4/5th d men and a guy who couldn't make the Sens and was healthy scratched most nights.

If that's acceptable to you then fine, I just happen to think he has been extremely average and is looked at as the best GM the Flames have ever had.

Remember when Feaster "did what he wanted"? Flame fans have a history of over rating the current GM.
Old 10-28-2017, 11:41 AM   #13
savardandjokinen
son of looooob

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GranteedEV View Post
Touche.

Let's wait until after the New York Islanders, with the 2nd Overall Pick of the 2018 NHL Draft, Select Evgeny Svechnikov.
Andrei
The Following User Says Thank You to savardandjokinen For This Useful Post:
Old 10-28-2017, 11:42 AM   #14
calgaryblood
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by undercoverbrother View Post
Paging This Post Is Terrible
Either reply or get lost.

Tell me what in my post you disagree with.
Old 10-28-2017, 11:43 AM   #15
savardandjokinen
son of looooob

Exp:

Quote:
I don't recall talking about how the season is going. It's about Treliving and his questionable moves. He's made plenty and I think he has escaped a lot of the heat and the main scapegoat has been Gulutzan.

Treliving is very over rated by Flame fans. He seems to have an idea about this team with a bottom 6 filled with has - beens and players no other team wants and that will magically start clicking.

And a 2nd for Lazar almost forgot about that one. Trading away our good draft picks for 4/5th d men and a guy who couldn't make the Sens and was healthy scratched most nights.

If that's acceptable to you then fine, I just happen to think he has been extremely average and is looked at as the best GM the Flames have ever had.

Remember when Feaster "did what he wanted"? Flame fans have a history of over rating the current GM.
I was talking in general terms. Whether it be Gully, Bennett, Bartkowski, Brouwer, Stajan, whoever, everyone needs to calm down.
Old 10-28-2017, 11:43 AM   #16
calgaryblood
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enoch Root View Post
Ridiculous.

Treliving has done a fantastic job. Your rants and over-reactions are an embarassment.

It is crap like this that people are talking about when they say that Canadian fans can't have nice things.

Ok, start off with the top 5 things that you think Treliving has done as GM.

If you're so passionate about him doing a fantastic job, this should be easy.
Old 10-28-2017, 11:45 AM   #17
Super-Rye
First Line Centre

Exp:

Can we see what moves he makes as the season goes on and how the team responds to those move before we start campaigning to fire the guy?

It's still really early in the season and a lot of teams are still finding their way. Who cares if the Flames aren't playing their best hockey at this very moment. It's only October and they're in the thick of things.

What matters is come April this team is in a playoff spot and playing their best hockey.
Old 10-28-2017, 11:46 AM   #18
Roof-Daddy
Franchise Player

Exp:

Now we just need a thread relating to how terrible Dougie is and the trifecta of stupid over reactionary threads will be complete.
The Following 19 Users Say Thank You to Roof-Daddy For This Useful Post:
Old 10-28-2017, 11:48 AM   #19
calgaryblood
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super-Rye View Post
Can we see what moves he makes as the season goes on and how the team responds to those move before we start campaigning to fire the guy?

It's still really early in the season and a lot of teams are still finding their way. Who cares if the Flames aren't playing their best hockey at this very moment. It's only October and they're in the thick of things.

What matters is come April this team is in a playoff spot and playing their best hockey.

Nobody is campaigning to fire him. It would be nice if some could criticize his moves instead of putting all the blame on Gulutzan.

All I am saying is he's been an average GM and made some bad moves. He should start feeling the heat instead of being looked at as a saviour to the organization.
Old 10-28-2017, 11:49 AM   #20
undercoverbrother
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Either reply or get lost.

Tell me what in my post you disagree with.
I disagree with everything and the approach.

In my experience making knee jerk decisions out of fear and a small sample size of results is foolishness.

Good companies/organizations looks at the operational process first prior to hitting the panic button.

So yeah, I think your post is terrible.

Corporal Jean-Marc H. BECHARD, 6 Aug 1993

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sliver View Post
Just ignore me...I'm in a mood today.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to undercoverbrother For This Useful Post:
Closed Thread