Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-06-2018, 12:48 PM   #81
Scroopy Noopers
Pent-up

Exp:

I have honestly never heard or read this name in my life. No idea who this is. Surprised to see this thread started in 2011.
Scroopy Noopers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2018, 12:53 PM   #82
TorqueDog
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matata View Post
Does she actually think all non-white people are muslims? Or does she consider white people incapable of becoming muslims? Does she think non-whites will all eventually become muslims?
She's a walking contradiction of that very opinion if she does.

I like her use of the word 'disgusting'. I'd like to ask her what she thinks of a guy in his 50s marrying a six-year-old and consummating said marriage when she was 9. Just curious where that falls on the disgusting scale for her, y'know, where between "morally reprehensible" and "let's revere him as a prophet" exactly.
TorqueDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2018, 01:00 PM   #83
CroFlames
Franchise Player

Exp:

Kuffar is the word she was looking for.

Quote:
Also spelled 'kafir' or 'kaffir', Kuffar is a highly derogatory Arabic term used to refer to non-Muslims
CroFlames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2018, 01:25 PM   #84
Bagor
Franchise Player

Exp:

?
Kaffir is a racist South African word for blacks.

Pretty much the K word.

Bagor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2018, 01:28 PM   #85
Fuzz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bagor View Post
?
Kaffir is a racist South African word for blacks.

Pretty much the K word.
So this forum should have a K&N filter then?
Fuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Fuzz For This Useful Post:
Old 11-06-2018, 01:29 PM   #86
Sliver
evil of fart

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scroopy Noopers View Post
I have honestly never heard or read this name in my life. No idea who this is. Surprised to see this thread started in 2011.
Never heard of Sinead O'Connor? You must be a youngin'. She had the hittiest of hits in the 90s with this song. Still holds up, too. Prince wrote it.

Sliver is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Sliver For This Useful Post:
Old 11-06-2018, 01:55 PM   #87
ernie
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TorqueDog View Post
She's a walking contradiction of that very opinion if she does.

I like her use of the word 'disgusting'. I'd like to ask her what she thinks of a guy in his 50s marrying a six-year-old and consummating said marriage when she was 9. Just curious where that falls on the disgusting scale for her, y'know, where between "morally reprehensible" and "let's revere him as a prophet" exactly.
I'm no expert in Islam but from what I understand the story of Aisha and her age is part of the hadith and not the Qu'ran. The latter is considered the word of god while the former stories passed down without the same rigor in methodology. Her age at time of betrothment and consummation of the marriage are simply not known and remains a debate today. What is known is that throughout the area and throughout Europe adulthood was not based on age but on puberty (most didn't know their age).
ernie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2018, 02:02 PM   #88
Oling_Roachinen
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scroopy Noopers View Post
She was quite the singer in the late 80s and early 90s. Collaborating with Prince, Peter Gabriel, Bono, etc. and being nominated for many grammys.

In 1992 she was asked to appear as a musical guest for Saturday Night Live. She took the opportunity to renounce the rampant child sexual abuse going on in the Catholic Church by tearing up a photo of the pope.

She was hailed a hero for bringing to light the controversy and trying to protect the children and sexual abuse victims. This sky rocketed her fame as not only was she now a great singer but an obvious incredible person.

Nah, just kidding. Instead pretty much the world turned their back on her, applauding when other celebrities would say how they would beat her. Her fame depleted, and mental problems began to surface. All because she wanted the world to know that the Catholic Church had a bunch of kiddie-diddlers.
Oling_Roachinen is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Oling_Roachinen For This Useful Post:
Old 11-06-2018, 02:18 PM   #89
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matata View Post
Does she actually think all non-white people are muslims? Or does she consider white people incapable of becoming muslims? Does she think non-whites will all eventually become muslims?

At least not in reference to Sinead, Shahuda, Sha...whatever she Sha-calls herself these days.

This Post Has Been Distilled for the Eradication of Seemingly Incurable Sadness.

If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a Fire Exit. - Mitch Hedberg
Locke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2018, 04:01 PM   #90
TorqueDog
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ernie View Post
I'm no expert in Islam but from what I understand the story of Aisha and her age is part of the hadith and not the Qu'ran. The latter is considered the word of god while the former stories passed down without the same rigor in methodology. Her age at time of betrothment and consummation of the marriage are simply not known and remains a debate today. What is known is that throughout the area and throughout Europe adulthood was not based on age but on puberty (most didn't know their age).
Moot point. The hadith is still considered incredibly important in Islam. It's literally a collection of stories of the life of the Prophet Mohammad; akin to what the Bible is in Christianity. The hadith both supplies guidance on issues not covered in the Qu'ran, and is regarded as a valuable tool for understanding the Qu'ran.

Suggesting a lack of 'rigor' (lol) implies that the hadiths are somehow less important for it in Islam, and that is simply not the case.
TorqueDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2018, 08:07 PM   #91
ernie
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TorqueDog View Post
Moot point. The hadith is still considered incredibly important in Islam. It's literally a collection of stories of the life of the Prophet Mohammad; akin to what the Bible is in Christianity. The hadith both supplies guidance on issues not covered in the Qu'ran, and is regarded as a valuable tool for understanding the Qu'ran.

Suggesting a lack of 'rigor' (lol) implies that the hadiths are somehow less important for it in Islam, and that is simply not the case.
It’s not moot at all but there is literally no point even discussing it. That is clear.
ernie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2018, 09:08 AM   #92
Hanna Sniper
Franchise Player

Exp:

Tags
personal ad