Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-28-2011, 01:10 PM   #21
Mike F
Franchise Player

Exp:

I thought she was gay?
Mike F is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Mike F For This Useful Post:
Old 08-28-2011, 01:11 PM   #22
Hack&Lube
Atomic Nerd

Exp:

I like her neck. Very nice wear.
Hack&Lube is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2011, 12:12 AM   #23
Mike F
Franchise Player

Exp:

Looks like things took a really bad turn after her sex post, with lots of twitter messages about suicide.

Story
Mike F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2011, 01:41 AM   #24
Daradon
Has lived the dream!

Exp:

Wow, if that isn't a cry for help I don't know what is. Though it sounds like she is already getting help. Not sure where she goes from here.

As an aside, wow does she look different than I remember.
Daradon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2011, 02:44 AM   #25
Barnet Flame
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bent Wookie View Post
Do not click that link.
That is like telling someone not to push that button.

OMFG!

My eyes are bleeding.
Barnet Flame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2011, 02:51 AM   #26
Barnet Flame
Franchise Player

Exp:

Those tweets are sad.

Hope she works through her issues.
Barnet Flame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2011, 08:11 AM   #27
Yasa
First Line Centre

Exp:

I'm waiting for the younger posters to say "Who?"
Yasa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2011, 08:20 AM   #28
ricosuave
Threadkiller

Exp:

"yes I ‘do anal’ and in fact I would be deeply unhappy if ‘doing anal’ wasn’t on the menu, amongst everything else. So if u don’t like ‘the difficult brown’.. Don’t apply…"
Old 09-18-2011, 08:29 AM   #29
4X4
One of the Nine

Exp:

Wud?
Cud?
Ur?

She should kill herself.
4X4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2011, 10:36 AM   #30
Ark2
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4X4 View Post
Wud?
Cud?
Ur?

She shud kill herself.
fyp
Ark2 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Ark2 For This Useful Post:
Old 09-18-2011, 01:08 PM   #31
Super Nintendo Chalmers
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike F View Post
I thought she was gay?
She used to go out with Peter Gabriel. Speaking of which:

Super Nintendo Chalmers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2014, 08:31 AM   #32
Jedi Ninja
Scoring Winger

Exp:

I noticed she has a new album out, she is almost crack-whore thin now...

Jedi Ninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2014, 09:40 AM   #33
Hanna Sniper
Franchise Player

Exp:

Far from that, she was always a tiny girl. Being free from the overweight idiot seems to have had an positive effect on her life... not really a big surprise but good for here
Old 08-31-2014, 10:20 AM   #34
Peanut
First Line Centre

Exp:

This album cover brought to you by the magic of Photoshop.
Peanut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2014, 11:58 AM   #35
TorqueDog
Franchise Player

Exp:

Apparently it was some sort of medication she was on for a misdiagnosed illness. Once she stopped, she dropped two stone (28 lbs) in about three months. [source]

Gotta say, she's more attractive on that album cover than at any other time in her career, though I was never a fan of the shaved head thing. I thought she looked too much like she was Billy Corgan's sister or something.

And I'm jealous of that guitar. I want a Bigsby on my Les Paul.

Last edited by TorqueDog; 08-31-2014 at 12:01 PM.
TorqueDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2014, 12:25 PM   #36
pylon
NOT Chris Butler

Exp:

If you watch her new video, she's still bald. It's a wig and she rips it off in the video. I think the wig is symbolic of trying to be someone else, but in the end just being yourself. If you cannot sit through the song, she pulls it off at 1:54. But the song has a pretty cool message. But she certainly looks beautiful in the 'outward' sense again. Quite the transformation.

pylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2014, 12:47 PM   #37
Northendzone
Franchise Player

Exp:

Read the ad, and then went thru all of the posts and I am stunned, that nobody has posted ine "would not bang" gif........leaving disappointed......May return to see if someone posts.....
Old 08-31-2014, 01:32 PM   #38
Blaster86
UnModerator

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northendzone View Post
Read the ad, and then went thru all of the posts and I am stunned, that nobody has posted ine "would not bang" gif........leaving disappointed......May return to see if someone posts.....
But the post is close to four years old. Everyone would bang again.

THANK MR DEMKO
CPHL Ottawa Vancouver
Blaster86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2014, 01:40 PM   #39
Hanna Sniper
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by pylon View Post
If you watch her new video, she's still bald. It's a wig and she rips it off in the video. I think the wig is symbolic of trying to be someone else, but in the end just being yourself. If you cannot sit through the song, she pulls it off at 1:54. But the song has a pretty cool message. But she certainly looks beautiful in the 'outward' sense again. Quite the transformation.

Yes and no, it's a lot more symbolic of her then a message of a video... the theme is staple her career has always fought against..

This goes back to day one, from when she was told to sex it up and sell her looks, have an abortion because the record companies spent too much money on her. That a child would ruin her career from starting and she owed it to them. In response she shaved her head and kept the child. Ever since then her whole career has been a battle between what the role others what her to play and the role she needs to play to be true to herself.
Old 08-31-2014, 11:23 PM   #40
Devils'Advocate
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Interesting. After listening to the new song (which is really catchy... in a bad way as I find myself singing words that should never come out of my mouth) I wanted to know more about her views on religion.

Wikipedia:
Quote:
n the late 1990s, Bishop Michael Cox of the Irish Orthodox Catholic and Apostolic Church (an Independent Catholic group not in communion with the Catholic Church) ordained O'Connor as a priest. The Catholic Church considers ordination of women to be invalid and asserts that a person attempting the sacrament of ordination upon a woman incurs excommunication.[74] The bishop had contacted her to offer ordination following her appearance on the RTÉ's Late Late Show, during which she told the presenter, Gay Byrne, that had she not been a singer, she would have wished to have been a Catholic priest. After her ordination, she indicated that she wished to be called Mother Bernadette Mary.[74] In a July 2007 interview with Christianity Today, O'Connor stated that she considers herself a Christian and that she believes in core Christian concepts about the Trinity and Jesus Christ. She said, "I think God saves everybody whether they want to be saved or not. So when we die, we're all going home... I don't think God judges anybody. He loves everybody equally." She also expressed a belief in pantheism, viewing the physical universe as a body with divine "energy."[75] In an October 2002 interview, she credited her Christian faith in giving her the strength to live through, and then overcome the effects of, her child abuse.[31]
On 26 March 2010, O'Connor appeared on Anderson Cooper 360° to speak out about the Catholic sexual abuse scandal in Ireland.[76] On 28 March 2010, she had an opinion piece published in the Sunday edition of the Washington Post in which she wrote about the scandal and her time in a Magdalene laundry as a teenager.[3] Writing for the Sunday Independent she labeled the Vatican as "a nest of devils" and called for the establishment of an "alternative church", opining that "Christ is being murdered by liars" in the Vatican.[77] Shortly after the election of Pope Francis she described the office of the Pope as an "anti-Christian office."[78] O'Connor stated:
Well, you know, I guess I wish everyone the best, and I don't know anything about the man, so I'm not going to rush to judge him on one thing or another, but I would say he has a scientifically impossible task, because all religions, but certainly the Catholic Church, is really a house built on sand, and it's drowning in a sea of conditional love, and therefore it can't survive, and actually the office of Pope itself is an anti-Christian office, the idea that Christ needs a representative is laughable and blasphemous at the same time, therefore it is a house built on sand, and we need to rescue God from religion, all religions, they've become a smokescreen that distracts people from the fact that there is a holy spirit, and when you study the Gospels you see the Christ character came to tell us that we only need to talk directly to God, we never needed Religion..."
Asked whether from her point of view, it is therefore irrelevant who is elected to be Pope, O'Connor replied,
Genuinely I don't mean disrespect to Catholic people because I believe in Jesus Christ, I believe in the Holy Spirit, all of those, but I also believe in all of them, I don't think it cares if you call it Fred or Daisy, you know? Religion is a smokescreen, it has everybody talking to the wall. There is a holy spirit who can't intervene on our behalf unless we ask it. Religion has us talking to the wall. The Christ character tells us himself: you must only talk directly to the Father; you don't need intermediaries. We all thought we did, and that's ok, we're not bad people, but let's wake up..God was there before religion; it's there [today] despite religion; it'll be there when religion is gone
If most religious people shared her views, I think my disdain for the church would be lessened greatly.
Devils'Advocate is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
personal ad