Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-19-2021, 06:30 PM   #1581
bluejays
Franchise Player

Exp:

I sold my Enbridge for a hefty $2 profit today. Didn't want to take the chance with the rumored KXL squashing by Biden. Sometimes when there's smoke there's fire. I'll get back again after his initial address.
bluejays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2021, 06:35 PM   #1582
manwiches
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by manwiches View Post
Battery and charging sector will be next up imo

I'm in QS, RMO, for reversal off the 61.8 fib (look at FUBO as an example) and looking at getting into SBE when it falls. Handful of others, including the mining side like PLM and LAC too.

Sent from my SM-N975W using Tapatalk
WWR was the gem today that I missed in my research last night. Got in this AM after seeing the pattern setup, and lithium and rare earth buzz. Went lighter than I usually do, but rode almost all my shares from 5.00 to 6.50 then 7, all at my fib retracements. Perfect low stress trade today.

GRTS puzzled the hell out of me, as it flew on only Phase 1 data. Missed that, but cool to see.

Tmw might be weak market. Inauguration, which typically has indecisive market sentiment. Also, someone reminded Schwab and IB have easy borrows, so nice recipe for a pop and drop city and bear sentiment tmw.

Holding CLOV/TEDU for a pop.

Scaled SPCE

Also full SNDL/CGC/RMO/QS. AMC I want $5 tmw from my 2.02 ave

Watching the charging plays to set up. BLNK I'm hoping stays unfound for a little while longer and drops a bit. High short interest + sector sentiment = short squeeze city.

Last edited by manwiches; 01-19-2021 at 06:39 PM.
manwiches is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2021, 05:52 AM   #1583
MJK
Franchise Player

Exp:

After the market closed a number of companies announced they are raising money:

EGLX @ $5.75
GRN @ $2.17
IFA @ $3.90 + warrants

Those stocks likely dip short term so if you can get in on financing deals, you may be able to buy on a dip in the market.
MJK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2021, 06:52 AM   #1584
Krovikan
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

I don't get EGLX, during my DD it seemed like they were trading 10x revenue, is there really that much upside in the Samsung deal?

I missed GRN, was going to buy, but it disappeared of the IPO center while I was doing DD .

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk
Krovikan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2021, 07:08 AM   #1585
MJK
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krovikan View Post
I don't get EGLX, during my DD it seemed like they were trading 10x revenue, is there really that much upside in the Samsung deal?

I missed GRN, was going to buy, but it disappeared of the IPO center while I was doing DD .

Like many others, very hot sector...Esports still a ton of upside.
Old 01-20-2021, 07:43 AM   #1586
DeluxeMoustache

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by fleury View Post
I sold my Enbridge for a hefty $2 profit today. Didn't want to take the chance with the rumored KXL squashing by Biden. Sometimes when there's smoke there's fire. I'll get back again after his initial address.

You think negative news for TC would drag down Enbridge?
DeluxeMoustache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2021, 07:49 AM   #1587
flylock shox
1 millionth post winnar!

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeluxeMoustache View Post
You think negative news for TC would drag down Enbridge?
It doesn't even appear to be dragging down TC!

I was hoping for a nice dip into the 40s so I could pick some up on the cheap, but it seems the market has already priced this in.

ENB still looks like a great medium term hold to me.
flylock shox is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to flylock shox For This Useful Post:
Old 01-20-2021, 08:31 AM   #1588
Dynamic
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flaming Homer View Post
How often would I have to trade in my TFSA account for them to try to tax me as a business?
I have searched far and wide and it seems their is no set criteria. Nobody seems to really know what would trigger a CRA audit of your TFSA. For me to play it safe my TFSA I try to only on average make a few trades a month. And even then it is generally just loading up more of what I have. Also everything I have I intend to hold for months/years at a time. Maybe I'm playing too conservative but the last thing I want is my profits going to the tax man.
Dynamic is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Dynamic For This Useful Post:
Old 01-20-2021, 08:42 AM   #1589
J pold
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:

Saw that news and put in a limit sell of my GRN $2.55 and was going to buy more on the dip. My order got filled and it's up again this morning!
J pold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2021, 09:02 AM   #1590
Krovikan
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

For those in AMCI the vote data was just announced, Feb 2.

Quote:
AMCI will hold a virtual special meeting of its stockholders in order to obtain the stockholder approvals necessary to complete the Business Combination. At the special meeting of AMCI, which will be held exclusively via a live audio webcast at https://www.cstproxy.com/amciacquisition/2021, on February 2, 2021 at 10:00 a.m. ...
https://www.sec.gov/Archives/edgar/d...22x9_424b3.htm

Also for warrant holders (since I'm new to SPAC warrants), they need to be redeemed before the merger data, otherwise, they will expire.

Quote:
each outstanding option, warrant, convertible note or other right to subscribe or purchase any capital stock of Advent or securities convertible into or exchange for, or that otherwise confer on the holder any right to acquire any capital stock of Advent (collectively, “Company Convertible Securities”), if not exercised or converted prior to such time, will be cancelled, retired and terminated and cease to represent a right to acquire, be exchanged for or convert into shares of Advent stock or if exercised prior to such time, will have the resulting shares of Advent stock issued upon such exercise treated as outstanding shares of Advent stock.

Last edited by Krovikan; 01-20-2021 at 09:07 AM.
Old 01-20-2021, 09:20 AM   #1591
Leondros
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:

Also for warrant holders (since I'm new to SPAC warrants), they need to be redeemed before the merger data, otherwise, they will expire.
I don't know if this is true -
Quote:
Public Warrants
Each Public Warrant entitles the registered holder to purchase one share of New AMCI common stock at a price of $11.50 per share, subject to adjustment as discussed below, at any time commencing 30 days after the Closing. The Public Warrants will expire five years after the Closing of the Business Combination, at 5:00 p.m., New York City time, or earlier upon redemption or liquidation.
Reads to me that they are exercisable only after the new AMCI stock is created?
Leondros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2021, 09:21 AM   #1592
Leondros
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:

Also strange that the common shares are tanking a bit. I would have thought this news would have put people at ease. I also thought the warrants would start approximating the value of the common shares almost immediately...

From what I can tell on the good old Bloomberg terminal is it looks like common shares are transferring over to the warrants and people are starting to arbitrage based on a cheaper warrant. This is putting pressure on the common shares.

Last edited by Leondros; 01-20-2021 at 09:25 AM.
Leondros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2021, 09:29 AM   #1593
IGGYRULES
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leondros View Post

Correct. Redeemable at the earliest 30 days after merger. Can be called if the share price of AMCI trades over $18 for 20/30 days. Don't sell your warrants until there is a huge pop or the 20/30 day stipulation has been met. Personally price target on warrants is $10-12 if not more.
IGGYRULES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2021, 09:44 AM   #1594
Krovikan
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leondros View Post

I may have read it wrong, maybe they are talking about the Advent stock, as I mentioned in the previous post, I'm new to SPAC stocks. I found it in the question and answer section, under the answer to the first question "Q.
Why am I receiving this proxy statement/prospectus/consent solicitation?"

Last edited by Krovikan; 01-20-2021 at 09:48 AM.
Old 01-20-2021, 03:43 PM   #1595
jayswin
Celebrated Square Root Day

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by manwiches View Post
Also full SNDL/CGC/RMO/QS. AMC I want $5 tmw from my 2.02 ave

Watching the charging plays to set up. BLNK I'm hoping stays unfound for a little while longer and drops a bit. High short interest + sector sentiment = short squeeze city.

AMC as in AMC entertainment holdings on the NSE?
jayswin is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to jayswin For This Useful Post:
Old 01-20-2021, 03:55 PM   #1596
jayswin
Celebrated Square Root Day

Exp:

How do people feel about Titan Medical? (Believe it was talked about here?). Up 50% today, thinking about cashing in.

Also, wasn't quite sure what was being said here.

Quote:
  • Price Target Upside/Downside

According to analysts' consensus price target of $1.00, Titan Medical has a forecasted downside of 64.7% from its current price of $2.83.

Is that saying the downside of this stock is 64.7% lower than $2.83 or 64.7% higher than $2.83? I assumed lower considering the consensus price target of $1.00.

Last edited by jayswin; 01-20-2021 at 03:58 PM.
jayswin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2021, 07:48 PM   #1597
manwiches
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayswin View Post
AMC as in AMC entertainment holdings on the NSE?
Yep.

I swing trade and scalp. I leave investing to my wealth manager

So my short term thesis for this is extremely bullish. High high short interest, bottomed out chart, lots of rumor and buzz (rumored Amazon buyout, Biden actually coming out saying he would help theatres, global market, CEO has come out said they are aggressively pursuing a bailout). Also, look at what GME did recently, what KODK did last year too. More relevant examples are HTZ and JCP.

All those factors = short squeeze city. It seems counterintuitive, but the higher short interest, with the right chart and sentiment, is blood in the water for bullish traders.

I anticipate this moves very much like the above tickers over the next month. I had been watching this one for bottom, and when the reversal started last week before the hype, and it hit my scanner, I loaded big at 2.02, with a downside of 1.97. my PTs start at $5 and then $7, based on fibbs and vol profile.

I will and still am holding full despite yesterday's and today's moves. There is very little chance of an offering due to its poor sentiment right now. There should be a few squeezes before it hits my PTs, but I'll hold full til I get to my first PT, unless the pullbacks are significant, which I'll scale and readd dips.

Now for the same reason JCP and HTZ ran early and hard in the short term, is why I am also long term bearish. I won't hold anymore once it reaches my targets. I have a pretty hard rule of not "investing" or swinging long term pennies.

Sent from my SM-N975W using Tapatalk
manwiches is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to manwiches For This Useful Post:
Old 01-20-2021, 08:01 PM   #1598
bluejays
Franchise Player

Exp:

While some of this terminology is mandarin to me, I'm really digging all the suggestions and activity on this thread recently. Now I should probably act on it. lol
bluejays is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to bluejays For This Useful Post:
Old 01-21-2021, 06:48 AM   #1599
MJK
Franchise Player

Exp:

I was waiting for an opportunity to get back into EGLX so I am buying shares at the financing rate of $5.75. With the news it dipped yesterday a bit but I really don't see it lasting that long and expect it to recover quickly.
Old 01-21-2021, 09:09 AM   #1600
agulati
Franchise Player

Exp:

I believe I had seen the recommendation for THMO here by manwiches. It is up 18.5%. today. Curious what would be your PT
agulati is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to agulati For This Useful Post: