Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-25-2020, 05:41 PM   #21
TorqueDog
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by afc wimbledon View Post
They've picked two victim's, an employee and one unnamed, clearly the most aggregious, it his word against theirs at that point and he does not cut a sympathetic figure, he's not even arguing the sex didn't happen, just that they consented.

I suspect he will be sharing a cell with Cosby
Again, that's a tough battle because you have to prove guilt; you have to prove he forced them into sexual activity against their consent. He doesn't have to prove / disprove anything, so long as there is enough reasonable doubt to prevent a jury from finding him guilty.
TorqueDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2020, 11:00 AM   #22
afc wimbledon
Franchise Player

Exp:

No he's screwed, Rosie Perez (great actress) testifies the victim called her ten years ago and told her she'd been raped.

Effectively his defence has been dismantled, a credible corroborating witness to the accusers claim
afc wimbledon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2020, 11:19 AM   #23
Johnny199r
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by afc wimbledon View Post
No he's screwed, Rosie Perez (great actress) testifies the victim called her ten years ago and told her she'd been raped.

Effectively his defence has been dismantled, a credible corroborating witness to the accusers claim
In Canadian law, an allegation of recent fabrication is amongst the only uses to introduce a prior consistent statement.

Ie - She is just lying, making up this incident from 10 years ago because of something that happened between us a year ago. Obviously her disclosure to a friend 10 years ago rebuts that, if that's really what the defence was going to allege.

It doesn't mean that a complainant wasn't lying at the time when they told their friend something happened (I assume the defence will be it was consenual) Just like it doesn't mean it wasn't any less likely to have happened because a complainant didn't tell anyone the incident. It cuts both ways. Just because someone tells someone else that something happened, doesn't mean it did.

I'm not defending this guy, I think he's a dirt bag and probably did this stuff.
Johnny199r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2020, 12:11 PM   #24
TorqueDog
Franchise Player

Exp:

Likewise, I have no love for Weinstein, but the reality is this is hardly an open-and-shut case simply because of how difficult it is to prove guilt in these scenarios.
TorqueDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2020, 01:14 PM   #25
undercoverbrother
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snuffleupagus View Post
IMO Weinstein is far worst than Cosby, Cosby used his fame to get girls to "party" with him and got them high to take advantage of them, From all accounts Weinstein flat out said "if you want to be a star get on your knees" or just flat out raped them.

If true I hope he spends the rest of his days "on his knees" in prison
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matata View Post
I'd suck Harvey Weinstein's dick right now if I could parlay it into an easy job that pays millions of dollars.

I'd find being drugged and raped by Bill Cosby to be most unpleasant.
Why can't both be ####ing repulsive?

Both of then used their position to have sex with people without consent.

They are both ####ing disgusting.

Corporal Jean-Marc H. BECHARD, 6 Aug 1993

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sliver View Post
Just ignore me...I'm in a mood today.
undercoverbrother is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to undercoverbrother For This Useful Post:
Old 01-27-2020, 12:19 PM   #26
Matata
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by undercoverbrother View Post
Why can't both be ####ing repulsive?

Both of then used their position to have sex with people without consent.

They are both ####ing disgusting.

Just because things are both disgusting, doesn't make them equal. Weinstein's victims ultimately had the final decision in what they did with him, and some of them made off like gangbusters *cough* Jennifer Lawrence, Gwyneth Paltrow *cough*. Cosby's victims were just drugged and raped. I can see several clear distinctions between the two and if I had to pick one over the other, I wouldn't have to think twice about it.
Matata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2020, 12:22 PM   #27
OMG!WTF!
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Just because things are both disgusting, doesn't make them equal. Weinstein's victims ultimately had the final decision in what they did with him, and some of them made off like gangbusters *cough* Jennifer Lawrence, Gwyneth Paltrow *cough*. Cosby's victims were just drugged and raped. I can see several clear distinctions between the two and if I had to pick one over the other, I wouldn't have to think twice about it.

I don't think you have all the necessary info here. He's being charged with first degree rape. Maybe wait for at least that to be determined?
OMG!WTF! is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to OMG!WTF! For This Useful Post:
Old 01-27-2020, 12:24 PM   #28
undercoverbrother
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Neither of these #######s victims had choice:

Cosby's because of drugs

Weinstein's because of his power

I will say that your post has a bit of victims blaming undertone, which I hope is all on my reading and not your intention.

Quote:
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to undercoverbrother For This Useful Post:
Old 01-27-2020, 12:41 PM   #29
Matata
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by undercoverbrother View Post
Neither of these #######s victims had choice:

Cosby's because of drugs

Weinstein's because of his power

I will say that your post has a bit of victims blaming undertone, which I hope is all on my reading and not your intention.

The worst of Weinsteins crimes may be comparable to what Cosby did routinely: Cosby kept it simple, you got drugged, you got raped, every time. That's about a million times worse than having to watch Weinstein jerk off in a hotel plant because you want a movie role.
Matata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2020, 12:47 PM   #30
afc wimbledon
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
The worst of Weinsteins crimes may be comparable to what Cosby did routinely: Cosby kept it simple, you got drugged, you got raped, every time. That's about a million times worse than having to watch Weinstein jerk off in a hotel plant because you want a movie role.
That's Louis CK, Weinstein apparently raped you and then went down on you as a favour!!

At least with Cosby you were asleep
afc wimbledon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2020, 01:11 PM   #31
undercoverbrother
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
I am not going to lie, this might be the oddest exchange I have ever had on this site and that includes ones with Sliver.

Weinstein's crimes include more that cumming on a hotel plant.

If you can't see or understand the dynamics of power there is no point in continuing.

Quote:
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to undercoverbrother For This Useful Post:
Old 01-27-2020, 03:41 PM   #32
Rando
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
You have a true ignorance of what happened with Harvey Weintsein, sexual assault and power dynamics. The naivety you're showing is baffling.
Rando is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Rando For This Useful Post:
Old 01-27-2020, 03:44 PM   #33
Resolute 14
In the Sin Bin

Exp:

Imagine waking up this morning and thinking that white knighting for Harvey Weinstein is the way to go.

You're revealing a fair bit about yourself here Matata, and you might want to step back and evaluate whether defending a rapist as being 'not that bad' is the hill you actually want to die on. Especially when you're trying to imply that it's not so bad because some of those women benefited from being raped.
Resolute 14 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Resolute 14 For This Useful Post:
Old 01-27-2020, 03:46 PM   #34
ResAlien
Lifetime In Suspension

Exp:

Eh the only surprising thing about his post is that victims wasn’t in quotation marks.
ResAlien is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ResAlien For This Useful Post:
Old 01-27-2020, 05:36 PM   #35
Huntingwhale
Franchise Player

Exp:

LOL @ Cosby kept it simple
Huntingwhale is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Huntingwhale For This Useful Post:
Old 01-27-2020, 09:26 PM   #36
peter12
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huntingwhale View Post
LOL @ Cosby kept it simple
Yeah I laughed at that too.
peter12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2020, 12:07 AM   #37
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Now...far be it for me to say that this has all been riveting stuff, however, 'whose the better rapist' ironic dick measuring contest aside, is anyone else actually interested in seeing how this actual trial plays out considering that it could very well set an important precedent?

Anyone? Anyone? Bueller?

This Post Has Been Distilled for the Eradication of Seemingly Incurable Sadness.

If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a Fire Exit. - Mitch Hedberg
Locke is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Locke For This Useful Post:
Old 01-29-2020, 09:25 AM   #38
Fighting Banana Slug
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Locke View Post
Now...far be it for me to say that this has all been riveting stuff, however, 'whose the better rapist' ironic dick measuring contest aside, is anyone else actually interested in seeing how this actual trial plays out considering that it could very well set an important precedent?

Anyone? Anyone? Bueller?
I am certainly interested in the outcome, but how do you see this as precedent setting?
O.K. there has been a lot of talk on whether or not MacTavish has actually done a good job for us, most fans on this board are very basic in their analysis and I feel would change their opinion entirely if the team was successful.
Fighting Banana Slug is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2020, 11:20 AM   #39
Rando
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Reading She Said, two New York Times reporters chronicle of Harvey Weinstein's sexual depravity of Hollywood. Truly disgusting human being.

It wasn't just rich and famous actresses he took advantage of. The power he abused over any female under him is shocking.
Rando is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Rando For This Useful Post:
Old 03-11-2020, 09:18 AM   #40
Senator Clay Davis
Franchise Player

Exp:

https://twitter.com/user/status/1237758213019373568