Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 09-22-2020, 12:52 PM   #321
Senator Clay Davis
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sylvanfan View Post
You don't think it is with Bortles?
Nah, Bortles is the textbook one good game every three kind of QB, he'll be able to produce 3 or 4 wins, assuming he plays. He is backing up Driskel who almost beat one of the best defenses in the league. Broncos are probably good for 4 wins. I thought the Jags would be shoo-ins, but GOATner is too good and will get them 5 wins minimum.

The Jets, on the other hand, well their entire team is ass, with the worst coach in the league by a wide margin. 3 wins seems the max for them. Not sure who's gonna outsuck that, although the Lions and Vikings are interesting sleepers to pull it off.
Old 09-22-2020, 12:59 PM   #322
Jason14h
Franchise Player

Exp:

What about Carolina without CMC?

I imagine he doesn’t come back this year once they are 0-7
Jason14h is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Jason14h For This Useful Post:
Old 09-22-2020, 01:03 PM   #323
Sainters7
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason14h View Post
What about Carolina without CMC?

I imagine he doesn’t come back this year once they are 0-7
I'll never understand how simply adding Robbie Anderson, and Teddy Bridgewater (who IMO is actually a downgrade on Cam) was enough for SI to place the Panthers in the top 5 offences in the NFL, in their season preview.

Robbie Anderson and replacing Cam with Teddy takes your offence from mid-20's to top 5?? Makes no sense. So overrated coming into this year.
Sainters7 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Sainters7 For This Useful Post:
Old 09-22-2020, 01:07 PM   #324
Senator Clay Davis
Franchise Player

Exp:

Jury's still out on Rhule, maybe he's a good enough coach to coax 5 wins out of that team. But we know Gase sucks significant amounts of ass and the Jets have very little talent.
Old 09-22-2020, 05:14 PM   #325
Erick Estrada
Franchise Player

Exp:

America's team?

https://twitter.com/user/status/1308526412685475842
Erick Estrada is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Erick Estrada For This Useful Post:
Old 09-22-2020, 05:32 PM   #326
Sylvanfan
Appealing my suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sainters7 View Post
I'll never understand how simply adding Robbie Anderson, and Teddy Bridgewater (who IMO is actually a downgrade on Cam) was enough for SI to place the Panthers in the top 5 offences in the NFL, in their season preview.

Robbie Anderson and replacing Cam with Teddy takes your offence from mid-20's to top 5?? Makes no sense. So overrated coming into this year.
I like Bridgewater and what he came back from...but he isn't going to win games without a great roster around him. Which the Panthers don't have especially without CMC for a few weeks.

Cam is a bit of a polarizing figure...but when he's healthy, no question he is a superior player.

Now back to lousy teams...if the Falcons actually fire Dan Quinn at week 8 after giving up 250 points in their first 7 games.....maybe they'll continue down the road of suck rather than win 7 of their last 9.

I actually think we could see a pretty distinct split between good and bad this year. When guys get injured...they might just be more inclined to say screw this, I'll come back next year. Could be a lot of teams with 5 or fewer wins.
The Following User Says Thank You to Sylvanfan For This Useful Post:
Old 09-22-2020, 06:47 PM   #327
Drake
Franchise Player

Exp:

Giants and Devonta Freeman officially have agreed to a one-year deal worth up to $3 million.

Drake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2020, 09:52 PM   #328
Sylvanfan
Appealing my suspension

Exp:

Well after week 2...not much different than week 1 for me.

NFC East the Cowboys are a talented team that likes to get in their own way. They really have no excuse not to win this Division. The Eagles should be better, but they aren't. The Giants will be in the mix for the top pick now that Barkley is out. Washington got to experience what playing a real team is like, although they may not be as bad as I thought they were.

NFC South should still be the Saints Division, they do tend to lose in the first couple weeks of the season, but Brees does look like he's lost something. The Bucs should be the runner up and likley a playoff team, but I don't think they are a powerhouse or anything like that. Carolina will be bad without CMC, and Atlanta is a good team to have fantasy players on because they'll throw a lot and put up 30 points a trying to compensate for a defence that allows 40.

NFC North At this point it's hard not to see the Packers winning this Division. The Bears have not been that impressive but two wins in the bank certainly puts them in the mix for one of the 7 playoff berths. Someone tends to start the year badly and rally to make it in...Minnesota hopes it's them, but they have looked awful. Detroit, maybe they should change their name to something controversial before people forget they exist.

NFC West still looks like the best Division in Football. Any of these teams likely would win the NFC East. Have to think that 3 teams from this Division could be in the playoffs, who knows maybe even 4, they all get to play the NFC East and AFC East so that could be 6-7 wins for these teams and split the Division games can get you to 10 wins. San Francisco does have some injury woes that will be hard to overcome in a competitive Division. I think Seattle is the best team, but any of these teams can beat the other on any given day.

AFC East already shows a pretty clear split. Buffalo does look to have taken a step forward, and the Patriots maybe have not fallen back as much as some thought. Miami needs another year they look better than last year to start the year, but still look like a 11 loss team. The Jets, well they'll hope to trade Darnold for a 3rd this off season.

AFC South Tennessee is the best team, but even they had their struggles with Jacksonville. Looks like Uncle Rico's protege isn't going to let his team get run out of the building every week and they could be 2-1 as they draw the Dolphins this week. Colts bounced back with a good win against the Vikings. Still don't think Rivers can do much more than make them a Wild Card team. The Texans still have a couple tough games to go. But they clearly are a ways behind Baltimore and KC, so now it's a question of can they recover from this tough start.

AFC North the Ravens do look good. They get KC this week and I think they will make a statement here. Pittsburgh likely still a playoff team, but I think they are a ways behind the Ravens. The Browns offence did some nice things...than again they played the Bengals.....speaking of whom should be a bit more interesting because Joe Burrow looks like he could be pretty good.

AFC West the Chiefs were not very good last week, but they escape with a win. If they play like that against Baltimore...they will get smoked. The Raiders have been impressive starting out 2-0, they do look to have a nice balanced offence. The Chargers likely do have a top 3 defence in the AFC, and maybe Justin Herbert can do enough on offence to keep them in the playoff mix. Denver has had a brutal start for injuries at this point they are a long shot to get back into it.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sylvanfan For This Useful Post:
Old 09-23-2020, 09:54 AM   #329
KelVarnsen
Franchise Player

Exp:

Oops

https://www.tsn.ca/chargers-qb-tyrod...ces-say-19.855
KelVarnsen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2020, 11:16 AM   #330
Sylvanfan
Appealing my suspension

Exp:

Or was he just taking matters into his own hands?
Old 09-23-2020, 02:32 PM   #331
Machiavelli
Franchise Player

Exp:

Trying to play a contact sport with broken ribs, sounds like a great idea!
Old 09-23-2020, 03:00 PM   #332
CorsiHockeyLeague
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senator Clay Davis View Post
^^I'm just glad it appears the Seahawks have finally stopped wasting Russ with their "establish the run" for three quarters before begging Russ to pull it out offense. Until the first game Russ throws three picks and they lose, then right back to that crap no doubt.
Well, that isn't likely to happen. Russ might not throw 3 more picks all season. That one to Olsen was clearly the latter's fault. It took him, what, 8 games last year to throw one?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sainters7 View Post
When you're also without Michael Thomas, that's a problem.
And whose fault is that? I can't believe more people aren't pissed off at the coach for putting Thomas in and him getting hurt when they had the game won already. How he gets a pass for that I just do not understand.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sylvanfan View Post
NFC West still looks like the best Division in Football. Any of these teams likely would win the NFC East... I think Seattle is the best team, but any of these teams can beat the other on any given day.
Really? I sure don't, and I'm a Seahawks fan. I wouldn't be shocked if they go .500 the rest of the way. They have no pass rush whatsoever, nor can they cover anyone. It's not a fluke that they're last in the NFL against the pass - they legitimately suck in that area. Against the run they've been very good so far, but I have no idea whether to read into that or if it's just a two-game anomaly and they'll come back down to Earth. Zeke should be a decent test in that regard.

Russ is gonna Russ, but one guy can't do everything, even if he's the best player in the NFL. The Rams are just plain better. Once San Fran gets healthy they should be better too, much as it pains me to say so... and I think that'll happen before they play Seattle in week 7.
"The great promise of the Internet was that more information would automatically yield better decisions. The great disappointment is that more information actually yields more possibilities to confirm what you already believed anyway." - Brian Eno
CorsiHockeyLeague is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2020, 03:05 PM   #333
troutman
Unfrozen Caveman Lawyer

Exp:

Raiders have a tough schedule coming up: @NE, BUFF, @KC, TB, @CLE, @LAC
troutman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2020, 03:49 PM   #334
Blaster86
UnModerator

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Machiavelli View Post
Trying to play a contact sport with broken ribs, sounds like a great idea!

Say what you will about professional athletes but god damn are they willing to play through some pain.

THANK MR DEMKO
CPHL Ottawa Vancouver
Blaster86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2020, 03:53 PM   #335
Blaster86
UnModerator

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CorsiHockeyLeague View Post
Really? I sure don't, and I'm a Seahawks fan. I wouldn't be shocked if they go .500 the rest of the way. They have no pass rush whatsoever, nor can they cover anyone. It's not a fluke that they're last in the NFL against the pass - they legitimately suck in that area. Against the run they've been very good so far, but I have no idea whether to read into that or if it's just a two-game anomaly and they'll come back down to Earth. Zeke should be a decent test in that regard.

Russ is gonna Russ, but one guy can't do everything, even if he's the best player in the NFL. The Rams are just plain better. Once San Fran gets healthy they should be better too, much as it pains me to say so... and I think that'll happen before they play Seattle in week 7.

I feel the same way. Then again, I felt the same way last year and yeah what do I know. Expect .500 and won't be shocked if Russ just decides "naw, 11 wins again"

THANK MR DEMKO
CPHL Ottawa Vancouver
Blaster86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2020, 04:00 PM   #336
calgarygeologist
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CorsiHockeyLeague View Post
Well, that isn't likely to happen. Russ might not throw 3 more picks all season. That one to Olsen was clearly the latter's fault. It took him, what, 8 games last year to throw one?

And whose fault is that? I can't believe more people aren't pissed off at the coach for putting Thomas in and him getting hurt when they had the game won already. How he gets a pass for that I just do not understand.

The positive thing for them is that the schedule is pretty easy and even with a weak defense they are playing a lot of teams that don't put up many points so they should be able to outplay most teams offensively. Miami, Jets, SF (based on their current injuries), Arizona, Giants, Washington should all be easy wins.
calgarygeologist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2020, 04:22 PM   #337
Da_Chief
Franchise Player

Exp:

I wouldn't ready whole lot into Seahawks Pass D yet. It looks terrible cuz of the pass rush. Newton had all day back there to throw. Against Falcons, it was more of garbage time yardage. Not sure how they plan on fixing it though.

Blair getting hurt sucks, but Dunbar-Diggs-Adams-Griffin and throw in Amadi who showed good instincts against NE should be above average pass D.
Da_Chief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2020, 05:36 PM   #338
CorsiHockeyLeague
Franchise Player

Exp:

Amadi was terrible against NE against the pass. He made tackles but actually preventing catches is something he doesn't do.

They can't just fix the pass rush. Irvin is gone. Blair is gone. There's no help on the horizon. Even if they improve they'll still be bottom five. And to the above, I'm not so sure Arizona is an easy win this year. They never are for Seattle but especially this year. They may not be contenders but they're legit.
"The great promise of the Internet was that more information would automatically yield better decisions. The great disappointment is that more information actually yields more possibilities to confirm what you already believed anyway." - Brian Eno
CorsiHockeyLeague is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2020, 07:03 AM   #339
Erick Estrada
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by troutman View Post
Raiders have a tough schedule coming up: @NE, BUFF, @KC, TB, @CLE, @LAC
Yeah and if you add in the Saints on Monday it looks even worse especially if they lost. The only guaranteed losses IMO are NE and KC but this stretch will probably take them out of the conversation of a Wild Card spot as a .500 scenario on this stretch will be difficult. I will never figure out how the NFL handles its scheduling as Raiders are top 5 for hardest schedule while the Chiefs get bottom 10. Doesn't seem fair.
Erick Estrada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2020, 08:16 AM   #340
GirlySports
NOT breaking news

Exp:

How so? The only diff is KC plays BAL and HOU while LV plays CLE and IND. And LV get NO and TB at home.

Last edited by GirlySports; 09-24-2020 at 08:18 AM.
GirlySports is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
covid xix