Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 05-17-2018, 06:45 PM   #21
bossy22
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlamesKickAss View Post
We took our trailer out to gooseberry on Tuesday for the long weekend, we got a power site but there were none left when we came home at 9pm and only a few left of non power sites.

My wife went out tonight and the neighbors told us some loser came to our trailer and was trying our doors to get in, luckily we were totally locked. Just an FYI if anyone else took their trailers out there.
I went yesterday at noon and no sites were left. It used to be that Wednesday was enough time to put up the tent to hold a site before I get out there with the family and the motorhome. Paddy's flats had spots, but only sites that a small trailer or tent could work on.
bossy22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2018, 06:59 PM   #22
FlamesKickAss
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by bossy22 View Post
I went yesterday at noon and no sites were left. It used to be that Wednesday was enough time to put up the tent to hold a site before I get out there with the family and the motorhome. Paddy's flats had spots, but only sites that a small trailer or tent could work on.
We had friends that are staying there all week and told us to get out there Tuesday instead of Wednesday
FlamesKickAss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2018, 07:55 AM   #23
ken0042
Playboy Mansion Poolboy

Location: Close enough to make a beer run during a TV timeout
Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlamesKickAss View Post
We took our trailer out to gooseberry on Tuesday for the long weekend, we got a power site but there were none left when we came home at 9pm and only a few left of non power sites.
They have power sites now? That is great- Gooseberry was always one of my favourite places as not only is it close, it's close enough to pick up local TV. Great for fall camping to watch some football on Sunday.

Looking online it shows most of the sites powered. If anybody happens upon a map, or if there's one at the campground that you can take a picture of, I would appreciate it.
ken0042 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2018, 08:02 AM   #24
surferguy
Monster Storm

Exp:

My wife and I bought a tent trailer this week. Needs a small amount of work to get it up to operational order - has a broken lift cable. Price was right! Anyway looking fwd to doing some camping later this summer!

surferguy is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to surferguy For This Useful Post:
Old 05-18-2018, 08:12 AM   #25
KTrain
ALL ABOARD!

Exp:

I'm not sure if it's been mentioned here before, since I don't follow the thread, but a friend has started up a new business called Karma Campervans. They're converting vans for camping and I think they look great. Good to support a new, local business so give them a look and spread the word.

https://www.karmacampervans.com/
KTrain is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to KTrain For This Useful Post:
Old 05-18-2018, 09:57 PM   #26
FlamesKickAss
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ken0042 View Post
They have power sites now? That is great- Gooseberry was always one of my favourite places as not only is it close, it's close enough to pick up local TV. Great for fall camping to watch some football on Sunday.

Looking online it shows most of the sites powered. If anybody happens upon a map, or if there's one at the campground that you can take a picture of, I would appreciate it.
Yea and they just upgraded the power to 30a from 15.

I'll see if there's a campground map tomorrow while walking around
The Following User Says Thank You to FlamesKickAss For This Useful Post:
Old 05-19-2018, 11:58 AM   #27
FlamesKickAss
Franchise Player

Exp:

No map at campsite just a list of power sites

Last edited by FlamesKickAss; 05-19-2018 at 12:01 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to FlamesKickAss For This Useful Post:
Old 05-22-2018, 09:28 AM   #28
habernac
Franchise Player

Exp:

Seems like my black water tank is clogged. It didn't go for nearly as long as the grey tank when I emptied it and it still shows 3/4 full. I've read online that putting a bunch of ice in there can sometimes solve the problem.

Any other tips out there?
habernac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2018, 11:03 AM   #29
gasman
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by habernac View Post
Seems like my black water tank is clogged. It didn't go for nearly as long as the grey tank when I emptied it and it still shows 3/4 full. I've read online that putting a bunch of ice in there can sometimes solve the problem.

Any other tips out there?
Hire a Honey Truck, I think they can hook on and put some suction on the valve, maybe that would clear the blockage.

I had an issue where my black tank was clogged, and it ended up being toilet paper that got clogged in the valve. I was able to get it drained eventually and then took the valve apart my self and replaced it.

Advice, Long gloves and old clothes... also, vick vapor rub under your nose.
gasman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2018, 11:06 AM   #30
Fuzz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Toss a bath bomb in there, and run.
Fuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2018, 01:06 PM   #31
ken0042
Playboy Mansion Poolboy

Location: Close enough to make a beer run during a TV timeout
Exp:

If you can- check it again after it hasn't moved for a week or two. There's a good chance you have toilet paper on the sensors, and as long as that is wet it will show mostly full.

On a typical camping trip you will easily go though a lot more grey water than black; especially if there is a shower thrown in there.
ken0042 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to ken0042 For This Useful Post:
Old 05-23-2018, 07:16 PM   #32
flamesfan1297
First Line Centre

Exp:

Question for you guys, I have a full 30lb propane tank on my trailer. How long can I run just the fridge off that before it's empty. I want to run the fridge from Tuesday evening to Sunday evening next week, the fridge will be the only thing using propane. Will the tank last that long?

Halloween candy is horrifying.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anduril View Post
"Putting nets on puck."

- Ferland 2016
flamesfan1297 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2018, 08:32 PM   #33
woob
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by flamesfan1297 View Post
Question for you guys, I have a full 30lb propane tank on my trailer. How long can I run just the fridge off that before it's empty. I want to run the fridge from Tuesday evening to Sunday evening next week, the fridge will be the only thing using propane. Will the tank last that long?
Depends. How many beers are in the fridge? How many beers do you drink in an hour? Then we'll calculate the amount of times you open the fridge and what amount of cool air will escape and come up calculation resulting in some kind of number.

Or: Sorry, I don't know.
woob is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to woob For This Useful Post:
Old 05-23-2018, 09:43 PM   #34
calgarygringo
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

A 30lb tank can run for a few weeks on a tank. I hope you are plugged in though. If not you may run out of battery first then no spark to get the fridge flame started then you have nothing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by flamesfan1297 View Post
calgarygringo is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to calgarygringo For This Useful Post:
Old 05-24-2018, 01:50 AM   #35
flamesfan1297
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by calgarygringo View Post
A 30lb tank can run for a few weeks on a tank. I hope you are plugged in though. If not you may run out of battery first then no spark to get the fridge flame started then you have nothing.
Okay thanks, and no, I won't be plugged in batterys will be fully charged though, hopefully they hold up!

Halloween candy is horrifying.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anduril View Post
"Putting nets on puck."

- Ferland 2016
flamesfan1297 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2018, 08:02 AM   #36
Hockeyguy15
Franchise Player

Exp:

That battery will probably die, unless you aren't using the water pump/water heater/furnace/lights. Even then, I really can't see it lasting that long.
Hockeyguy15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2018, 09:12 AM   #37
Canehdianman
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockeyguy15 View Post
That battery will probably die, unless you aren't using the water pump/water heater/furnace/lights. Even then, I really can't see it lasting that long.
If he is running on propane, I think the fridge would only need electricity to run the gas valve. very minimal amount.

I would think a 30lb tank should last 5 days quite easily. I can usually run for almost 2 weeks on one of my 20lbers. You will want to minimize opening the door though.
Canehdianman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2018, 09:16 AM   #38
Hockeyguy15
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canehdianman View Post
If he is running on propane, I think the fridge would only need electricity to run the gas valve. very minimal amount.

I would think a 30lb tank should last 5 days quite easily. I can usually run for almost 2 weeks on one of my 20lbers. You will want to minimize opening the door though.
Yes, but if he is using other stuff that I listed the battery will die for sure.

Tuesday evening-Sunday evening is a long stretch with no power/generator/solar panels.
Hockeyguy15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2018, 09:19 AM   #39
Canehdianman
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockeyguy15 View Post
Yes, but if he is using other stuff that I listed the battery will die for sure.

Tuesday evening-Sunday evening is a long stretch with no power/generator/solar panels.
Yeah, depends on his battery setup. I've gone 2 weeks on my dual battery setup. But we were careful to minimize our battery usage.
Canehdianman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2018, 09:50 AM   #40
MacDaddy77
First Line Centre

Exp:

buy the 40 watt solar charger that goes on sale for $90 at canadian tire all the time.

that will keep your batteries sufficiently charged to not worry about it.
MacDaddy77 is offline   Reply With Quote