Reinhart has been playing on Eichel's RW
Ahh ok, I saw him listed as a center
Old 09-28-2020, 01:16 PM   #8362
dammage79
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roof-Daddy View Post
For arguments sake, what if the trade makes the Flames better?

Are you a Flames fan first or an Elias Lindholm fan first?
Lindholm for DeAngelo? Eff it, I'm a Lindholm fan first in that scenario.

Trading your breakout RHs top line RW for anything less than improving on that spot (Pasternak etc) is lunacy. Not to mention your most complete and consistent player on the roster and youre begging for a firing.

Theres dumb moves and then there REALLY dumb moves. Moving Lindholm in 98 percent of all scenarios is a really dumb move.
Old 09-28-2020, 01:17 PM   #8363
AC
Resident Videologist

Exp:

Reinhart was drafted as a C, but plays RW with Eichel.

It says something that Buffalo had been desperately looking for a 2C and didn't just move Reinhart there.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to AC For This Useful Post:
Old 09-28-2020, 01:20 PM   #8364
dissentowner
Franchise Player

Exp:

What is with this board and right after players say they don't want to move they start putting together trade packages for them? Just bizarre. Eichel is not moving.
Old 09-28-2020, 01:27 PM   #8365
Table 5
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by dissentowner View Post
What is with this board and right after players say they don't want to move they start putting together trade packages for them? Just bizarre. Eichel is not moving.
What exactly are you expecting to happen in the Trade Speculation and Rumor thread?
Old 09-28-2020, 01:30 PM   #8366
Enoch Root
Franchise Player

Exp:

I don't know, I think this is a pretty soft denial:

Bob McKenzie @TSNBobMcKenzie
“I hear that (trade talk) a lot,” Eichel’s agent Peter Fish said. “Jack wants to win, he’s frustrated (not winning) but, no, he doesn’t want out. Jack is preparing to head to Buffalo at some point here and prepare for the season, whenever that may be. That’s all he controls.”

Of course the agent isn't going to say "yes, he wants out", he has to deny. "He doesn't want out" can easily mean "I would rather stay, if they team was good, but it isn't, so I am not opposed to a trade"

The fact that the agent said he is frustrated, to me, says that Eichel has voiced his opinions to the team.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Enoch Root For This Useful Post:
Old 09-28-2020, 01:34 PM   #8367
Oling_Roachinen
Franchise Player

Exp:

The reason they said he doesn't want to move is because there was a rumour that he wanted to move...And anytime it's rumoured that someone wants out the agent says the same thing "He's going to prepare hard and show up to camp ready because that's all he can control" might as well just be a standard agent voicemail at this point.

And Eichel actually has expressed his frustration at the exit interviews and conferences for multiple years in a row now. It's become a yearly tradition since his sophomore season.

https://buffalonews.com/sports/sabre...1599edc66.html
Quote:
“Yeah,” he said in KeyBank Center. “That’s what a winning culture is, not being satisfied with yourself, not being satisfied with the fact that you’re losing. It’s important to realize that you can’t be satisfied with the fact you’re in the NHL.
https://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/...trated-losing/
Quote:
“I’m fed up with the losing and I’m fed up and I’m frustrated,” Eichel said on a conference call with reporters Thursday. “I’m a competitor, I want to win every time I go out onto the ice, I want to win the Stanley Cup every time I start a season.”
Not to mention that time it was rumoured he refused to re-sign without getting his way:

https://www.tsn.ca/report-eichel-won...coach-1.728316

Quote:
isn't willing to commit his future to the Buffalo Sabres as long as Dan Bylsma remains the team's coach, reports WGR 550's Paul Hamilton.

“It’s been a mediocre two years,” Eichel told the Buffalo News in early April. “More than anything, it’s a bit disappointing, a bit embarrassing for us as players that we can’t be better for them. You want to please the fans because of all they’ve been through and all they continue to put up with. You just want to be better.”

Eichel continued on that theme during the team's final media availability of the season on April 10th.

"I think guys want to win but there is a difference between saying you want to win and actually wanting to win," Eichel said. "Putting the work in, dedicating your life to it. When you do that and it doesn’t work it is pretty frustrating.”
Eichel is the definition of "where's there smoke" and probably the most likely superstar to be traded in a long time. The dude very clearly hates the losing culture in Buffalo - and they are apparently scaling back their budget.

Of all the absurd trades that come along in this thread, speculating that Eichel wants out while it's being reported that he wants out should be the last thing someone complains about lol.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Oling_Roachinen For This Useful Post:
Old 09-28-2020, 01:36 PM   #8368
Enoch Root
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monahammer View Post
I am still maintaining hope for something like the below:

Gaudreau + Kylington+ 19 For Reinhart + 8 + Montour/Jokiharju

Gaudreau + Kylington for 7 + Zacha + Severson

Gaudreau for Necas + 2nd

first one in particular, but I am of the opinion Reinhart could have room to grow further.

However, I can see Buffalo pushing for something more like this:

Gaudreau+Hanifin +19 for 8+ Reinhart+Ristolainen
Would not trade Hanifin for Ristolainen straight up

Would DEFINITELY not trade Gaudreau + 19OA for Reinhart + 8OA
The Following User Says Thank You to Enoch Root For This Useful Post:
Old 09-28-2020, 01:37 PM   #8369
dammage79
Franchise Player

Exp:

I think Johnny would be something the Sabers would go hard after for Eichel.

I imagine Risto comes back for cap purposes, and then you really have to put the screws in and go grab 8 and Cozens. Fine tune it here and there but thats ticks all of the boxes for CGY. Cost controlled RHS center that is expansion exempt, a big RHD to balance out the top 4 and a nice prospect on top.
The Following User Says Thank You to dammage79 For This Useful Post:
Old 09-28-2020, 01:40 PM   #8370
Roof-Daddy
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by dammage79 View Post
Lindholm for DeAngelo? Eff it, I'm a Lindholm fan first in that scenario.

Trading your breakout RHs top line RW for anything less than improving on that spot (Pasternak etc) is lunacy. Not to mention your most complete and consistent player on the roster and youre begging for a firing.

Theres dumb moves and then there REALLY dumb moves. Moving Lindholm in 98 percent of all scenarios is a really dumb move.
You didn't answer my question.

You said you'd hand in your fan card if they traded Lindholm, not that you would do that if they traded Lindholm for DeAngelo.
Old 09-28-2020, 01:42 PM   #8371
dammage79
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
You didn't answer my question.

You said you'd trade in your fan card if they traded Lindholm, not that you would do that if they traded Lindholm for DeAngelo.
I literally answered your question. Read the whole.damned thing.
Old 09-28-2020, 01:42 PM   #8372
Vinny01
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
I think Johnny would be something the Sabers would go hard after for Eichel.

I imagine Risto comes back for cap purposes, and then you really have to put the screws in and go grab 8 and Cozens. Fine tune it here and there but thats ticks all of the boxes for CGY. Cost controlled RHS center that is expansion exempt, a big RHD to balance out the top 4 and a nice prospect on top.
I would love to get all of that but I can’t see it happening unless the Flames add to that deal.

I was hopeful Cozens would be available but the Staal trade leads me to believe he is very much in their plans as a future 2nd line C
Old 09-28-2020, 01:44 PM   #8373
Crown Royal
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny01 View Post
I would love to get all of that but I can’t see it happening unless the Flames add to that deal.

I was hopeful Cozens would be available but the Staal trade leads me to believe he is very much in their plans as a future 2nd line C
I don't see how the Staal trade means he's in their plans, there are no good Cs available in free agency.
Old 09-28-2020, 01:46 PM   #8374
Roof-Daddy
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
I literally answered your question. Read the whole.damned thing.
You said this:

Quote:
I will definitely be handing in my fan card if they trade Lindholm. No way around that.
So I asked if you're a Lindholm fan or a Flames fan, because apparently if they trade him you're done with the team and there is "No way around that".

But apparently there is a way around it?

I agree trading him for DeAngelo would be stupid, but trading him as part of a package for Eichel or something along those lines would be just fine.
Old 09-28-2020, 01:48 PM   #8375
Calgary4LIfe
Franchise Player

Exp:

Man, Buffalo is really the Edmonton Oilers East - but less embarrassing and will be a budget team.

I took a look at their capfriendly page - currently signed forwards for next season are Eichel, Skinner, Okposo, Staal and Lazar. Olafsson and Reinhart are both RFAs and will be getting a bump. Dahlin is a really nice piece, however.

I think that is one team that just needs to be patient and stay the course - stop dipping into the UFA pool and having to constantly overpay (Skinner and Okposo).

If I am Buffalo right now, I think I am just going to round-out my roster with low-cost UFAs, graduate whomever is ready (Cozens) into the NHL, and try to grow from within. I imagine there are a tonne of players with Buffalo on their NTC lists, not many players are actually willing to go there, and their prospect pool is not as good as it should be considering how much they bottomed-out (Marina Trench levels of bottoming out).

It will be interesting to see what the heck they do to try and appease Eichel over the next couple of seasons, then his NMC kicks-in. Now that would be a terrible time for him to suddenly ask for a trade, while limiting the options.

They better hope their young players take big steps quickly. Some nice pieces for sure, but if I am their GM, I think that I am going to try and hang-onto them for dear life, or start trading them for impact players now to make Eichel happy. Gaudreau would fit into that 'window' I guess with 2 years left (before Eichel's NMC kicks-in), and if it doesn't work, perhaps Buffalo can turn around and sell at that time.

That fanbase would probably riot if Buffalo traded Eichel and started over. That's a long stretch now of being terrible.
The Following User Says Thank You to Calgary4LIfe For This Useful Post:
Old 09-28-2020, 01:50 PM   #8376
Toonage
Taking a while to get to 5000

Exp:

I'm of the opinion that Eichel could very well be moved. Where I roll my eyes are when people suggest trading the farm to get him. He wants to leave Buffalo because they're a futile team that can't put it together due to a severe lack of star players around him.

You don't lure Eichel away by recreating Buffalo for him elsewhere.
Old 09-28-2020, 01:52 PM   #8377
Vinny01
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crown Royal View Post
I don't see how the Staal trade means he's in their plans, there are no good Cs available in free agency.
Sabre’s traded for a 35 year old center to be on their second line which shows he is a short term option and likely keeping Cozens seat warm so they don’t throw him in over his head on year one.
Old 09-28-2020, 02:35 PM   #8378
GranteedEV
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
You said this:

So I asked if you're a Lindholm fan or a Flames fan, because apparently if they trade him you're done with the team and there is "No way around that".

But apparently there is a way around it?

I agree trading him for DeAngelo would be stupid, but trading him as part of a package for Eichel or something along those lines would be just fine.
There isn't a single player in the entire organization who isn't untouchable if Jack Eichel is coming back the other way!

"May those who accept their fate find happiness. May those who defy it find glory."
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to GranteedEV For This Useful Post:
Old 09-28-2020, 02:58 PM   #8379
dissentowner
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Table 5 View Post
What exactly are you expecting to happen in the Trade Speculation and Rumor thread?
Trade speculation and rumours about players that could actually be traded??
Old 09-28-2020, 02:59 PM   #8380
Crown Royal
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toonage View Post
I'm of the opinion that Eichel could very well be moved. Where I roll my eyes are when people suggest trading the farm to get him. He wants to leave Buffalo because they're a futile team that can't put it together due to a severe lack of star players around him.

You don't lure Eichel away by recreating Buffalo for him elsewhere.
You are correct, you don't strip your team of all its talent to land Eichel. YOu offer one very good piece and a few lesser pieces.
Closed Thread