Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Fire on Ice: The Calgary Flames Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 09-28-2020, 12:08 PM   #8341
Lanny_McDonald
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crown Royal View Post
Allan Walsh posted about this after Burke made claims about taxes. The guy is a jerk but he knows his stuff.
Except more loopholes exist in the United States. For rich people, there is no comparison between Canada and the United States. The US provides access to way more shelters than Canadian law can dream up. If a player takes advantage of every break in Canada, they can make the same as a comparable player in one of the good American markets. When the player takes advantage of the number of breaks in the US, they have a big advantage, and their money is usually more accessible. There is a reason why players do not go to Canadian markets and a lot of it has to do with money and making your money work for you.
Old 09-28-2020, 12:09 PM   #8342
TheScorpion
First round-bust

Exp:

Crown Royal: I don't know for sure but I wouldn't be surprised. Still I think Buffalo will finally exceed expectations this year. The thing that separates them from other perennial underachievers is they finally have a franchise defenseman who's only getting better.

Old 09-28-2020, 12:11 PM   #8343
Monahammer
Franchise Player

Exp:

Perfect, right after I made my proposed Buffalo for Gaudreau trade.

I think this news is perfect for them trading their top 10 pick. If eichel is on the move I hope we're throwing the kitchen sink at it (Monahan+1st x2? Monahan + Gaudreau+ Hanifin? Literally whatever they want IMO) but more realistic that Buffalo bites on the ultimatum from Eichel to keep him.

Gaudreau and Hanifin are two high pedigree american players that eichel is familiar with. Their addition to Buffalo would certainly augment the roster in a big way immediately, and show Eichel that they're serious about winning.

If I'm the flames I am doing anything possible to get Cozens in the trade but that might not be achievable. No matter, I revise my earlier proposal.

Gaudreau+Hanifin for 8th+Reinhart+Ristolainen
Old 09-28-2020, 12:15 PM   #8344
Vinny01
Franchise Player

Exp:

I am glad there are no Eichel rumors because as soon as the Rangers got the first pick there was no team that would top their offer.
Old 09-28-2020, 12:20 PM   #8345
Vinny01
Franchise Player

Exp:

It is my understanding Gaudreau will be paid a bonus shortly that leaves him with $10M owing over the next 2 years. All of a sudden when dealing with a budget team you are offering a 27 year old ppg player signed for 2 years at $5M per. The cap hit remains $6.75 but for a team like Buffalo that doesn’t appear to be a problem.

I could definitely see something involving Gaudreau and Reinhart with possibly the 1st round pick swap.

I have read some mocks that have Rossi slipping to 8 and I would be all over that if I am the Flames. Reinhart is a right shot and would sign here long term
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Vinny01 For This Useful Post:
Old 09-28-2020, 12:20 PM   #8346
Toonage
Taking a while to get to 5000

Exp:

https://twitter.com/user/status/1310638799660232709
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Toonage For This Useful Post:
Old 09-28-2020, 12:25 PM   #8347
Roof-Daddy
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by dammage79 View Post
I will definitely be handing in my fan card if they trade Lindholm. No way around that.
For arguments sake, what if the trade makes the Flames better?

Are you a Flames fan first or an Elias Lindholm fan first?
Old 09-28-2020, 12:35 PM   #8348
Monahammer
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roof-Daddy View Post
For arguments sake, what if the trade makes the Flames better?

Are you a Flames fan first or an Elias Lindholm fan first?
E.g. Lindholm as the basis in a trade for Eichel, Barzal, or Barkov? I would be on board with that.
Old 09-28-2020, 12:38 PM   #8349
ResAlien
Lifetime In Suspension

Exp:

You know what would cause me to “turn in my fan card”?

Nothing. Good lord I’ve been following this team so long that the worst case scenario is apathy but pitching a fit? Unlikely. Trade whomever you like at anytime why not. Let’s get crazy.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to ResAlien For This Useful Post:
Old 09-28-2020, 12:39 PM   #8350
PepsiFree
Participant
Participant

Exp:

We can’t trade Lindholm. In terms of building a team based on the prettiest players (which I am a big proponent of), I consider him a franchise player and very difficult to replace.
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to PepsiFree For This Useful Post:
Old 09-28-2020, 12:41 PM   #8351
powderjunkie
Franchise Player

Exp:

I'm not sure either side adds anything to a 1OA for Eichel swap?

NYR would certainly move Strome out to make it work...not sure he's what BUF would want or what they would add back to balance it (a 2nd?)
Old 09-28-2020, 12:46 PM   #8352
SuperMatt18
Franchise Player

Exp:

Honestly whatever the ask is for Eichel I'd do it

1st, Monahan, & Hanifin - sure count me in
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SuperMatt18 For This Useful Post:
Old 09-28-2020, 12:51 PM   #8353
Oling_Roachinen
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheScorpion View Post
Still I think Buffalo will finally exceed expectations this year. The thing that separates them from other perennial underachievers is they finally have a franchise defenseman who's only getting better.
Ah to be young and naïve.

I think you could find me saying something to the effect of this for the last...decade?

They have finally have an owner willing to spend. They finally have a franchise center. They finally have..NO! It's Buffalo, they suck and will always suck. Don't learn the hard way like I did.
Old 09-28-2020, 12:52 PM   #8354
Canada 02
Franchise Player

Exp:

Buffalo should ask for major cornerstone pieces for Eichel

Kakko, Fox, Shesterkin and 1OA
The Following User Says Thank You to Canada 02 For This Useful Post:
Old 09-28-2020, 12:52 PM   #8355
Aarongavey
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by samsaini View Post
I'm not sure of the perceived value of Ghost league wide but it could be a 2nd this year and Severson.
I think we would have to throw in more than our second round pick to offload Ghost if we had hime. We would probably have to give NJ our first round pick and Ghost to get Severson.
Old 09-28-2020, 01:01 PM   #8356
Vinny01
Franchise Player

Exp:

Bob sends out the first tweet then debunks the rumor by the last tweet.

Flames would have no chance to top an offer the Rangers could put together.
Old 09-28-2020, 01:04 PM   #8357
PaperBagger'14
Franchise Player

Exp:

I dont watch Buffalo at all, but is Reinhart really comparable to Gaudreau in terms of value + the pick swap?

Reinhart is a right shooting 2nd line centerman putting up 65 and 60 (prorated) point seasons the last 2 years. That really seems to be below what I'd be hoping for in return for Gaudreau.
Old 09-28-2020, 01:07 PM   #8358
Vinny01
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaperBagger'14 View Post
I dont watch Buffalo at all, but is Reinhart really comparable to Gaudreau in terms of value + the pick swap?

Reinhart is a right shooting 2nd line centerman putting up 65 and 60 (prorated) point seasons the last 2 years. That really seems to be below what I'd be hoping for in return for Gaudreau.
Even worse Reinhart is a winger not a center. I think the quality o prospect available at 8 is going to be significant over what would be available at 19.

Maybe the Sabres add more but Reinhart is a decent piece and only 24
The Following User Says Thank You to Vinny01 For This Useful Post:
Old 09-28-2020, 01:10 PM   #8359
VilleN
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by PepsiFree View Post
We can’t trade Lindholm. In terms of building a team based on the prettiest players (which I am a big proponent of), I consider him a franchise player and very difficult to replace.
Very interesting team building strategy, I too am a proponent. Do we take on Henrik Lundqvist's contract? Imagine that bone structure in our lineup... could really bump us up into one of the prettiest teams in the league... at least into the conversation. If we take into account Monahan's luscious locks, and if we moved Lindholm to centre that could be quite the attractive 1-2 punch (pun intended) - thoughts?
Old 09-28-2020, 01:11 PM   #8360
Canada 02
Franchise Player

Exp:

Reinhart has been playing on Eichel's RW
Closed Thread