Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Other Sports: Football, Baseball, Local Hockey, Etc...
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-28-2018, 01:22 PM   #1541
flames_fan_down_under
I believe in the Jays.

Exp:

Donaldson was starting to look pretty locked in at the plate too. Hopefully it’s nothing too serious, certainly hope it’s not one of those pesky oblique strains.

Last edited by flames_fan_down_under; 05-28-2018 at 01:30 PM.
flames_fan_down_under is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2018, 01:41 PM   #1542
Machiavelli
Franchise Player

Exp:

It's his calf again

Sanchez's struggles are so distressing to me
Old 05-28-2018, 01:46 PM   #1543
flames_fan_down_under
I believe in the Jays.

Exp:

He only walked 1 batter which is a positive, the 7 ER are not though.
Old 05-28-2018, 01:51 PM   #1544
flames_fan_down_under
I believe in the Jays.

Exp:

Bichette was 2-4 today as was Vladdy Jr who had a double.

Grichuk was 0-4!!!
Old 05-28-2018, 02:14 PM   #1545
GirlySports
NOT breaking news

Exp:

if you call up Vladdy you're just fine tuning him for someone else one year earlier.

GirlySports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2018, 02:20 PM   #1546
flames_fan_down_under
I believe in the Jays.

Exp:

So assuming JD hits the DL, move Martin back to third where I think he is better suited, call up Danny Jansen and get this guy groomed as our next every day catcher.
The Following User Says Thank You to flames_fan_down_under For This Useful Post:
Old 05-28-2018, 02:22 PM   #1547
Roof-Daddy
Franchise Player

Exp:

I wonder what kind of offers Jays management was getting for Donaldson last year?

Haha, screw that, I don't want to know.

How frustrating.

Kind of disastrous for Donaldson too so far.
Roof-Daddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2018, 04:06 PM   #1548
Roof-Daddy
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Gregor Chisholm

@gregorMLB
Donaldson doesn't believe the calf injury is serious. Said #BlueJays would likely give him a day off tomorrow but it will depend on how he feels. Similar issue to the one he had in Spring Training but different than last year's calf issue, which was in his right leg. This is left

2:32 PM - May 28, 2018
Old 05-28-2018, 04:19 PM   #1549
zukes
Nostradamus

Exp:

4 games under and people are saying season is over, lol. They started 12-5, this could just be a bad stretch. The season is so long. Three years ago they were 1 under and made trades and look what happened.

Fans in general want to blow it up and get prospects but then never want to waste said prospects. It happens in hockey too.
Old 05-28-2018, 04:28 PM   #1550
Roof-Daddy
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by zukes View Post
4 games under and people are saying season is over, lol. They started 12-5, this could just be a bad stretch. The season is so long. Three years ago they were 1 under and made trades and look what happened.

Fans in general want to blow it up and get prospects but then never want to waste said prospects. It happens in hockey too.

They could turn it around sure. Pretty unlikely though with the starting rotation in shambles and no Osuna to anchor the bullpen anymore.
Old 05-28-2018, 04:34 PM   #1551
Dan02
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:

I think what makes people think it's over is more that they look like absolute trash out there then their record. Their early season record hid some ugly truths about this team.

They're going to be battling it out with Baltimore for last in the AL East.
Dan02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2018, 04:41 PM   #1552
flames_fan_down_under
I believe in the Jays.

Exp:

Quote:

Fair. Obviously this season isn't lost and I am happy to remain optimistic that there is a chance they could turn this around just a couple things really stand out to me. Being 8 games behind the 2nd wildcard spot and having three teams in front of them, including the Angels and the Mariners who currently hold that spot, that's a big hill to climb.
Old 05-28-2018, 05:13 PM   #1553
Galakanokis
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

When 2/5's of your starting pitching has been absolute trash with two more barely above that you have to seriously think about throwing in the towel. I didn't have high hopes for the season seeing that there are teams out there that are vastly superior so I am fine with the trades starting any day now.

The timely hitting carried them for the first little while but you knew that would come back to earth. The pitching continuing to struggle is the most worrisome part. It's too bad but they have to take a hard look at rebuilding Sanchez. Something is really off.
Galakanokis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2018, 05:17 PM   #1554
Dan02
Franchise Player

Exp:

only 2/5ths?? That's generous. Some teams literally have #5 starters pitching better then our #2.
Dan02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2018, 08:16 PM   #1555
bluejays
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parallex View Post
Counter-point: In that situation you're now publicly paying millions of dollars to a guy that beat the #### out of the mother of his child.

Has there been any story about what allegedly occurred?
bluejays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2018, 09:36 PM   #1556
jayswin
Celebrated Square Root Day

Exp:

Quote:

2015 and this year is apples and oranges. Not even close. That was a team with star players at or just past their peak, then added an Ace pitcher and Tulowitski (who was still pretty great at the time). They went as all in as Rogers would permit (and AA's parting ways showed he actually likely went further than they wanted).

This is not that. This team wasn't going to do much this season and is looking pretty much correct right now. It was just a hot streak, and with that they're still 8 games out of a wildcard with three teams to jump.
jayswin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2018, 10:32 PM   #1557
Beninho
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by fleury View Post
I don’t think so, his first court date is on June 18th so we will see if any more info is released.
Beninho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2018, 10:59 AM   #1558
Parallex
I believe in the Jays.

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by fleury View Post
Officially no. Unofficially there was a guy on Reddit who broke that something was up with Osuna before the regular media got it and the word from him was that if an ordinary person did what Osuna allegedly did they'd be looking at jail time.

That's pure second hand information but given the reactions from all parties involved I think that's probably likely.
Parallex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2018, 11:05 AM   #1559
Inferno
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parallex View Post
Officially no. Unofficially there was a guy on Reddit who broke that something was up with Osuna before the regular media got it and the word from him was that if an ordinary person did what Osuna allegedly did they'd be looking at jail time.

That's pure second hand information but given the reactions from all parties involved I think that's probably likely.
There was also another person that said he "threw a few punches and threw her down the stairs". But like you said nothing official yet.
Inferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2018, 02:28 PM   #1560
Galakanokis
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan02 View Post
only 2/5ths?? That's generous. Some teams literally have #5 starters pitching better then our #2.
I didn't want to come off as too harsh but yes, outside of Happ the starting pitching has been terrible. Just an all round terrible start to the season with injuries and inconsistencies.
Galakanokis is offline   Reply With Quote