Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Fire on Ice: The Calgary Flames Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-01-2017, 02:35 PM   #101
VilleN
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cgycowboy View Post
we don't need to make the flames organization a retirement home. I don't even like Jagrs antics anymore. He doesn't seem like a guy willing to step in and give it his all for the team. Iggy still seems to have that fire.

Jagr's antics? Elaborate please.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
VilleN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2017, 02:49 PM   #102
VilleN
First Line Centre

Exp:
Default National Post - Jarome Iginla remains unsigned by choice

Dp
VilleN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2017, 03:45 PM   #103
Hockeyboy2
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by VilleN View Post
Jagr's antics? Elaborate please.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
He has a cat, his cat is a drunk cat, his cat may be the coolest large footed, richest, drunk cat ever. Oh antic shenanigans.
Hockeyboy2 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Hockeyboy2 For This Useful Post:
Old 10-01-2017, 03:48 PM   #104
Timbo
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockeyboy2 View Post
He has a cat, his cat is a drunk cat, his cat may be the coolest large footed, richest, drunk cat ever. Oh antic shenanigans.
Bad taste in tequila however.
Timbo is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Timbo For This Useful Post:
Old 10-01-2017, 04:00 PM   #105
Red Potato Standing By
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timbo View Post
Give the poor man a break,he is between jobs right now.
Red Potato Standing By is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Red Potato Standing By For This Useful Post:
Old 10-01-2017, 06:52 PM   #106
Young_Guns
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timbo View Post
I'm sure he could afford a mickey of Don Julio
Young_Guns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2017, 06:56 PM   #107
Strange Brew
Franchise Player

Exp:

Well I guess it is looking more and more like the end of the line for Iginla. Really thought he would be with a team by now for one last go at it.

I presume he would formally announce his retirement once all hope is lost.
Strange Brew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2017, 07:09 PM   #108
GullFoss
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strange Brew View Post
Well I guess it is looking more and more like the end of the line for Iginla. Really thought he would be with a team by now for one last go at it.

I presume he would formally announce his retirement once all hope is lost.
If teams said they wanted to give prospects a look before signing Iggy/Jagr/Gionta, then they likely wouldn't announce a signing until after final cuts are made - ie Monday or Tuesday
GullFoss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2017, 07:51 PM   #109
Stay Golden
Franchise Player

Exp:

Iggy had 27 points last season. After he was traded at the deadline to LA he scored more goals than any other King during that span. He is no longer elite but he is still a good player and would be signed but JMO he and Donny probably are asking around 4m?? Or maybe they wont come off of a 2 year min deal lol. Whatever it is GM"s across the league are not buying at that price. Iggy is still a good player no longer great but it's up to him to lower his price

Last edited by Stay Golden; 10-01-2017 at 07:54 PM.
Stay Golden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2017, 02:46 PM   #110
Machiavelli
Franchise Player

Exp:

Thank God

https://twitter.com/JasonGregor/stat...51273006424064
Old 10-02-2017, 09:42 PM   #111
rodszta
Draft Pick

is this the end of Iggy?
rodszta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2017, 09:43 PM   #112
rodszta
Draft Pick

will he sign anywhere?
rodszta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2017, 09:47 PM   #113
AC
Resident Videologist

Exp:

I think rodszta is trying to get to the post limit to sell tickets.
AC is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to AC For This Useful Post:
Old 10-02-2017, 10:28 PM   #114
Mike F
Franchise Player

Exp:

I don't want to drag any negativity into the Jagr thread, but I do think that Iginla would have been a better signing. As I look at the team's forwards, and particularly the first PP unit, the biggest thing missing is a guy who can power a shot through a goalie from 30 feet. Monahan has great hands, particularly in tight, but he's not blasting one-timer from the half-boards. And while Ferland has a great shot, he's far, far from a proven scorer as a professional.

Don't get me wrong I'm happy that Jagr signed, as an upgrade at RW was desperately needed. But I just don't think that Jagr's immense talents that still remain are an ideal match for the gaps in the Flames offensive toolbox. A guy who can finish from the outside is what the team needed and sadly I think they still do.

Last edited by Mike F; 10-02-2017 at 10:31 PM.
Mike F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2017, 10:34 PM   #115
PugnaciousIntern
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike F View Post
I don't want to drag any negativity into the Jagr thread, but I do think that Iginla would have been a better signing. As I look at the team's forwards, and particularly the first PP unit, the biggest thing missing is a guy who can power a shot through a goalie from 30 feet. Monahan has great hands, particularly in tight, but he's not blasting one-timer from the half-boards. And while Ferland has a great shot, he's far, far from a proven scorer as a professional.

Don't get me wrong I'm happy that Jagr signed, as an upgrade at RW was desperately needed. But I just don't think that Jagr's immense talents that still remain are an ideal match for the gaps in the Flames offensive toolbox. A guy who can finish from the outside is what the team needed and sadly I think they still do.
I would counter that Jagr is still effective on the PP despite not bringing the same toolbox as Iggy, and is overall a net positive when 5v5 play is considered.
PugnaciousIntern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2017, 11:24 PM   #116
Mike F
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by PugnaciousIntern View Post
I would counter that Jagr is still effective on the PP despite not bringing the same toolbox as Iggy, and is overall a net positive when 5v5 play is considered.
In what way? He's certainly no faster than Iginla, and I don't recall him becoming lauded for his defensive play later in his career.

I would think Iginla's ability to finish a play would be as big an asset beside Bennett and Versteeg as it would on the power play.
Mike F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2017, 11:39 PM   #117
dino7c
Franchise Player

Exp:

Jagr was a far better player than Iggy last season...that is why he had multiple offers and Iggy is likely done.
Old 10-03-2017, 09:04 AM   #118
GioforPM
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
In what way? He's certainly no faster than Iginla, and I don't recall him becoming lauded for his defensive play later in his career.

I would think Iginla's ability to finish a play would be as big an asset beside Bennett and Versteeg as it would on the power play.
He's bigger and better at protecting the puck down low. Iggy has a hard shot. But the slapper isn't the PP weapon it once was. Hamilton's wrister is as dangerous IMO.
GioforPM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2017, 09:16 AM   #119
camm13
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:

Versteeg.
camm13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2017, 01:37 PM   #120
GreenLantern2814
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:

Jagr was one of the best 5v5 wingers in the league last year. For all the talk of his decline, Barkov only played 61 games last year and Huberdeau played in 31.

Jagr at 44 wasn't suited to being his team's best player. Which he kinda was.

Iggy is not close to the player Jagr is at this stage of their careers. I'd rather have Iggy than Glass, but no way I want him over Jagr.
GreenLantern2814 is offline   Reply With Quote