Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Fire on Ice: The Calgary Flames Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-20-2019, 02:25 AM   #21
It's a great day 4 hockey
Backup Goalie

Exp:

I'm 48 and have a ticket stub collection of major sporting events and concerts that I've been to over the decades that has become pretty impressive.

A few of the best;

- 2012 Robin Williams in Calgary. So glad I got to see him live, even in a sit down conversation with moments of his stand-up routine. He was gone less than 2 years later.

- 1997 game four NBA finals, Chicago at Utah, Jordan on his way to winning 5 of 6 titles. Just Wow.

- 1999 PGA tour championship final round, Tiger Woods 4th tournament win of 6 in a row the first time he did it. It was also the tournament that Payne Stewart passed away flying to.

- 1986 NHL Smythe division finals Calgary/Edmonton games 3, 4, & 6

- 1989 Stanley Cup Finals games 1, 2, & 5

- 1998 Grey Cup in Winnipeg. Calgary beats Hamilton, the winning field goal with no time left to give Jeff Garcia his Grey Cup.

- 2004 Canadian Open, PGA final round where Vijay Singh beat Mike Weir in the 3rd hole of a sudden death playoff.

- 2004 World Cup of Hockey, Championship game. Mario Lemieux's last major win.

- Tom Petty, The Rolling Stones, Paul Simon, The Tragically Hip 3 times, Blue Rodeo 3 times, Paul McCartney, Guns N Roses, Madonna, Aerosmith, Judas Priest, Def Leppard, The Offspring, Bryan Adams, Metallica, and many more.

- Jerry Seinfeld, Steve Martin and Martin Short, Cheech and Chong, Andrew Dice Clay, Roseanne Barr, and Norm Macdonald.

I will truly miss adding stubs to my collection. It's a lifetime of unforgettable memories that will become a framed collage one day soon.

Last edited by It's a great day 4 hockey; 09-20-2019 at 03:04 AM.
It's a great day 4 hockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2019, 07:49 AM   #22
Split98
Franchise Player

Exp:

I was a fan of keeping ticket stubs as momentos, but definitely prefer e-tickets

But what if you could get bespoke design tickets in the arena for those who want the momentos? I was thinking of this a while back, and a kiosk that scans your ticket before printing will add authenticity over the generic tickets we see handed out now-a-days as keepsakes. Charge $1-$2, or sponsor it
Split98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2019, 07:56 AM   #23
habernac
Franchise Player

Exp:

I've got ticket stubs going back to 1980. I still choose that option when ordering concert tickets online. A few decent ones in my collection. I have two from the 1984 Oilers home Cup win. Last game at the Montreal Forum, first game at the Bell Centre.

I went to my first Patriots game in Foxboro a few years ago on an electronic ticket. One of the awesome season ticket holders made sure I got paper stubs from that game.

I've lost track of how many concert tickets I have. 7 different AC/DC tours. The Hip on at least 5 occasions. Definitely need to find a way to display them.
habernac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2019, 08:20 AM   #24
Inferno
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by habernac View Post
I've lost track of how many concert tickets I have. 7 different AC/DC tours. The Hip on at least 5 occasions. Definitely need to find a way to display them.
https://www.thatsmyticket.com

I ordered a concert and sports album from them years ago.

I too prefer paper tickets but if I were a season ticket holder I'd probably only save tickets for special games.
Inferno is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Inferno For This Useful Post:
Old 09-20-2019, 03:26 PM   #25
ken0042
Playboy Mansion Poolboy

Location: Close enough to make a beer run during a TV timeout
Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by IamNotKenKing View Post
Download it at your hotel and take a photo of it. Edit: Screenshot is what I meant by taking a photo.
We went to a game in Vegas. The QR code changes every 30 seconds; so that wouldn't work. Venues will need to have public wifi at the entrance.

Somebody from the Flames told me this will be the last year for paper tickets. Not sure how accurate that is.
ken0042 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2019, 03:17 AM   #26
The Last Jedi
Lifetime Suspension

Going paperless is fine by mean, the way of the future, but I feel teams and venus are missing out not offering a ticket printing service for those who'd like to purchase a hard copy ticket for their specific event and seat as a keepsake.

Go into the FanAttic, uh, I mean CGY Team Store, present your digital ticket and have directly printed with all the regular old school paper ticket design elements and the proper date, section, row and seat.

Also goes along with my idea of what the NHL should do with game pucks in the digital age.
The Last Jedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2019, 12:28 PM   #27
homestand
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ken0042 View Post
We went to a game in Vegas. The QR code changes every 30 seconds; so that wouldn't work. Venues will need to have public wifi at the entrance.

Somebody from the Flames told me this will be the last year for paper tickets. Not sure how accurate that is.
I would suspect that there will still be paper tickets for the suites.
homestand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2019, 06:03 PM   #28
stazzy33
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Got my Heritage Classic tights in the mail today and they are beauties! I hope some paper tickets never die.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
stazzy33 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to stazzy33 For This Useful Post:
Old 09-27-2019, 06:56 PM   #29
shogged
First Line Centre

Exp:

in the same way that vinyl records went out and then came roaring back as a premium product, I think paper tickets will eventually do the same thing. As was often stated during the arena negotiations, people are all about the experience now and I think that includes having a physical memento to go along with the photos and memories. Give it time and they'll be monetized and available once again.
shogged is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2019, 05:02 AM   #30
Yoho
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

I think there is too much potential for fraudulent resales with paper tickets. Secure electronically tracked tickets are here to stay.
Yoho is offline   Reply With Quote