Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Fire on Ice: The Calgary Flames Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-12-2021, 03:34 PM   #201
The Cobra
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 442scotty View Post
Flames look like they are running out of gas. Pretty tough when you actually work your butt off consistently for a change . Bunch of pampered puppies. Suck it up boys and pull your socks up. Mangiapane and a couple of others are making the stars look bad. I think they’ll bounce back.
They have had 1 bad game. Running out of gas?????
The Cobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2021, 03:36 PM   #202
The Cobra
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lanny_McDonald View Post
They are performing beyond expectations. Be happy. They shouldn't be where they are in the standings.
They may be better than what we expected, but make no mistake, they have earned where they are in the standings. They have not been lucky. They are driving the play in the vast majority of their games.
The Following User Says Thank You to The Cobra For This Useful Post:
Old 11-12-2021, 03:37 PM   #203
keenan87
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Cobra View Post
They have had 1 bad game. Running out of gas?????
Let's just forget about the game against the Sharks? Already a bad team + lots of their regulars missing. Playing them at home - they needed to win that game.

Also, a 2-2-2 record in their last 6 isn't just one bad game. It's worrisome and they need to get back on track right away
keenan87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2021, 03:40 PM   #204
djsFlames
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Still played the right way in most of those losses.

Played well vs Nashville and in the final 40 vs Dallas.
Played well in the first 40 vs SJ.

Yesterday they could've played much better.

These haven't been bad or decisive losses though. Just a few lapses that have burned them. Pretty confident it turns around.

I have complete faith in Sutter and you should too.
djsFlames is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to djsFlames For This Useful Post:
Old 11-12-2021, 03:43 PM   #205
keenan87
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by djsFlames View Post
Still played the right way in most of those losses.

Played well vs Nashville and in the final 40 vs Dallas.
Played well in the first 40 vs SJ.

Yesterday they could've played much better.

These haven't been bad or decisive losses though. Just a few lapses that have burned them. Pretty confident it turns around.

I have complete faith in Sutter and you should too.

Fair enough - I have faith in Sutter but not a ton of faith in this core. Let's see if they can get back on track with a win tonight.
keenan87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2021, 10:37 PM   #206
FlamesAddiction
Franchise Player

Exp:

Just like in past seasons, we're are seeing how bipolar this team is. They can be world beaters one game, and then can't even dress themselves the next. I have no idea which Flames team will end up dominating the season, but I am both intrigued and discouraged at the exact same time.

Last edited by FlamesAddiction; 11-12-2021 at 10:44 PM.
FlamesAddiction is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2021, 11:59 PM   #207
Sandman
Franchise Player

Exp:

I would rather see the team win rather than lose, but I'm just extatic to see a team with an IDENTITY. They work hard, move the puck well, play physically, and they might just be the toughest team in the league. For the first time in years, we look like a team playing a SYSTEM, with puck support. This is a squad built for the playoffs, much like the Kings under Sutter.
Sandman is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sandman For This Useful Post:
Old 11-13-2021, 06:53 AM   #208
The Cobra
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by keenan87 View Post
Let's just forget about the game against the Sharks? Already a bad team + lots of their regulars missing. Playing them at home - they needed to win that game.

Also, a 2-2-2 record in their last 6 isn't just one bad game. It's worrisome and they need to get back on track right away

You are making the assumption that the score is a reflection of how well a team plays.

It sometimes is, but is often not.

That why you need analytics to study whether a team is really playing bad. You need to look beyond the scoreboard.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Old 11-13-2021, 07:16 AM   #209
calgarygringo
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

I think they have been playing over their heads and now the reality of who they are is catching up to them. I have said before we are lacking pure goal scorers and that is showing. Even Sutter has mentioned that in a few of his interviews lately. He has even said that scoring pace of the first few games was never going to last. Until Tre finds a couple of scorers we are only going to be a mediocre team as we have been for years.
calgarygringo is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to calgarygringo For This Useful Post:
Old 11-13-2021, 07:28 AM   #210
Poe969
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Cobra View Post
You are making the assumption that the score is a reflection of how well a team plays.

It sometimes is, but is often not.

That why you need analytics to study whether a team is really playing bad. You need to look beyond the scoreboard.

It doesn't matter how well the team plays if they don't win, that's something parents tell their kids. When the playoffs start, you can't get in on effort without results. For too long this team and uts fans have looked beyond the scoreboard, hasn't done them much good.
Old 11-13-2021, 08:10 AM   #211
CsInMyBlood
Franchise Player

Location: F*** me. We're so f***ing good, you check the f***ing standings? Lets f***ing go! F***ing practice!
Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poe969 View Post
It doesn't matter how well the team plays if they don't win, that's something parents tell their kids. When the playoffs start, you can't get in on effort without results. For too long this team and uts fans have looked beyond the scoreboard, hasn't done them much good.
Strange way to look at it. Your team HAS to play well in order to get wins. Good play brings confidence. Sure you can win here and there when you dont deserve to, but that is never sustainable.

If you're playing well, the wins will come.

Backlund for Selke 2017 2018
Oilers suck.
CsInMyBlood is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to CsInMyBlood For This Useful Post:
Old 11-13-2021, 08:19 AM   #212
Flamesfan05
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Team overall is working harder

But lack of talent is obvious, especially on the defense

Carry too many useless plugs, when the top guys taking a night off, can’t score to save their lives.
Flamesfan05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2021, 08:41 AM   #213
Burning Beard
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
When the playoffs start there isn't any 3 on 3 overtime gimmick either... This team is a 5 on 5 team so that bodes well for them. This team is built for the grittier playoffs. Keep getting points in most games like they have been then go on a run.
Burning Beard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2021, 08:48 AM   #214
Flamesfan05
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burning Beard View Post
When the playoffs start there isn't any 3 on 3 overtime gimmick either... This team is a 5 on 5 team so that bodes well for them. This team is built for the grittier playoffs. Keep getting points in most games like they have been then go on a run.
What did Treliving add that make a team that folded easily to a gritty playoff team? Coleman?
Flamesfan05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2021, 08:55 AM   #215
SaskyFlamesFan
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flamesfan05 View Post
What did Treliving add that make a team that folded easily to a gritty playoff team? Coleman?
Sutter and his style
SaskyFlamesFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2021, 09:01 AM   #216
Burning Beard
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Is this some kind of troll? Look at the players added this offseason and the style they employ.
Burning Beard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2021, 09:01 AM   #217
Jiri Hrdina
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Coleman
Lewis
Gudbranson
Zadarov

Pitlick

And then the x-factor is Sutter himself.

Not saying I'm confident it will work, but there's no doubt the player additions made in the summer were to give the type of roster that is better suited to Sutter hockey.
Jiri Hrdina is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jiri Hrdina For This Useful Post:
Old 11-13-2021, 09:35 AM   #218
DazzlinDino
Franchise Player

Exp:

The reality is maybe that top-line just isn't good enough. Saw lots of overpassing in the offensive zone rather than pressing the play and getting quality shots on the net. Top line just isn't driving the bus.
DazzlinDino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2021, 01:54 PM   #219
The Cobra
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:

If a team is playing well, the wins will come. Calgary playing well in OT loses foretells a better future than winning and playing poorly.

Old 11-13-2021, 02:00 PM   #220
jlh2640
First Line Centre

Exp:

Their play at 5 on 5 has been great. But in the last week they have shown they are likely the same fragile team as always. I am very skeptical now, bubble team at best
jlh2640 is offline   Reply With Quote