- Flames win 6th straight
- points in 8 straight
- Talbot with the win again (solid)
- Depth scoring continues
Bingo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2019, 07:43 AM   #2
transplant99
Fearmongerer

Location: Wondering when # became hashtag and not a number sign.
Exp:

Quote:
Between said scoring chances was a lot of routine rubber, as the Coyotes out shot the Flames 48-29 (though don’t get me started on that tally, as I saw at least three occasions where shots were added when pucks hit players and went over the glass or wide), and was square to shooters, controlled in his rebound management, and solid.
Glad I wasn't the only one catching this stuff. It's truly unprofessional when you have off ice officials trying to pad stats for the home team like this. In the end though this kind of backfired on them as it did nothing but make Talbot's numbers look better on the evening, not that he needed it as he was damn solid.

And about your observations on Monahan....yes his production was down early on but I was really liking his game otherwise. He is way more engaged physically and his 200' game is on another level. I think he is starting to see the fruits of his labor start to take hold as when you play good defensively, you will always have the puck more which obviously leads to more offensive time/chances. I think we are just starting to see the finished product with him and it's going to be a really really good one.
Old 12-11-2019, 07:55 AM   #3
MrMike
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bingo View Post
Now holding third in the division, the Flames have a four point gap on the next closest Pacific team, the Vancouver Canucks, though Vancouver does have two games in hand.
Just fyi Vegas is right behind us with 37 points.

Thanks for the write up Bingo!
MrMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2019, 08:13 AM   #4
Roof-Daddy
Franchise Player

Exp:

Teams should be fined for padding shot stats like that.

It's ridiculous. Get a life.
Roof-Daddy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Roof-Daddy For This Useful Post:
Old 12-11-2019, 08:17 AM   #5
BigRed
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

"The playoffs have gone from perhaps doubtful to seemingly probable in just a few weeks."

Not to be a Debbie Downer, but maybe stick with "possible" until we get some separation. This team dug itself a hell of a hole and it's not out of it yet.
BigRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2019, 08:38 AM   #6
Textcritic
Acerbic Cyberbully

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRed View Post
"The playoffs have gone from perhaps doubtful to seemingly probable in just a few weeks."

Not to be a Debbie Downer, but maybe stick with "possible" until we get some separation. This team dug itself a hell of a hole and it's not out of it yet.
But the team is also easily good enough to make the playoffs. This is a case of them playing WAY below expectations and potential for weeks. I think it is “probable” now because the team looks close to how they should, and I think have still not yet hit their stride.

Quote:
Originally Posted by woob
"...harem warfare? like all your wives dressup and go paintballing?"
"The Lying Pen of Scribes" Ancient Manuscript Forgeries Project
Textcritic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2019, 08:49 AM   #7
Bingo
Owner

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Textcritic View Post
But the team is also easily good enough to make the playoffs. This is a case of them playing WAY below expectations and potential for weeks. I think it is “probable” now because the team looks close to how they should, and I think have still not yet hit their stride.
Yeah the base case was probable, not possible.

They moved into doubtful territory with the way November rolled out, but now they're righted that and moved back to probable.
Bingo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2019, 09:37 AM   #8
jaikorven
Scoring Winger

Exp:

I prefer probable, myself.
jaikorven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2019, 11:59 AM   #9
GioforPM
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roof-Daddy View Post
Teams should be fined for padding shot stats like that.

It's ridiculous. Get a life.
One one level I think "harmless", but on another it just pisses me off. I recall when Cal Clutterbuck was this amazing checking machine and every time he bumped into someone at home it was recorded as a check.
GioforPM is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to GioforPM For This Useful Post:
Old 12-11-2019, 02:50 PM   #10
Huntingwhale
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by transplant99 View Post
Glad I wasn't the only one catching this stuff. It's truly unprofessional when you have off ice officials trying to pad stats for the home team like this. In the end though this kind of backfired on them as it did nothing but make Talbot's numbers look better on the evening, not that he needed it as he was damn solid.
Ha! I thought I was on the only person who caught that. I remember my eye quickly glanced at the shot clock when the puck clearly missed the net and the count went up. Think it was shot 27 or something. I remember thinking "has this always been happening my entire life I've been watching hockey?". Funny how others saw it.

Does the arena shot tally somehow link to the SN broadcast in real-time? Or SN just adjusts at the end with the final count?
Huntingwhale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2019, 04:02 PM   #11
Strange Brew
Franchise Player

Exp:

Probable or possible is all eye of the beholder I guess.

Just like the team is no doubt better than they looked two weeks ago, I hate the idea of prognosticating in the middle of a win streak. I will say that it would be deeply disappointing if this team can’t finish top 3 in this division.
Strange Brew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2019, 05:19 PM   #12
Enoch Root
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strange Brew View Post
Probable or possible is all eye of the beholder I guess.

Just like the team is no doubt better than they looked two weeks ago, I hate the idea of prognosticating in the middle of a win streak. I will say that it would be deeply disappointing if this team can’t finish top 3 in this division.
Which is what the majority of posters were saying to start the season. There were some who were certain we would top the division. And some who thought we were a bubble team. But I think most of us thought somewhere in the top 3 (probably 2nd, behind Vegas, seemed to be a popular viewpoint).

And here we are, 30 or so games in, and that still feels right.
Enoch Root is offline   Reply With Quote