From the comments

"Switch is underpowered, graphics suck"
Nintendo: Get a better house.

lol
Old 10-05-2020, 06:45 PM   #2222
SuperMatt18
Franchise Player

Exp:

If anybody would have any interest in a V1 Switch with no dock (Switch w/ joy-con + Power Cable) shoot me a PM.

It’s the launch version of the Switch that can be modded / jail broken.
SuperMatt18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2020, 05:24 PM   #2223
OutOfTheCube
Franchise Player

Exp:

Heads up if you're going to get Monster Hunter Rise, Amazon has the preorder up for $10 off the regular price for some reason.

https://www.amazon.ca/Monster-Hunter...2112677&sr=8-1

Probably won't be like that for long, get it while it's hot!
OutOfTheCube is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2020, 02:29 PM   #2224
1_Flames_Fan
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

https://mobilesyrup.com/2020/10/08/n...-october-2020/

Some good first party switch games that hardly ever go on sale are going on sale for 30$ off. Good opportunity to pick any of them up if you are interested.

Mario Tennis Aces
New Super Mario Bros. U Deluxe
Splatoon 2
Super Mario Party
Yoshis Crafted World

Sent from my IN2025 using Tapatalk
1_Flames_Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to 1_Flames_Fan For This Useful Post:
Old 10-09-2020, 01:19 PM   #2225
wireframe
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Does anyone here play Splatoon? Send me a PM if you want to pair up in league some time.
wireframe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2020, 11:10 AM   #2226
Raekwon
First Line Centre

Exp:

I finally got into BOTW after starting the game multiple times since launch on the Wiiu and never got far at all. After about 30 hours this week I have 1 beast down and the map uncovered along with a bunch of seeds and shrines. I'm going to do a final push this weekend to at least beat it and see if it can keep my attention longer but i'm surprised I have made it this far as I rarely am able to keep playing a game without switching.

I have to think I would be further along if I actually liked riding the horses but its so bad that I just don't I walk/run everywhere and now with all the towers unlocked can at least fast travel a bunch. Cooking in this game is interesting but the lack of a cookbook drives me crazy but after figuring out the basics its not terrible and I understand why they have such a crappy cooking design. If you could just click cook multiple like many games your food stockpile would be so large that you could just pause/eat and almost never die.

Looking at the map I just recently noticed the hero mode which shows the entire path you took throughout the game and you can even play it and watch where you have gone on the map and when you die (which is often for me for some reason) I hope I can keep up this focus and actually beat some games from my backlog.
Raekwon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2020, 11:53 AM   #2227
TorqueDog
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by chemgear View Post
I would buy a Switch just for this alone and never buy another Switch game again. I've watched a few YouTube reviews on it and holy crap that looks amazing.
TorqueDog is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to TorqueDog For This Useful Post:
Old 10-23-2020, 05:18 PM   #2228
Mazrim
CP Gamemaster

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raekwon View Post
Cooking in this game is interesting but the lack of a cookbook drives me crazy but after figuring out the basics its not terrible and I understand why they have such a crappy cooking design. If you could just click cook multiple like many games your food stockpile would be so large that you could just pause/eat and almost never die.
At the least, you can look at food you've got in your inventory to double check the recipe if you want more. Otherwise food is very similar to weapons where they always feel in short supply. You're cycling through all your weapons and food regularly, which I've come to appreciate.
Mazrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2020, 05:22 PM   #2229
Wormius
Franchise Player

Exp:
Default Nintendo Switch Thread

There are a couple of special ingredients for stamina, health, stealth, temperature resistance, etc. Then you mix and match. I think there is s point where you get diminishing returns for adding more of the special ingredients.
Wormius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2020, 10:50 AM   #2230
Raekwon
First Line Centre

Exp:

Yeah once I got the hang of cooking it wasn't terrible just tedious. Weapons could last a little longer IMO or at least a bank that I can store good weapons in because getting all of the seeds is a little crazy also.

I finished the game this weekend and was grossly over prepared, I decided to just go take a look at Gannon with what I had on me which wasn't much and beat him with little effort. I switched to another game on Sunday and found myself wanting to go back and either play on Master Mode or something I never do and 100% it. Aiming bows with motion controls is super underrated and I think it should be a standard option for any game on any console. Considering checking it out on CEMU at 4k with RTS and reshade as it looks amazing.
Old 10-26-2020, 11:23 AM   #2231
Mazrim
CP Gamemaster

Exp:

Quote:
Weapons could last a little longer IMO or at least a bank that I can store good weapons in because getting all of the seeds is a little crazy also.
Technically you can store some weapons at the house you can buy in Hateno, but that's not much!
Old 10-26-2020, 12:23 PM   #2232
Raekwon
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mazrim View Post
Technically you can store some weapons at the house you can buy in Hateno, but that's not much!
you can buy a house? ok I need to go back and play some more I'm missing a bunch, might as well just start fresh and do master mode then.
Old 10-26-2020, 12:29 PM   #2233
Fuzz
Franchise Player

Exp:

You didn't get your house? Oh man, homeless Link is sad.
Fuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Fuzz For This Useful Post:
Old 10-26-2020, 12:33 PM   #2234
Raekwon
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzz View Post
You didn't get your house? Oh man, homeless Link is sad.
I've played before and for some reason unknown to me when I left the Shrine of Resurrection I walked right by the chests and played with no clothes until the first town when I bought some.

I'm bad at games in my old age, lol.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Raekwon For This Useful Post:
Old 10-28-2020, 12:33 PM   #2235
Raekwon
First Line Centre

Exp:

I started a Master Mode playthrough which is more challenging, brought my switch to work to play during lunch and Master Mode is not available without an internet connection . . . has to verify the account that bought the dlc. Thats pretty annoying.
Old 10-29-2020, 09:30 AM   #2236
JohnnyB
Franchise Player

Exp:

Anyone else tried the demo of the new Hyrule Warriors Zelda? My first time playing this style of game. Very different from a typical Zelda. It's like a fast-paced, Michael Bay version of BOTW. Not a game I would play if it weren't set in the Zelda world, but it is a fun addition to that world and cool to have another way to enjoy that world. I don't see it having much long-term replay value to me, but a nice interlude between BOTW1 and BOTW2.

"If stupidity got us into this mess, then why can't it get us out?"
JohnnyB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2020, 09:42 AM   #2237
Mazrim
CP Gamemaster

Exp:

Quote:
I started a Master Mode playthrough which is more challenging, brought my switch to work to play during lunch and Master Mode is not available without an internet connection . . . has to verify the account that bought the dlc. Thats pretty annoying.
You've gotta be kidding me. I kinda get it with the Switch Online NES and SNES games, but this a DLC you purchased to your account can't be verified once?
Old 10-29-2020, 11:11 AM   #2238
Jimmy Stang
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mazrim View Post
You've gotta be kidding me. I kinda get it with the Switch Online NES and SNES games, but this a DLC you purchased to your account can't be verified once?
Is it possible that you've got two Switches and you took the secondary one to work? I don't, but I recall reading this a while back:

https://www.reddit.com/r/Breath_of_t.../dlc_question/
Jimmy Stang is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Jimmy Stang For This Useful Post:
Old 10-29-2020, 11:51 AM   #2239
Raekwon
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy Stang View Post
Is it possible that you've got two Switches and you took the secondary one to work? I don't, but I recall reading this a while back:

https://www.reddit.com/r/Breath_of_t.../dlc_question/
I do have 2 switches mine which I modded and my kids which I use for legit games like BOTW so I have my account on there and bought it on there so yeah its possible they see my account as secondary on that switch.
Old 10-30-2020, 11:13 AM   #2240
peter12
Franchise Player

Exp:

I'm very late to the party, but I just bought a Switch and it rules.
peter12 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to peter12 For This Useful Post: