Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum > Tech Talk
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-28-2019, 12:33 PM   #1681
CorsiHockeyLeague
Franchise Player

Exp:

... Which has always been the case with their games, back to the mid 1990s.

Just shows how much Bethesda has neutered that series.

Incidentally, as time goes on, it may be possible to either temporarily boost those stats (for example, with drugs or equipment), or obtain benefits that permanently increase them. But base character attributes have never been changeable with leveling up. You build your character smart but weak, you get lots of dialogue options but can't carry big guns or move large objects out of the way. You build your character strong but dumb, well...

"The great promise of the Internet was that more information would automatically yield better decisions. The great disappointment is that more information actually yields more possibilities to confirm what you already believed anyway." - Brian Eno
CorsiHockeyLeague is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2019, 01:36 PM   #1682
TheIronMaiden
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by AltaGuy View Post
COD Modern Warfare out today. Looks pretty good from what I've seen. Anyone playing?
It is downloading right now, and I will play it tonight. I am not normally a CoD person. Still I haven't bought a 'new' game this year, and A friend and I paid for half each and game shared it. The other reason I bought it was because it is cross platform, a commercial success will help make this the future of all online games.
TheIronMaiden is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2019, 07:29 PM   #1683
btimbit
Franchise Player

Exp:

I wasn't sure if I'd like The Outer Worlds, last few games that were sort of similar I couldn't get into. But so far I'm really enjoying it.
btimbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2019, 10:44 PM   #1684
photon
The new goggles also do nothing.

Exp:

Yeah enjoying it so far. One of the things I like is it doesn't force you to always choose sides.. you can often find a way to bring the two sides together, or have them stop fighting, or whatever. Or you can hack the controls and turn the robots against the humans and kill them all.
Old 10-29-2019, 08:22 AM   #1685
Hemi-Cuda
wins 10 internets

Exp:

The best thing about Outer Worlds for me is a Fallout-type game without the Fallout-type engine. Playing on the Unreal engine instead of that hacked together piece of crap that Bethesda calls an engine is so refreshing
Hemi-Cuda is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Hemi-Cuda For This Useful Post:
Old 10-29-2019, 02:32 PM   #1686
Rando
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

The Outer World is a lot of fun. Great dialogue, wonderful characters, plenty of side missions to do.
Rando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2019, 03:12 PM   #1687
Ashasx
Franchise Player

Exp:

I like the Outer Worlds a lot but the colour palette and enemy designs just seem off. Something's not right. It's hard to focus on things. Everything kind of blends in? I don't know.
Ashasx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2019, 04:34 PM   #1688
btimbit
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashasx View Post
I like the Outer Worlds a lot but the colour palette and enemy designs just seem off. Something's not right. It's hard to focus on things. Everything kind of blends in? I don't know.
I kinda know what you mean. Kinda like a Borderlands colour palette but without the rest of the art style so sometimes it looks odd
Old 10-29-2019, 07:54 PM   #1689
CorsiHockeyLeague
Franchise Player

Exp:

Does anyone have an Alienware 51M? I'm trying to determine if the white colour is just going to get gross after six months. It's clearly snazzier than the black but given that the thing is intended to be an upgradeable machine it seems like maybe it won't stay that way.
"The great promise of the Internet was that more information would automatically yield better decisions. The great disappointment is that more information actually yields more possibilities to confirm what you already believed anyway." - Brian Eno
CorsiHockeyLeague is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2019, 12:52 AM   #1690
N-E-B
Franchise Player

Exp:

Outer Worlds is almost exactly what I’d hoped Fallout 4 would be. I liked FO4 but I would love to see Bethesda let Obsidian do another Fallout game. New Vegas was a masterpiece, and I’m really impressed with Outer Worlds so far.
N-E-B is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to N-E-B For This Useful Post:
Old 10-30-2019, 08:29 AM   #1691
Rhettzky
Franchise Player

Exp:

I'm really enjoying the decision making in Outer Worlds. I took my time in the first world and just got my ship going last night and the major decision you have to make was really interesting. Plus the reaction from my companion and some of the NPC's on the choice I made really added some depth to the game.

Spoiler!

This game is great!
Old 10-30-2019, 08:48 AM   #1692
MrButtons
Backup Goalie

Exp:

I am always into CoD as it's normally pretty fun but an easy way to shoot the sh*t with the guys. I played modern warfare a fair bit the past week and have a couple things for those who are hesitant (TL;DR - Campaign is amazing, multiplayer is strangely addicting.)

Campaign is the best thing I have played from that franchise in a long time. It is dark, cruel, and at times overwhelming. If price drops or you are fine watching playthroughs i would do this at a minimum. Send me a PM if you want to know more i dont want to spoil anything.

Multiplayer is completely different. Maps are refreshing and not "3-lane" like normal but the camping is out of control. Time to kill is quick and people hide a lot so there isnt fast paced action like normal which is annoying. Spawns are so bad and ruin the game at times. However, even as i adjust and play so bad, each gun has 60+ attachments and that is really what has been keeping me on for so long. You can completely modify everything about your gun and the UX is easy to understand.

I can't recommend $80 for this game if you don't like CoD to begin with, but if you're a fan of battlefield type play with a smoother, CoD feel i would go for it.
MrButtons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2019, 12:41 PM   #1693
Raekwon
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CorsiHockeyLeague View Post
Does anyone have an Alienware 51M? I'm trying to determine if the white colour is just going to get gross after six months. It's clearly snazzier than the black but given that the thing is intended to be an upgradeable machine it seems like maybe it won't stay that way.
I have the G3 in white and assume its the same material as the Alienware, it sure looks slick in white and I haven't noticed it looking bad but I have only had it for a few months and it doesn't get a lot of physical use its connected to the TV with Keyboard and mouse so not touched often.
Raekwon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2019, 04:23 PM   #1694
codynw
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by N-E-B View Post
Outer Worlds is almost exactly what I’d hoped Fallout 4 would be. I liked FO4 but I would love to see Bethesda let Obsidian do another Fallout game. New Vegas was a masterpiece, and I’m really impressed with Outer Worlds so far.

Microsoft owns Obsidian now, so that's never gonna happen.
codynw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2019, 04:40 PM   #1695
GreenLantern
One of the Nine

Exp:

Old 10-30-2019, 11:19 PM   #1696
N-E-B
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by codynw View Post
Microsoft owns Obsidian now, so that's never gonna happen.
That’s really depressing.
N-E-B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2019, 10:28 AM   #1697
PepsiFree
Participant
Participant

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenLantern View Post
Am I the only one who thinks this looks terrible? The mechanics look bad, the main character looks like a 12 year old, and it's just... ugh.

Looks super dorky (even in Star Wars terms). The 2000s had some good to great Star Wars games. Everything since has felt like hastily assembled trash. My inner child just wants a cool Star Wars game made at a time where I'm old enough to actually figure it out.
PepsiFree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2019, 11:28 AM   #1698
btimbit
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by PepsiFree View Post
Am I the only one who thinks this looks terrible? The mechanics look bad, the main character looks like a 12 year old, and it's just... ugh.

Looks super dorky (even in Star Wars terms). The 2000s had some good to great Star Wars games. Everything since has felt like hastily assembled trash. My inner child just wants a cool Star Wars game made at a time where I'm old enough to actually figure it out.
I agree. This just doesn't look interesting to me at all
Old 10-31-2019, 11:41 AM   #1699
ComixZone
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by PepsiFree View Post

The buzz around it as of late has been quite positive, so I’m looking forward to it. I hope it delivers.
ComixZone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2019, 11:47 AM   #1700
PsYcNeT
Franchise Player

Exp:

Will it have a multiplayer mode? All I want is a modern iteration of JKII:JO and I will throw money at it.

(Yeah I know you can play JO on Steam, but there's barely anyone playing anymore)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMastodonFarm View Post
Settle down there, Temple Grandin.
PsYcNeT is offline   Reply With Quote