Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum > Contests, Drafts, Trivia and Images
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-05-2016, 10:04 PM   #281
Mr.Coffee
damn onions

Exp:

Joe isn't getting any credit here. The entire point of his game is to go unnoticed and it's working and is hilarious. Does anyone think he'll be gone next week? I don't because all the other idiots will be worrying bout all the other idiots. But Joe just keeps being Joe. Hell he even got all pissy for no reason over the girls being useless tending the fire and it annoyed them, but there he was, still surviving.

I like how he just gives up on events, that is hilarious to me. And I bet he makes it to final 3. Hell he may even win this thing.
The Following User Says Thank You to Mr.Coffee For This Useful Post:
Old 05-06-2016, 07:08 AM   #282
Fuzz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Has anyone played the game like Joe and won? I can't imagine the jury giving it to him unless they really despise the other 2.
The Following User Says Thank You to Fuzz For This Useful Post:
Old 05-06-2016, 08:54 AM   #283
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

That's the thing, I really can't remember the last time someone won by being a hard camp worker, a coat tail rider and not making at least one independent move.

Usually they get the crap kickout of them by the jury.

Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!
Old 05-06-2016, 11:52 AM   #284
GreenLantern
One of the Nine

Exp:

Isn't that how Tina beat Colby in season 2? Just lurked in the shadows and let him piss everyone else off.

I feel like thats how Sandra won as well when she was allied with Russell Hantz. That is when the term goat became popular and people started losing respect for others who purposely brought weak players to the end.
Old 05-06-2016, 04:04 PM   #285
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

It could be, I don't know it Tina won based on using Colby, or the fact that her final speech to the jury murdered Colby to the point, iirc that if Colby lost that she'd buy him a motorcycle

Old 05-06-2016, 09:01 PM   #286
KootenayFlamesFan
Commie Referee

Exp:

Finally got around to watching it tonight, kind of amazed how dumb some of these players are being. Tai mentioned he had an extra vote and an idol. At that point wouldn't that set off alarms in Aubrey and Joe's heads? That's the exact moment I plan a blindside and keep Cydnee nice and close to make it 3 versus Jason and Michelle. But now Tai's guaranteed final 4 and who knows what will happen, even though his reputation took a big hit in that last tribal.

I liked Aubrey's game until the past couple of episodes, but I think she missed a massive opportunity last week when Tai asked he if he should play his idol. All she had to do was play dumb and say 'well, I think you're safe but you never know, maybe you should play it to be safe'. Now she has to wait another week to get rid of him.

And Joe is just a waste of a spot in the game, he's gone as far as he has because he's useless.....I don't think that's something that should be awarded in the game, I hope the show stops letting players like him in the game from here on out.
Old 05-06-2016, 09:18 PM   #287
Yoho
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

/\ Bang on, the "road kill" player each season needs to go
Old 05-06-2016, 09:32 PM   #288
mile
Franchise Player

Exp:

Joe is being viewed as Aubry's puppet by everyone else and hasn't played the game at all. He isn't a Tina or a Sandra, I think two were actively playing the game and were likable in the jury's eyes. I can't see Joe win over the jury like previous winners have - he's shown he isn't the most self-aware with all of his crankiness and bossiness around camp.

After how far Tai has fallen I think Joe is the only person he could beat.

Last edited by mile; 05-06-2016 at 09:46 PM.
Old 05-06-2016, 11:13 PM   #289
WhiteTiger
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by KootenayFlamesFan View Post
And Joe is just a waste of a spot in the game, he's gone as far as he has because he's useless.....I don't think that's something that should be awarded in the game, I hope the show stops letting players like him in the game from here on out.
How would you tell those kinds of players in advance, though? They probably thought that they hit on a gold mine with him. A former FBI agent? A really in shape older guy? You'd think he'd be a threat both socially and somewhat physically. Instead he's...just...there...
The Following User Says Thank You to WhiteTiger For This Useful Post:
Old 05-09-2016, 11:01 AM   #290
Weitz
Franchise Player

Exp:

I'm still hoping for Tai to win.
The Following User Says Thank You to Weitz For This Useful Post:
Old 05-09-2016, 01:21 PM   #291
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

I want a season called Survival Villains vs jerks

Cause there were some jerks that weren't villains they were just jerks.

And some villains that weren't jerks they were just villains

Old 05-09-2016, 01:35 PM   #292
Fuzz
Franchise Player

Exp:

They should do Survivor:Survivor. Uh, so it's like hardcore survival guys(and gals). No sissies. All alpha personalities, typically happiest worknig alone. It would be fantastic. Oh, and ridiculous challenges. They can handle it. No free rice, either.
Old 05-10-2016, 08:59 AM   #293
ernie
Franchise Player

Exp:

I still think Tai can get things back under control with some astute moves and get the win. He has been brutal the past few tribal councils though. Fatigue setting in? conflict with his moral compass? Who knows but I think he still has a chance...but he needs to get rid of Aubry and Michele I think. I think Cydney has been equally flip floppy so he may be able to win against her. Joe is Joe. He'll get his third place money. Though perhaps Tai can still win against Michelle as while she has been engaged in the game I think her game has been pretty quiet, shes at the bottom of the alliances (not leading) and won't get the recognition.

Last edited by ernie; 05-10-2016 at 09:05 AM.
Old 05-10-2016, 09:21 AM   #294
Fuzz
Franchise Player

Exp:

I think what you re seeing is that Tai doesn't actually have a moral compass. I know the type, pretends to be all altruistic, but when the rubber hits the road, is happy enough to do whatever it takes for #1, as long as he justifies it. You could hear it at one of the rewards...something about him picking up a sub..Oh, there is meat on it...usually I wouldn't eat it but it is tough out here. Shutup and stop making excuses and a show of it. It's how he justifies turning on everyone. "normally, I'm not that type of person". Ya, right. I don't believe that for a second.
The Following User Says Thank You to Fuzz For This Useful Post:
Old 05-10-2016, 11:01 AM   #295
killer_carlson
Franchise Player

Exp:

The best survivor season would be to bring out some of the most annoying personalities - Shambo, Coach, Debby, Phillip etc - and then have the other 9 people all have stopped their tobacco or alcohol addicition literally seconds before getting on the boat.

As they go through withdrawal, they have to live with extremely irritating people in harsh conditions. would be entertaining, but might lead to death.

In any event, I think Tai might get Scot and Jason's vote now because he used his advantage to try and save Jason but it didn't work. Yes he flip flopped, but he did tell Jason the truth at the point when Jason was most vulnerable.
Old 05-10-2016, 01:54 PM   #296
Parallex
I believe in the Jays.

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ernie View Post
I still think Tai can get things back under control with some astute moves and get the win.
Tai hasn't made really any astute moves the whole game. Why would he start now?

I've really soured on Tai. Like I said in another post he's basically Mr. Magoo'ing his way through the game. Seems like a nice guy but not a good Survivor player.
Old 05-10-2016, 04:55 PM   #297
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Eat the chicken eat the chicken eat the chicken.

You want to really unbalance him. Sit in the hut staring at him while gently stroking the chicken.

Then Snappo.

Old 05-11-2016, 07:26 PM   #298
bigtmac19
Franchise Player

Exp:

WOW!! That was unexpected
Old 05-11-2016, 08:21 PM   #299
Fuzz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Yup, changes everything, in a good way. Tai never gets to use his idol, and no one is safe. Aubrey might be in trouble, but she is pretty smart. Still pulling for my last Survivor Michelle, though. I think her best chance is to take Cydney and Tai to the end.
Old 05-11-2016, 10:01 PM   #300
mile
Franchise Player

Exp:

I think it's going to be a final two now, instead of a final three.

I can see any of the women winning (with Tai having the worst odds and likely goat in the finals). But after losing two of her biggest allies to evacuations, the story seems set up for an Aubry win.

Crazy how winning a reward went from being a huge accomplishment into being what kicks Joe out of the game. You just knew he was done halfway through the hour when they usually do the immunity challenge, but didn't.