Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum > Food and Entertainment
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-01-2015, 11:48 PM   #21
d_phaneuf
Franchise Player

Exp:

ya I think the social misfit can last long just be being a non threat

I think its a really good start to the season though, at least everyone in the house seems to be willing to play to win,
d_phaneuf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2015, 08:02 AM   #22
Erick Estrada
Franchise Player

Exp:

It will be interesting to see how Da'Vonne handles the first time when she goes on the block. I would expect some fireworks especially if she's up for eviction as she doesn't look like the type to go down quietly.
Erick Estrada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2015, 11:04 PM   #23
Flabbibulin
Franchise Player

Exp:

Pretty sneaky of Audrey to vote for Jackie there. Trying to make Austin a target. However, I think the players are smart enough to figure it out- even Jace called it fairly quickly in the interview. I like her, but she just talks too much. She seemed very mellow in the first episode, but just overthinks everything. Not sure she will get nominated this week though- think it might be 4 guys.
Flabbibulin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2015, 12:56 AM   #24
mile
Franchise Player

Exp:

Audrey is gorgeous. But doomed.

She looked like the lone outcast during the live show tonight. Wish the editing was better, seems like we're missing out on a lot of crucial moments that would explain that and some of the other votes tonight.

Still, I think this first week has been pretty good. Hopefully this doesn't become another "vote with the house" season.
mile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2015, 02:05 AM   #25
MrMastodonFarm
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

You know what I've never thought to myself? This could use more Kathy Griffin.

Enjoying the season so far, good collection of House Guests and I think the twin twist could be fun.
MrMastodonFarm is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to MrMastodonFarm For This Useful Post:
Old 07-03-2015, 07:16 AM   #26
Erick Estrada
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mile View Post
Audrey is gorgeous. But doomed.

She looked like the lone outcast during the live show tonight. Wish the editing was better, seems like we're missing out on a lot of crucial moments that would explain that and some of the other votes tonight.

Still, I think this first week has been pretty good. Hopefully this doesn't become another "vote with the house" season.
What's never shown on the Thursday eviction shows is that prior to eviction the house guests go around the house confirming who's getting voted out so that's why you see the unanimous votes for the majority of the season. Obviously they aren't going to show this otherwise it kills the suspense even though there rarely is.
Old 07-03-2015, 07:18 AM   #27
Erick Estrada
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flabbibulin View Post
Pretty sneaky of Audrey to vote for Jackie there. Trying to make Austin a target. However, I think the players are smart enough to figure it out- even Jace called it fairly quickly in the interview. I like her, but she just talks too much. She seemed very mellow in the first episode, but just overthinks everything. Not sure she will get nominated this week though- think it might be 4 guys.
She's playing too hard. It's going to be pretty obvious that Austin didn't vote for Jackie as there's no good reason he would do that in his situation. As you said if Jace figured it out within minutes I'm sure someone in the house will. She caught a break next week with two female HOH's as I expect mostly males going up for eviction although Sheli could look at putting Da'Vonne up seeing it's pretty clear Da'Vonne doesn't trust her with that scene where she melted down she insinuated Sheli told him to go in the room which was correct but pretty harmless.

Last edited by Erick Estrada; 07-03-2015 at 07:21 AM.
Old 07-03-2015, 10:20 AM   #28
Guest1

Every time the dentist talks I hear Bobcat Goldthwait's voice.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Old 07-03-2015, 12:33 PM   #29
Erick Estrada
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puxlut View Post
Every time the dentist talks I hear Bobcat Goldthwait's voice.
I can't believe this guy got through dental school as at times he comes off as a hyperactive, mentally challenged adult.
Old 07-08-2015, 08:53 PM   #30
Flabbibulin
Franchise Player

Exp:

Requesting someone on the block not to use the veto on themself is so dumb and annoying. Why do they even bother?
Flabbibulin is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Flabbibulin For This Useful Post:
Old 07-09-2015, 07:31 AM   #31
OutOfTheCube
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flabbibulin View Post
Requesting someone on the block not to use the veto on themself is so dumb and annoying. Why do they even bother?
Yeah and what a ridiculous insult. "Hey we've already used you as a pawn and got you to throw the BOB. Now that you've won the veto fair and square can you just make it a touch bit easier on us and leave yourself in danger?"

John may be a little odd but he's clearly not an idiot. The gall it takes to even ask someone to do that is huge.

I loved his response though: "Well then who do you suggest we put up as a replacement?" "...I don't care!"
OutOfTheCube is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to OutOfTheCube For This Useful Post:
Old 07-09-2015, 07:33 AM   #32
Erick Estrada
Franchise Player

Exp:

Does Audrey actually want to win the game? Her social game is so poor.
Old 07-09-2015, 07:41 AM   #33
OutOfTheCube
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erick Estrada View Post
Does Audrey actually want to win the game? Her social game is so poor.
Oh she's awful. Only way she sticks around is an HOH win. Even that might not do it as whoever is playing in the BOB might throw it just so it becomes an option to backdoor her.

The house will want a nice easy week next week and just band together to punt her out.
OutOfTheCube is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2015, 09:55 AM   #34
Weitz
Franchise Player

Exp:

I dunno I feel a lot of what Da is saying is true.

No one wants to be the person responsible for evicting the Trans-gendered person.
Weitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2015, 10:04 AM   #35
GoinAllTheWay
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weitz View Post
No one wants to be the person responsible for evicting the Trans-gendered person.
I don't get that sense at all. Seems everyone is 100% accepting of her and couldn't care less about her being transgender. I don't think that's weighed on their decision making at all.

I think it's more they find her annoying, sure, but she's not much of a threat so go for the one that genuinely is.

I don't get Da'Vonnes decision making at all regarding who she blocked from voting. Why would Clay not be one of the ones she blocked?
GoinAllTheWay is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to GoinAllTheWay For This Useful Post:
Old 07-10-2015, 10:53 AM   #36
MrMastodonFarm
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

There has been two people eliminated, both have made great cases why they should go by being annoying or bad players to in their own way.

Da'Vonne was trying to rationalise her eviction and why Aubrey stayed, and the transgender issue was never it.
Old 07-10-2015, 12:11 PM   #37
Weitz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoinAllTheWay View Post
I don't get that sense at all. Seems everyone is 100% accepting of her and couldn't care less about her being transgender. I don't think that's weighed on their decision making at all.

I think it's more they find her annoying, sure, but she's not much of a threat so go for the one that genuinely is.

I don't get Da'Vonnes decision making at all regarding who she blocked from voting. Why would Clay not be one of the ones she blocked?
Time will tell. But I think in any other game Audrey goes home. I also highly doubt Da would say that without there being some sort of idea like it floating in the house.

I think Da realized she wouldn't get the votes even with blocking key people, so she blocked neutral people to not let the cat out of the bag and endanger her friends games.

Last edited by Weitz; 07-10-2015 at 12:13 PM.
Weitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2015, 07:12 PM   #38
MrMastodonFarm
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weitz View Post
Time will tell. But I think in any other game Audrey goes home. I also highly doubt Da would say that without there being some sort of idea like it floating in the house.

I think Da realized she wouldn't get the votes even with blocking key people, so she blocked neutral people to not let the cat out of the bag and endanger her friends games.
Da's big mouth and not controlling her emotions did her in. She figured out the twin angle and instead of using it to her advantage spilled the beans to everyone.
The Following User Says Thank You to MrMastodonFarm For This Useful Post:
Old 07-10-2015, 07:57 PM   #39
Hockey Fan #751
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMastodonFarm View Post
Da's big mouth and not controlling her emotions did her in. She figured out the twin angle and instead of using it to her advantage spilled the beans to everyone.
Exactly. If you can get a twin on board, when they eventually both enter the house that increases your side of the house. Nobody seems to grasp that, though.
Hockey Fan #751 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2015, 08:15 PM   #40
mile
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoinAllTheWay View Post
At first I was confused about that too. Probably because it would remain a mystery as to who is blocking the votes. I think the three people she blocked were going to vote for her anyways. If she voted Clay it would have been obvious she got the 7th call, and she would have had an even bigger target on herself if she somehow stayed.

I don't buy Day's reasoning as to why Audrey is still in the house either. It has nothing to do with being transgender. She got way too confrontational, simple as that. As far as her knowledge of the twin twist goes, I think Day was screwed either way regardless of whether she told the house or not. As soon as she hinted at it to the twin the twin knew Day had to go.

Clay and Shelli are letting the power get to their heads. Not a great week for either one of them.
mile is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bb16 , big brother usa , houseguest