Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum > Food and Entertainment
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-30-2013, 07:50 PM   #41
VANFLAMESFAN
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Street Pharmacist View Post
100% agree. No one is auditing these results.
I get that it's pretty easy to assume CBS is doing that, but there's been so many America's Votes that went the obvious way because people chose the more popular way. I don't think CBS plays as a big a part as people make it out.

BB11-Coup D'etat went to Jeff, he was easily America's fav player. CBS didn't need to rig anything there.

BB8-the season of America's player-people hated the Dustin/Jameka/Amber side. They wanted Evel Dick to win. CBS didn't have to play a part in ensuring he remained in the game. I have a hard time believing the public didn't wanna see Dick get the best of those 3.

The only AMerica's vote that I have real issue with in that I had a hard time believing was Brendon being voted back in during Season 13. Julie did say the vote was really close, but I remember Dominic being really popular and he was a lot more likeable. I was pissed when he didn't get back in.
VANFLAMESFAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 01:03 AM   #42
D to the iddy
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

3 Showmances (1 all the way), racism, all houseguests in multiple alliances, and a lot of great looking women all in the first week!

This show is trash but I'm always addicted every summer. Looking forward to the craziness this summer!
Old 07-01-2013, 01:15 AM   #43
VANFLAMESFAN
Franchise Player

Exp:

Who had sex?
Old 07-01-2013, 01:40 AM   #44
D to the iddy
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

Here are the two update sites I get my Big Brother news from...

http://www.ihatebigbrother.com/

http://www.onlinebigbrother.com/

First one has the people who had sex. Don't want to ruin it with spoilers for people.
Old 07-01-2013, 04:48 AM   #45
Oling_Roachinen
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by VANFLAMESFAN View Post
I get that it's pretty easy to assume CBS is doing that, but there's been so many America's Votes that went the obvious way because people chose the more popular way. I don't think CBS plays as a big a part as people make it out.

BB11-Coup D'etat went to Jeff, he was easily America's fav player. CBS didn't need to rig anything there.

BB8-the season of America's player-people hated the Dustin/Jameka/Amber side. They wanted Evel Dick to win. CBS didn't have to play a part in ensuring he remained in the game. I have a hard time believing the public didn't wanna see Dick get the best of those 3.
While I wouldn't be surprised to see the voting results are legit, I disagree heavily with CBS not playing a huge part. First, the Coup D'etat was rigging the game itself and was obviously going to go to Jeff. He was, like you said, easily America's player. But he got that way with a good edit. He was a hot-headed very homophobic person, including saying gay people should not be allowed around children, and yet of course Big Brother never showed that towards the likely very liberal fanbase during his seasons. Same with a lot of the animosity that season stemming from comments of a contestant, who was in an alliance with Jeff, calling Kevin a beaner (despite not even being Mexican) several times.

Not much different with Dick. I think they could have very easily made him come across as a complete #######. Instead they would show something annoying from the other players (not hard to do when you have thousands of hours of footage), cut to Dick being a dick but throw in some rock music and just when it looks like he's crossed the line show him crying about his relationship with Danielle.

Far from the only players to get edits like that and of course CBC can't actually air Jeff calling someone a ###### and homo (a little bit because of FCC regulations and a little bit because they wouldn't have time to show anything else).

This video illustrates the editing tricks pretty good, skip to like half way through.

Spoilers for this season, a bit of a tie-in to what I said above:
Spoiler!

Last edited by Oling_Roachinen; 07-01-2013 at 04:59 AM.
Oling_Roachinen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 07:23 AM   #46
Hells Bells
First Line Centre

Exp:

Can't stand Aaryn after watching the 2nd episode. She seems like a spoiled brat.

I like Nick, McCrae & Amanda the most and also hope Jessie sticks around for a while.
Old 07-01-2013, 07:11 PM   #47
Erick Estrada
Franchise Player

Exp:

Man this is not the sharpest cast ever assembled and quite possibly the dumbest. Going to be interesting to see if any of these people can rise up to run the house.
Erick Estrada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 08:22 PM   #48
OILFAN #81
Everyone's Favorite Oilfan!

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erick Estrada View Post
Man this is not the sharpest cast ever assembled and quite possibly the dumbest. Going to be interesting to see if any of these people can rise up to run the house.
I agree that a lot of them (David, Jessie, etc) are not smart but there are some smart people too. Nick, McCrae, Kaitlyn, etc are smart. I'm going for Nick to win and think he very well could be the strongest player this year.

I will be at the LIVE tapings this week!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
OILFAN #81 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to OILFAN #81 For This Useful Post:
Old 07-01-2013, 08:44 PM   #49
VANFLAMESFAN
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Pretty sure that gets said every single season.
Old 07-01-2013, 09:20 PM   #50
OILFAN #81

Exp:

This is a spoiler so I will put spoiler tags around it, but all hell broke loose in the house today:
Spoiler!
Old 07-02-2013, 09:40 AM   #51
dammage79
Franchise Player

Exp:

Is that the dude with the terrible tattoos? Good, he wasn't so smart to begin with.
dammage79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 10:25 AM   #52
Erick Estrada
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Pretty sure that gets said every single season.
This season looks worse than average to me as you have the steotypical surfer dude who looks to be the dumbest male contestant ever and a bunch of girls that seem more interested in hooking up with guys than playing the game. So far (I only watch TV) there's only one group that has even talked about strategy/alliance. I'm sure that there's more they aren't showing but I feel this is a byproduct of a younger cast as older people are normally more focused on winning the money.
Erick Estrada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 03:36 PM   #53
Sidney Crosby's Hat
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
This season looks worse than average to me as you have the steotypical surfer dude who looks to be the dumbest male contestant ever and a bunch of girls that seem more interested in hooking up with guys than playing the game. So far (I only watch TV) there's only one group that has even talked about strategy/alliance. I'm sure that there's more they aren't showing but I feel this is a byproduct of a younger cast as older people are normally more focused on winning the money.
I actually like it better when a good handful don't really understand or care about the game. It makes them easier to manipulate so the real players in the game can work their magic.
Sidney Crosby's Hat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 12:09 AM   #54
OILFAN #81

Exp:

So David, Elissa, and Jessie on the block after the POV.

It's going to be close between David and Elissa going home tomorrow night.

I will be at the LIVE taping in the CBS Studio tomorrow!
Old 07-03-2013, 12:46 AM   #55
VANFLAMESFAN
Franchise Player

Exp:

Alright maybe Estrada was on to something. That was the worst spelling display I've seen on this show since they started doing those comps.

You're on the block and you come up with rafts? Really. And the girl who had tumbles, how about finding a "s" and makes it stumbles? That would have been enough to tie the lead.

And potroasts? Really?
The Following User Says Thank You to VANFLAMESFAN For This Useful Post:
Old 07-03-2013, 01:34 AM   #56
Hockey
Franchise Player

Exp:

I have only been watching Big Brother since maybe BB11 or 12, but is David the dumbest guy in Big Brother history?
Hockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 01:43 AM   #57
VANFLAMESFAN
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockey View Post
I have only been watching Big Brother since maybe BB11 or 12, but is David the dumbest guy in Big Brother history?
Definitely up there based on what's I've seen so far. Jordan was dumb but it wasn't annoying because she was so damn cute. And she won the game so she couldn't be that stupid.

There's been some other dumb asses as well in the past but David is pretty close for sure.
Old 07-03-2013, 01:55 AM   #58
Hockey
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Definitely up there based on what's I've seen so far. Jordan was dumb but it wasn't annoying because she was so damn cute. And she won the game so she couldn't be that stupid.

There's been some other dumb asses as well in the past but David is pretty close for sure.

Ya Jordyn was cute for sure. My wife finds it so annoying that Aaryn will go off on how gorgeous David is, but he isn't at all. His hair is just straight up terrible. I can't believe someone as cute as Aaryn is so into him.
Hockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 02:07 AM   #59
OILFAN #81

Exp:

No question David is not bright. Jordan who I loved wasn't either.......the telling time clip with her and Jeff made me lol.

Howie from season 6 and all-stars was dumb too. He put up his own alliance (James and Sarah) one season so Janelle had to literally follow him around so he wouldn't forget who to put up.
Old 07-03-2013, 02:24 AM   #60
Oling_Roachinen
Franchise Player

Exp:

Lawon's strategy was to ask his houseguests to evict him so he could be brought back in with a special mystery power. He needs to take the cake here, no?
Oling_Roachinen is offline   Reply With Quote