Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 03-03-2018, 11:48 AM   #6541
KTrain
ALL ABOARD!

Exp:

6 feet. Medium might work.
Old 03-03-2018, 02:00 PM   #6542
bossy22
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Large would be best. I'm 5'10 and I can make the medium work, but prefer the large. You can still try it to get an idea if you like. I know there are going to be some fatbike demo days with some stores coming up. Just don't know the dates yet.
Old 03-03-2018, 08:03 PM   #6543
Northendzone
Franchise Player

Exp:

K-train - I would imagine the suburban paths will be plodded by tomorrow afternoon.

I believe the lake mack residents association will plot some of the paths along the river, and the city will take care of the path from the bottom of the path by Mackenzie meadows golf course to and thru fish creek.

I would imagine that by mid next week the trails in fish will be packed down again.

Fatbiking is fun as long as you are not breaking trail. The times I have been riding when it is gently snowing is a lot of fun, and a very cool experience.
Old 03-05-2018, 08:17 AM   #6544
Bigtime
Franchise Player

Exp:

Cold morning but thankfully the Nose Creek crew did get out and plow the pathway, including Fox Hollow hill.
The Following User Says Thank You to Bigtime For This Useful Post:
Old 03-07-2018, 07:42 AM   #6545
Fuzz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Jeez, I go away for 3 weeks and THIS is what I come back too? My rear brakes frozen on, derailleur also refused to shift for a few minutes...Sides streets are nigh impassable. Did you guys not think to do ONE Chinook dance while I was away? Do I have to do everything? I'll do one right now, everything should be good by the weekend. Sigh.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Fuzz For This Useful Post:
Old 03-07-2018, 07:46 AM   #6546
Bigtime
Franchise Player

Exp:

My bike has been working fine, perhaps rewarding me for not abandoning it for sunnier climates?
Old 03-07-2018, 07:57 AM   #6547
Fuzz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigtime View Post
My bike has been working fine, perhaps rewarding me for not abandoning it for sunnier climates?
I did cheat on her a little...rode a few bike rides in Vietnam. Maybe payback? I'll lube her up good tonight, and she will purr like a kitten.
The Following User Says Thank You to Fuzz For This Useful Post:
Old 03-07-2018, 07:59 AM   #6548
Bigtime
Franchise Player

Exp:

Hawt.
Old 03-07-2018, 08:30 AM   #6549
habernac
Franchise Player

Exp:

I finally got my fat ass back on the bike this morning. New chain and rear cogs, but I got to listen as my bottom bracket slowly disintegrates. Sigh. Wish I was a better bike mechanic.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to habernac For This Useful Post:
Old 03-08-2018, 12:51 PM   #6550
Northendzone
Franchise Player

Exp:

since the calendar has flipped to march, it si time to start thinking about upgrades for this year. so for my commuter, I am going to install a 35mm carbon handlebar from my mtn bike (I bought a new riser bar for both it and my fattie) and I am going to upgrade my brakes from the avid 3's to LX's or possibly XT's and go with 180 mm disc's.

I'd like to go with XT's as my other bikes are both XT's and I like the brakes and it will be nice to only have to stock one type of pad. of course at the end of the day, cost could drive me to LX. I just want to have something with adjustable reach.

After a rear shock "upgrade" (I now am running a cane creek) on my thunderbolt last summer, my only upgrade for this rig will be replacing the front skewer with a thru bolt axle (~$40 from Wolftooth).

of course other upgrades could be justified, if the right sale comes along
Old 03-10-2018, 07:41 AM   #6551
81MC
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Anyone ride Fish Creek lately? I imagine it’s a bit sloppy, but with the cold overnight is it in ice rink? I’d like to take a friend, if it’s worth it.
Old 03-11-2018, 12:01 PM   #6552
squiggs96
Franchise Player

Exp:

I am looking to buy an Evoc bike travel bag. I figured they’d be like treadmills where people buy them and then realize they don’t use them, so they sell them at a discount. Surprisingly I can’t find many used ones. What is shocking to me is how much people still value the used ones. The ones I can find are almost full price. Maybe it’s a supply reason, but I expected used ones to go for much less.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bingo View Post
Jesus this site these days
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barnet Flame View Post
He just seemed like a very nice person. I loved Squiggy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dissentowner View Post
I should probably stop posting at this point
Old 03-11-2018, 04:34 PM   #6553
Northendzone
Franchise Player

Exp:

^ to me quality outdoor gear like this bike bag, or a bike rack, or a ski box that have been taken care of will likely sell for as much as 80% or more of retail.

If I was at a desktop, I would embed a YouTube clip from taken where Neeson gets the guy to read good luck.....
Old 03-11-2018, 05:59 PM   #6554
Khel
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by squiggs96 View Post
I am looking to buy an Evoc bike travel bag. I figured they’d be like treadmills where people buy them and then realize they don’t use them, so they sell them at a discount. Surprisingly I can’t find many used ones. What is shocking to me is how much people still value the used ones. The ones I can find are almost full price. Maybe it’s a supply reason, but I expected used ones to go for much less.
The Evoc bags are awesome. I've gotten alot of use out of mine, and I can definitely see those being snatched up quickly and at almost full price. Watch probikekit.ca, I got mine for a wicked deal off that site.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Khel For This Useful Post:
Old 03-11-2018, 09:26 PM   #6555
bossy22
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

I have the Evoc bag and love it. We've used it a few times. One trip we did a to Sedona. 4 of use had Evoc bags, and one person had a cheaper hardcase. The only bike that had any damage was the one in the hardcase.
The Following User Says Thank You to bossy22 For This Useful Post:
Old 03-14-2018, 12:57 PM   #6556
squiggs96
Franchise Player

Exp:

I am going to upgrade the components on my 2011 Cervelo R3. The bike is a 2x10 set up with SRAM Rival. I wanted to upgrade the shifters and crankset to SRAM Red, but it's so tough to find the crank in my size (10 speed 172.5 mm 50/34T). Since most bikes are now built with a 2x11 set up, I'm not sure many manufacturers are turning out new 2x10 parts. The SRAM Reds, if found, are 2013 parts.

As such, I'm going to convert my bike to a 2x11 set up. I already have Shimano C24 wheels that can handle 10 or 11 speeds, so that isn't a worry. I looked into getting the SRAM Red groupset, but it's $2,600. I don't need everything in Red, but ordering SRAM products to North America is way more difficult than it was a year or two ago. Since I'm switching everything, I'm going to go with Shimano. I like the feel of the shifters better anyways, so I'm going with a combination of Ultegra and Dura Ace components. The LBS I go to in Vancouver (also where I bought the bike) quoted me $400 to put everything on, but it also seemed like I'd have to buy the parts there. I got a quote from another place and it was $189, and they basically build the bike from scratch. I don't need to buy the parts there either, so I can get them from probikekit.ca.

As I intend to put many kilometers on my legs this year, I'm pretty excited about the switch.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to squiggs96 For This Useful Post:
Old 03-14-2018, 01:09 PM   #6557
habernac
Franchise Player

Exp:

Still pedaling along on my slowly disintegrating bottom bracket waiting for actual spring to get here. So bummed about the snow forecast for the next couple of days.
The Following User Says Thank You to habernac For This Useful Post:
Old 03-14-2018, 01:26 PM   #6558
Northendzone
Franchise Player

Exp:

squiggs - I went over to visit probikekit and ugh, what has been seen cannot be unseen as it is all roadie stuff........

have you tried to work out a deal with the LBS you bought your rig from. I have stuck with buying all my bikes and some accessories at the cyclepath south store here in calgary and I get at least 18% off almost everything and that generally brings the price down to very close to Jenson.
Old 03-14-2018, 02:41 PM   #6559
squiggs96
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northendzone View Post
squiggs - I went over to visit probikekit and ugh, what has been seen cannot be unseen as it is all roadie stuff........

have you tried to work out a deal with the LBS you bought your rig from. I have stuck with buying all my bikes and some accessories at the cyclepath south store here in calgary and I get at least 18% off almost everything and that generally brings the price down to very close to Jenson.
I had not. I will look into it. I do try and support the locals, but when price is quite different, I go outside. If price is close, or just slightly more, I buy local.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
The Following User Says Thank You to squiggs96 For This Useful Post:
Old 03-14-2018, 05:07 PM   #6560
Ironhorse
Franchise Player

Exp:

I looked at upgrading my wife's bike to a 105 groupset, and it is half the price online of what the LBS wanted just for parts. The LBS are not doing themselves any favours with that kind of markup.
Closed Thread