Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 10-20-2018, 08:01 PM   #61
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Bottom line. The offense stunk for too much of the game, the Stamps are trying to get some chemistry with a patchwork receiving core.

Devone Claybooks called a bad game, the defense played like trash tonight, and Claybrooks was badly outcoached by MCadoo which is embarressing.

Special teams outside of the return was pathetic.

I hate losing to the Riders, especially when they're playing like dirtbags all game long. But at the same time I don't mind this because the Stamps won't go into the playoffs with egos.

Etem should be suspended not fined, that was incredibly dirty, and my guess deliberate to take out a Stamps receivers before a hail mary.

Circle the Calendar Riders hopefully we see you in the Western Finals to pay you back.

Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!
CaptainCrunch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to CaptainCrunch For This Useful Post:
Old 10-20-2018, 08:07 PM   #62
dash_pinched
Franchise Player

Exp:

I think my biggest concern is the Stamps run defense, that's two weeks in a row that they have allowed way too many yards along the ground.
dash_pinched is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2018, 08:09 PM   #63
midniteowl
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by dash_pinched View Post
Mike Edem is going to be a little lighter in the wallet.
How much lighter, $50?
Old 10-20-2018, 08:14 PM   #64
Erick Estrada
Franchise Player

Exp:

Stamps are in trouble. The run defense is starting to leak and the offense is a mess. The offensive play calling hasn't been very good as the runs are telegraphed and his play calling is a reason they started so slowly on offense tonight. Bad time of the year to slump but maybe some adversity will be good for this team.
Erick Estrada is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Erick Estrada For This Useful Post:
Old 10-20-2018, 08:14 PM   #65
Strange Brew
Franchise Player

Exp:

The INT in the end zone was rather unforgivable. With all that time, you launch it forty yards into tight coverage?

Lots of other reasons they lost but that was big.

Hipefully going into the playoffs like this is going to work out better.
Strange Brew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2018, 08:15 PM   #66
Flickered Flame
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

The two best games Collaros has played this year have been against the Stamps. That said, the defense was awful tonight but the pick in the end zone really changed the game.
Flickered Flame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2018, 08:21 PM   #67
chedder
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strange Brew View Post
The INT in the end zone was rather unforgivable. With all that time, you launch it forty yards into tight coverage?

Lots of other reasons they lost but that was big.

Hipefully going into the playoffs like this is going to work out better.
Unfortunately, that's what Mitchell does. If he doesn't have his one target open, he forces it. Usually with terrible results.
chedder is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2018, 08:25 PM   #68
chummer
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erick Estrada View Post
Stamps are in trouble. The run defense is starting to leak and the offense is a mess. The offensive play calling hasn't been very good as the runs are telegraphed and his play calling is a reason they started so slowly on offense tonight. Bad time of the year to slump but maybe some adversity will be good for this team.

Lol, they're not in trouble, they'll clinch 1st.

See you November 18th.
chummer is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to chummer For This Useful Post:
Old 10-20-2018, 08:34 PM   #69
TheAlpineOracle
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

I’ve really had it with Dickenson running the ball each and every time in first down. Also, I know we have a ridiculous amount of injured receivers but there is still talent out there (Rogers, Matthews, Brescasin). Mitchell is locking on to one receiver badly.

I won’t even touch the defence. That was just brutal. Micah Johnson needs to get his emotions in check. Too many selfish penalties for my liking.
TheAlpineOracle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2018, 09:19 PM   #70
dino7c
Franchise Player

Exp:

Stamps have a ton of injuries and a play terrible...yet lose to the supposed second best team by a few points

They gotta win two playoff games to get a championship, I will take it...honestly its better than coasting
Old 10-20-2018, 09:20 PM   #71
White Out 403
Franchise Player

Exp:

I think it's perfectly reasonable to predict any of Calgary Saskatchewan BC or Winnipeg to come out of the West for the Grey Cup
White Out 403 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2018, 09:50 PM   #72
dirk diggler
First Line Centre

Exp:

worst performance by a stamps d in a long time. they made Collaros look like Joe Montana out there. really pathetic performance
dirk diggler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2018, 11:30 AM   #73
Erick Estrada
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAlpineOracle View Post
I’ve really had it with Dickenson running the ball each and every time in first down. Also, I know we have a ridiculous amount of injured receivers but there is still talent out there (Rogers, Matthews, Brescasin). Mitchell is locking on to one receiver badly.

I won’t even touch the defence. That was just brutal. Micah Johnson needs to get his emotions in check. Too many selfish penalties for my liking.
I laughed on their opening drive where they ran the ball up the middle into the waiting arms of Rider defenders. It's like he doesn't even try to hide his tendancies and isn't interested in moving the ball early as he tries way to hard to force the run when it's not happening. This offensive line isn't good enough at run blocking where you can just telegraph runs especially those 2nd down runs that didn't fool the Riders at all.
Old 10-21-2018, 11:31 AM   #74
Erick Estrada
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by chummer View Post
Lol, they're not in trouble, they'll clinch 1st.

See you November 18th.
To face a Riders team that has manhandled them in 2/3 games? Where Jones and his staff has clearly outreached Dickenson and his staff. Yeah see you there. I'm not exactly sure the Stamps will win either of their last two games on the road against teams that are more desperate than them. The Lions manhandled them last week as these losses of late really haven't been as close as the scores would indicate. I think the Riders have a good chance of claiming 1st as the Stampeders are playing bad ball right now and I don't think the offense will get back to where they were earlier in the season with this receiver group.

Last edited by Erick Estrada; 10-21-2018 at 11:33 AM.
Old 10-21-2018, 11:39 AM   #75
dash_pinched
Franchise Player

Exp:

Is it just me or do the Stamps not use the screen pass as much as other teams? I think it could be an effective play especially with the ability that Don Jackson has to make opposing tacklers miss in the open field.
dash_pinched is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2018, 11:50 AM   #76
Erick Estrada
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by dash_pinched View Post
Is it just me or do the Stamps not use the screen pass as much as other teams? I think it could be an effective play especially with the ability that Don Jackson has to make opposing tacklers miss in the open field.
They tried one yesterday and it got blown up for a loss. Dickenson's never been good at drawing them up and the receivers and OL have never been good at blocking them. It would be happy if they don't call another one all season based on how poor the execution has been on them more than not.
Old 10-21-2018, 03:08 PM   #77
RogerWilco
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
To face a Riders team that has manhandled them in 2/3 games? Where Jones and his staff has clearly outreached Dickenson and his staff. Yeah see you there. I'm not exactly sure the Stamps will win either of their last two games on the road against teams that are more desperate than them. The Lions manhandled them last week as these losses of late really haven't been as close as the scores would indicate. I think the Riders have a good chance of claiming 1st as the Stampeders are playing bad ball right now and I don't think the offense will get back to where they were earlier in the season with this receiver group.
The riders played one good game after putting up ZERO points against BC the week before. They are not world beaters. The stamps have something to play for and a couple more games to figure out the new receivers. I think they will be fine.
RogerWilco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2018, 03:09 PM   #78
TheAlpineOracle
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
I laughed on their opening drive where they ran the ball up the middle into the waiting arms of Rider defenders. It's like he doesn't even try to hide his tendancies and isn't interested in moving the ball early as he tries way to hard to force the run when it's not happening. This offensive line isn't good enough at run blocking where you can just telegraph runs especially those 2nd down runs that didn't fool the Riders at all.
Yup. I sit in section I and there are growing amounts of audible growns and complaining each time he does it.
TheAlpineOracle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2018, 09:40 AM   #79
MissTeeks
Franchise Player

Exp:

Such a disappointing game. But it was really cool when Cuthbert wished my Grandpa happy birthday at the end of half time!

Pain heals. Chicks dig scars. Glory... lasts forever.
MissTeeks is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to MissTeeks For This Useful Post: