Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 09-26-2019, 02:30 PM   #61
Wormius
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Yeller View Post
I didn't think I needed a toilet seat with a wireless remote control, but I think I've been wrong all this time.

The remote control had me wondering if it would be funny to prank unsuspecting guests, but on reflection that would probably be really creepy and some kind of new precendent setting type of assault.
Wormius is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Wormius For This Useful Post:
Old 09-26-2019, 02:38 PM   #62
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wormius View Post
The whole experience is kind of similar to first using them in Japan. Just pressing buttons on the remote until something happens.
It has a remote?

Is that so you can activate it while someone else is on it? Does this thing have an 'Ashton Kutcher' setting?

"You've been Punk'd! Also your butt is wet."

This Post Has Been Distilled for the Eradication of Seemingly Incurable Sadness.

If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a Fire Exit. - Mitch Hedberg
Locke is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2019, 02:50 PM   #63
Sliver
evil of fart

Exp:

Hey Wormius - does it default to butt cleaning after every use? I get annoyed when I use mine and it was left in "woman mode" from the last user. An unexpected shot of water to the nutsack is the worst.
Sliver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2019, 02:55 PM   #64
Wormius
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sliver View Post
Hey Wormius - does it default to butt cleaning after every use? I get annoyed when I use mine and it was left in "woman mode" from the last user. An unexpected shot of water to the nutsack is the worst.

It is supposed to let you to set up 2 different user profiles, but I haven't gotten that far to programming it yet. I know htat one side of the remote lets you manually control each stage and the other is a pre-programmed sequence of wash/dry/etc.
Old 09-26-2019, 03:10 PM   #65
Sliver
evil of fart

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wormius View Post
It is supposed to let you to set up 2 different user profiles, but I haven't gotten that far to programming it yet. I know htat one side of the remote lets you manually control each stage and the other is a pre-programmed sequence of wash/dry/etc.
OMG. That's so cool.
Old 09-27-2019, 08:46 AM   #66
Raekwon
First Line Centre

Exp:

Mine has been in for about 3 months, I'm not super impressed with it and it doesn't get used nearly enough to warrant my fears of the water line cracking and flooding the place. I think I'm going to remove it and maybe buy a toilet with one built in.
Raekwon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2019, 08:55 AM   #67
Slava
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raekwon View Post
Mine has been in for about 3 months, I'm not super impressed with it and it doesn't get used nearly enough to warrant my fears of the water line cracking and flooding the place. I think I'm going to remove it and maybe buy a toilet with one built in.
At least daily? You might want to see a doctor...
Slava is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2019, 09:07 AM   #68
Raekwon
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slava View Post
At least daily? You might want to see a doctor...
LMAO, I grew up in a family of 6 with 1 bathroom I spread my time out now with 3 bathrooms in our house, also I think its needs a blower installed also of some sort.
Raekwon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2019, 01:07 PM   #69
Titan
First Line Centre

Exp:
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sliver View Post
An unexpected shot of water to the nutsack is the worst.

Almost signature-worthy. Almost.
Titan is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Titan For This Useful Post:
Old 09-27-2019, 01:21 PM   #70
Wormius
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Titan View Post

Almost signature-worthy. Almost.

Personally, I think an expected shot of water to the nutsack would be much worse than an unexpected one.
Old 09-27-2019, 02:33 PM   #71
DownhillGoat
Franchise Player

Exp:

Brondell on sale at Costco. Shame I don't have a plug in where I want to install it.

https://www.costco.ca/Brondell-SE400...100412705.html
DownhillGoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2019, 02:56 PM   #72
CaptainYooh
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by DownhillGoat View Post
Brondell on sale at Costco. Shame I don't have a plug in where I want to install it. ...
Yeah, this is definitely a more expensive thing than just a bidet purchase. You don't see electric wall outlets in washrooms other than the one above the sink for hairdryers and shavers? Depending on the wall wiring, adding a plug behind a toilet can cost $200-$300 easily when you factor in electrician's time and wall repairs.
Old 09-27-2019, 03:20 PM   #73
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raekwon View Post
LMAO, I grew up in a family of 6 with 1 bathroom I spread my time out now with 3 bathrooms in our house, also I think its needs a blower installed also of some sort.
I dont know whats stranger....bathroom-rotation as an impending pseudo-science or a toilet with a 'blower.'

This Post Has Been Distilled for the Eradication of Seemingly Incurable Sadness.

If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a Fire Exit. - Mitch Hedberg
Locke is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2019, 04:14 PM   #74
Sliver
evil of fart

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Locke View Post
I dont know whats stranger....bathroom-rotation as an impending pseudo-science or a toilet with a 'blower.'
Have something against blumpkins?
Old 05-16-2020, 07:50 PM   #75
annasuave
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Following in Sliver's footsteps, I've been thinking lately about taking the plunge and getting a toilet-seat bidet. For those that have already done so, do you have any recommendations for brands and features? How complicated was the installation?

I understand that you can get options like warm-water wash and front-washing capabilities for the lady-folks. Worth it? Yes/no?
annasuave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2020, 09:28 PM   #76
Wormius
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by annasuave View Post
Following in Sliver's footsteps, I've been thinking lately about taking the plunge and getting a toilet-seat bidet. For those that have already done so, do you have any recommendations for brands and features? How complicated was the installation?

I understand that you can get options like warm-water wash and front-washing capabilities for the lady-folks. Worth it? Yes/no?

Get something with the blow dryer. I don’t know how people use them without.

We got a couple of Biobidet USPA6800U (https://biobidet.com/products/uspa-6800u) from Costco when they are on sale. It does everything. I don’t think they are stocking it now, but I saw some similar product in store a couple of weeks ago.

Installation was pretty easy. Make sure to buy the right shape for your toilet bowl (round can elongated). Have some teflon tape on hand, otherwise the connections leak. Keep the old toilet seat and lid in case you ever sell the house and want to take the bidet with you. I would.

Feature-wise, definitely get heated water and one and the dryer. I didn’t care too much about the heated seat, but the warm water is great. I think I would prefer a more power dryer. It takes a little too long on this one. Remote is nice, armrest controls look like they take up space, especially when the toilet is in tight spot.
Old 05-16-2020, 10:16 PM   #77
I-Hate-Hulse
Franchise Player

Exp:

Most bathrooms only have an outlet next to the sink - are y'all installing new outlets for these?
I-Hate-Hulse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2020, 10:50 PM   #78
Wormius
Franchise Player

Exp:
Default Toilet Seat Bidet

Quote:
Originally Posted by I-Hate-Hulse View Post
Most bathrooms only have an outlet next to the sink - are y'all installing new outlets for these?

Nope. Our sink outlet locations worked out. Toilets are relatively close and on the same side of bathroom where the outlet is, so it doesn’t look bad.

In our master bath, we don’t really care how it looks too much since other stuff is plugged in (toothbrushes, waterpik) so it doesn’t look any worse off.

In our guest bath, we have a floating sink/vanity and the cord runs underneath, so it isn’t noticeable until it pops up along the wall to the outlet. We picked up a short grey extension cord with a right-angle end and it kind of matches the paint and doesn’t look too weird.

That said, it could be even cleaner looking if you wanted it. It depends on your bathroom set up.

Spoiler!

Last edited by Wormius; 05-16-2020 at 11:04 PM.
Old 05-17-2020, 05:45 AM   #79
Slava
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by annasuave View Post

I can’t remember which brand/model, but I’d echo that you should go for all the features. I don’t think I’ve ever used the “pulse” feature, but you might as well have it. And I can’t speak to the efficacy of the front wash either. Aside from that, the controlled water temperature, controlled blower temperature and intensities is the way to go.

I just think these are completely worth it. I will say that I only have this in the master en-suite though. I guess I should add this for guests and such, but what if people never leave?

Quote:
Originally Posted by I-Hate-Hulse View Post
I had an outlet already there. A hood piece of why I haven’t done this for the other bathrooms is because I’d be running wires or doing a fuller renovation to make it happen. To each their own, but I couldn’t use the normal sink one as a longer term fix.
Slava is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Slava For This Useful Post:
Old 11-11-2020, 11:57 AM   #80
Sliver
evil of fart

Exp:

Bio Bidet Ultimate 770 is on sale at Costco right now for $80 off. Heated seat, heated water, night light, user profiles, massage feature...seems pretty solid at $320. I just ordered one.

With this, I'll now have a bidet on all three toilets in my house (this'll replace the cold water one currently in the master bath). Fata yeah.

Tags
bidet