Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Fire on Ice: The Calgary Flames Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-22-2018, 08:13 AM   #261
Scroopy Noopers
Pent-up

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snuffleupagus View Post
So Hoffman's GF and her crazy "alleged" comments made the Senators dressing room fall apart?

Talk about a weak room!
Rob Kerr made a great point yesterday that this is a team that struggles to sell tickets, and they can’t give their fans a reason to boycott games. He thinks that’s the sole reason they dealt him now.
Scroopy Noopers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2018, 08:45 AM   #262
Jiri Hrdina
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snuffleupagus View Post
So Hoffman's GF and her crazy "alleged" comments made the Senators dressing room fall apart?

Talk about a weak room!

Really?
You are talking about the loss of a child with the situation, and then the significant other of one of the players allegedly harassing the woman about it?

Having gone through a miscarriage, if someone that I knew was harassing my wife about it, I would do everything in my power to get that person out of my life and anyone connected to them, let alone have to work with them on a daily basis.

You think that this is a sign of a weak room? Really?
Jiri Hrdina is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Jiri Hrdina For This Useful Post:
Old 06-22-2018, 08:48 AM   #263
GioforPM
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiri Hrdina View Post
Really?
You are talking about the loss of a child with the situation, and then the significant other of one of the players allegedly harassing the woman about it?

Having gone through a miscarriage, if someone that I knew was harassing my wife about it, I would do everything in my power to get that person out of my life and anyone connected to them, let alone have to work with them on a daily basis.

You think that this is a sign of a weak room? Really?
Plus I don't see Dorian's comment as saying the whole thing was about her. I saw it as him saying the DR has a problem, he's addressing it, and one step is this trade.

Plus Hoffman seems to have been a DR issue all by himself. He seems to have been a bit of a loner in a DR that has a few cliques.
GioforPM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2018, 08:55 AM   #264
Saqe
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GioforPM View Post

Plus Hoffman seems to have been a DR issue all by himself. He seems to have been a bit of a loner in a DR that has a few cliques.

Where are you getting this? If that's the case I don't know why they didn't trade him sooner and get a good return.

Either way, what's crazy about this is that Hoffman's girlfriend may end up being innocent ( or no evidence is found she's guilty at least) and Ottawa traded away their best goal scorer for peanuts.
Saqe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2018, 09:05 AM   #265
GioforPM
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saqe View Post
Where are you getting this? If that's the case I don't know why they didn't trade him sooner and get a good return.

Either way, what's crazy about this is that Hoffman's girlfriend may end up being innocent ( or no evidence is found she's guilty at least) and Ottawa traded away their best goal scorer for peanuts.
From the interwebs. It was a post about who was freinds with who on the team, and he was the odd man out. Karlsson has good buddies, Stone does too. Hoffman doesn't. I don't think he was a bad actor in the DR as in getting into disputes - it just suggested he wasn't well liked. As for why they didn't trade him before - he was producing.

eta: Hoffman did once say Lehner was one of his best friends in the game.

Last edited by GioforPM; 06-22-2018 at 09:09 AM.
GioforPM is offline   Reply With Quote