Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum > Tech Talk
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-03-2020, 11:51 AM   #3001
cDnStealth
First Line Centre

Exp:

I ran through the prologue with mouse and keyboard controls but I found it very difficult to control my ship. Immediately after I swapped in a flight stick and combined with my keyboard I am now having a blast of time. The game is just so much fun. I never knew how much I missed games like X-Wing and Rogue Squadron until I fired this up.

Last edited by cDnStealth; 10-03-2020 at 11:53 AM.
cDnStealth is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to cDnStealth For This Useful Post:
Old 10-03-2020, 10:42 PM   #3002
Max Cow Disease
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

I nabbed Doom Eternal off of Gamepass - what a ride. I didn't play the first one through all the way despite enjoying it, but I'll definitely get all of the way through Eternal. Polished, hectic, and satisfying all at once whilst Meshuggah-like riffs serenade you in the background for the entirety.

I also played through and loved all three of the Wolfenstein titles this generation. Microsoft acquiring Zenimax and ushering in a world where games of this caliber will be landing in Gamepass...gotta love it.
Old 10-04-2020, 03:13 AM   #3003
Huntingwhale
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max Cow Disease View Post
I nabbed Doom Eternal off of Gamepass - what a ride. I didn't play the first one through all the way despite enjoying it, but I'll definitely get all of the way through Eternal. Polished, hectic, and satisfying all at once whilst Meshuggah-like riffs serenade you in the background for the entirety.

I also played through and loved all three of the Wolfenstein titles this generation. Microsoft acquiring Zenimax and ushering in a world where games of this caliber will be landing in Gamepass...gotta love it.
Definitely feels a bit more playable than the last one. The last one kind of tossed you in and it took me a while to get going. I even took a couple months break after starting it since I wasn't really feeling it, only to dive back in and power through it.

This one seems to hold your hand a bit more in explaining how things work and a bit more of a story to it. And while it's still mostly a linear game, I like the wide open areas when murdering everyone. Good difficulty to it, even on normal mode.
Huntingwhale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2020, 08:25 AM   #3004
Max Cow Disease
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huntingwhale View Post
Definitely feels a bit more playable than the last one. The last one kind of tossed you in and it took me a while to get going. I even took a couple months break after starting it since I wasn't really feeling it, only to dive back in and power through it.

This one seems to hold your hand a bit more in explaining how things work and a bit more of a story to it. And while it's still mostly a linear game, I like the wide open areas when murdering everyone. Good difficulty to it, even on normal mode.

Agreed. I went with “Ultraviolence” which I believe is one tick above default, and it’s definitely pushing my limits a lot of the time. I’m getting better, but there are some fights where I just seize up and mash whatever button/stop moving, etc.

These and the Wolfenstein games definitely have the same DNA. Difficult-ass games.
Old 10-04-2020, 10:25 AM   #3005
btimbit
Franchise Player

Exp:

The Mafia remake is very well done, I'm having a blast.
btimbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2020, 12:35 PM   #3006
Coys1882
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by btimbit View Post
The Mafia remake is very well done, I'm having a blast.
Did they fix that damn car race mission?
Coys1882 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2020, 02:07 PM   #3007
btimbit
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coys1882 View Post
Did they fix that damn car race mission?
It was almost too easy this time
Old 10-04-2020, 09:29 PM   #3008
photon
The new goggles also do nothing.

Exp:

Lol guy gets a bunch of revenge boons to make a build that wins against Hades without doing anything.

The Following User Says Thank You to photon For This Useful Post:
Old 10-05-2020, 10:24 AM   #3009
Russic
Dances with Wolves

Exp:

Ghost of Tsushima getting online and New Game+ in 10 days.

https://blog.playstation.com/2020/10...ut-october-16/

I've nearly finished the game but I'm not sure I'm entirely done with it. I've gotten deeper into this game than almost any other this generation. The idea of playing through it again as a maxed-out samurai is pretty tempting.
Russic is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Russic For This Useful Post:
Old 10-05-2020, 11:01 AM   #3010
Raekwon
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russic View Post
Ghost of Tsushima getting online and New Game+ in 10 days.

https://blog.playstation.com/2020/10...ut-october-16/

I've nearly finished the game but I'm not sure I'm entirely done with it. I've gotten deeper into this game than almost any other this generation. The idea of playing through it again as a maxed-out samurai is pretty tempting.
And on sale right now PS Store 25% off

https://store.playstation.com/en-ca/...OSTSHIP0000001

Time for me to buy it?
Raekwon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2020, 12:37 PM   #3011
Since1984
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raekwon View Post
And on sale right now PS Store 25% off

https://store.playstation.com/en-ca/...OSTSHIP0000001

Time for me to buy it?
Never pay full price for a game, so yes pick it up!
Since1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2020, 09:57 PM   #3012
photon
The new goggles also do nothing.

Exp:

Finally beat Hades with all the weapons.

I'm toying with the idea of using god mode. Gathering resources is getting kinda grindy and having to beat Hades to advance the story takes a lot of time and we're getting into the fall games season.

It's kinda neat, it gives you 20% damage reduction against you, that's all. Then when you die with it on you get 2% more. Up to a total of 80%. Seems pretty fair.
The Following User Says Thank You to photon For This Useful Post:
Old 10-06-2020, 03:39 AM   #3013
Huntingwhale
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Agreed. I went with “Ultraviolence” which I believe is one tick above default, and it’s definitely pushing my limits a lot of the time. I’m getting better, but there are some fights where I just seize up and mash whatever button/stop moving, etc.

These and the Wolfenstein games definitely have the same DNA. Difficult-ass games.
Difficult but not EA cheap difficult, if that makes sense. There was a timed bonus level on D.E. I couldn't beat for an hour the other day, only to come back the day after and beat if 1st try. Funny how that works. To me that's the kind of diffculty I love; all about your skill as a player and not just upping the bad guy's HP and damage level to cheap status.

Also love the mechanics of jumping and using the dash physics to get to places. Usually not a fan of those in FPS, but it's done really well in this game. Very satisfying to use a double jump, swing on a pole, then double dash to a wall and stick on it and climb to your goal.
Huntingwhale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2020, 08:12 AM   #3014
WhiteTiger
Franchise Player

Exp:

I've been playing Wolcen lately. It's a beautiful game, as far as ARPG's go. But it really feels unfinished. There is an ugly difficulty spike about halfway through. There are bugs and glitches you just shouldn't see in a finished game, much less as often as you see in Wolcen. There is also a really annoying quest reward feature that has killed me a couple times.

Last edited by WhiteTiger; 10-06-2020 at 10:28 AM.
WhiteTiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2020, 08:49 AM   #3015
btimbit
Franchise Player

Exp:

Baldur's Gate 3 in 2 hours. Can't wait
Old 10-06-2020, 08:52 AM   #3016
Since1984
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
I am still sad that Stadia got the exclusive "console" release of this one. I wonder when this will be available for PS/Xbox.
Since1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2020, 09:22 AM   #3017
bax
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:

I'm still working my way through Ghost of Tsushima, but I'm pumped to play Doom Eternal once my series X comes in. I had an xbox one briefly last generation, but ended up selling it. I'm pumped to work through some of that gamepass catalog.

I'll still be getting a ps5 for the exclusives, but I really like the strategy Xbox is taking this gen.
bax is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to bax For This Useful Post:
Old 10-06-2020, 09:24 AM   #3018
Coys1882
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Any word on how early access this actually is? Can I anticipate something incredibly buggy or is it close to finished?
Coys1882 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2020, 10:14 AM   #3019
Raekwon
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteTiger View Post
I've been playing Wolcen lately. It's a beautiful game, as far as APRG's go. But it really feels unfinished. There is an ugly difficulty spike about halfway through. There are bugs and glitches you just shouldn't see in a finished game, much less as often as you see in Wolcen. There is also a really annoying quest reward feature that has killed me a couple times.
Wolcen is unfinished, it was supposed to be the new amazing ARPG and it was really good but they rushed it and too many bugs and issues killed the game. I played a bunch at release and was sad that it was so buggy/unfinished
Raekwon is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Raekwon For This Useful Post:
Old 10-06-2020, 10:32 AM   #3020
WhiteTiger
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raekwon View Post
Wolcen is unfinished, it was supposed to be the new amazing ARPG and it was really good but they rushed it and too many bugs and issues killed the game. I played a bunch at release and was sad that it was so buggy/unfinished
That makes sense. The quest reward thing has got to be one of the most annoying things I've seen in a game in a LONG time, and it's such an easy fix, and especially one that any sort of QI should have caught and ID'ed as a problem...but it's still there, and killing players (or at least, me, anyhow).
WhiteTiger is offline   Reply With Quote