how about that BTC freefall you were braggin about a month ago
Old 04-09-2020, 11:12 AM   #582
dobbles
addition by subtraction

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by dino7c View Post
You care to take a stab at my post from a few weeks back?

What actually makes this a good or bad investment at any given time? What is fueling this recent rally you are so proud of? What fueled the recent nose-dive? (probably an easy one as I assume it was covid related, but maybe take a stab at explaining why bitcoin would perform good/bad as global economies tanked or something like that)

I am lazy so I am not going to go dig up posts from pages back or stalk your posting history, but my overall impression of this thread continues to be that the only reason people support buying bitcoin is because it went up in the past so that means it must be going up more in the future.

There has to be more to your position than "buy low, sell high, bro!".
This individual is not affluent and more of a member of that shrinking middle class. It is likely the individual does not have a high paying job, is limited on benefits, and has to make due with those benefits provided by employer.
dobbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2020, 11:35 AM   #583
afc wimbledon
Franchise Player

Exp:

There has to be more to your position than "buy low, sell high, bro!".

No, that's all he's got, which is all anyone in a ponzi scheme where they kind of know it's a ponzi scheme but don't really want to admit it because it would make them feel like an idiot has.
afc wimbledon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2020, 12:10 PM   #584
Resolute 14
In the Sin Bin

Exp:

Quote:
The dumb thing, dino, is that even if you are right and BTC inexplicably tops $20k again, you're just going to do absolutely nothing. You're not going to cash out whatever you have. You're just going to brag about all this paper wealth you have right up until the price falls again. The perceived value is meaningless unless you turn it into real money.
Resolute 14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2020, 12:24 PM   #585
dino7c
Franchise Player

Exp:

I already said why you should be buying...there is a split coming next month.

And yeah the fall was due to covid like everything else, a temporary loss based on a world event. I bought bitcoin like many other stocks I have bought over the past few weeks.

My advice (take it or leave it, but I do have a very good track record)

Buy bitcoin now (since you have no time machine) And I would sell half when it hits 20k hopefully by the end of the year
Old 04-09-2020, 12:49 PM   #586
dino7c
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Resolute 14 View Post
The dumb thing, dino, is that even if you are right and BTC inexplicably tops $20k again, you're just going to do absolutely nothing. You're not going to cash out whatever you have. You're just going to brag about all this paper wealth you have right up until the price falls again. The perceived value is meaningless unless you turn it into real money.
I have cashed out BTC literally hundreds of times over the past 3 years. Like any other investment I deal with there is a lot of research that goes into my buy/sell points.

I got in early and was mocked mercilessly for saying bitcoin would hit $6000. The best time to buy is when someone on this thread declares the end of bitcoin and sell half when its double that
Old 04-09-2020, 03:09 PM   #587
afc wimbledon
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
I already said why you should be buying...there is a split coming next month.

And yeah the fall was due to covid like everything else, a temporary loss based on a world event. I bought bitcoin like many other stocks I have bought over the past few weeks.

My advice (take it or leave it, but I do have a very good track record)

Buy bitcoin now (since you have no time machine) And I would sell half when it hits 20k hopefully by the end of the year
that's odd as Bitcoin crashed in December. long before Covid, then rallied a bit then crashed again, basically its an inherently unstable investment with no underlying fundementel's, it goes up and down randomly with no particular connection to the outside world at all that can be seen.
Old 04-09-2020, 04:20 PM   #588
Azure
Had an idea!

Exp:

Couple altcoins I've been watching with some nice runs lately.

Grin
Ravencoin

Both have potential. For what? Who knows, but fun to play around.
Azure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2020, 08:46 PM   #589
GGG
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
I have cashed out BTC literally hundreds of times over the past 3 years. Like any other investment I deal with there is a lot of research that goes into my buy/sell points.

I got in early and was mocked mercilessly for saying bitcoin would hit $6000. The best time to buy is when someone on this thread declares the end of bitcoin and sell half when its double that
What portion of your portfolio is bit coin?
GGG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2020, 08:53 PM   #590
ripTDR
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

Uhhh...silly questions. Can you actually buy anything with bitcoin? Like a TV or something? Lets say you want to make a purchase for 4 grand. Bitcoin seems to jump around so much, at what point do you actually buy? Do you sit there and wait for a favourable down tick? At what point does the ticker coincide with your purchase and you land on the sale and the price of bitcoin?

If you can't buy stuff with it, whats the point?
ripTDR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2020, 08:59 PM   #591
Jason14h
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ripTDR View Post
Uhhh...silly questions. Can you actually buy anything with bitcoin? Like a TV or something? Lets say you want to make a purchase for 4 grand. Bitcoin seems to jump around so much, at what point do you actually buy? Do you sit there and wait for a favourable down tick? At what point does the ticker coincide with your purchase and you land on the sale and the price of bitcoin?

If you can't buy stuff with it, whats the point?
Corner stores have Bitcoin ATMs

You can literally pull cash out and neighborhood corner stores
Jason14h is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2020, 09:03 PM   #592
rubecube
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason14h View Post

You realize that means the answer is "no," right?
rubecube is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to rubecube For This Useful Post:
Old 04-09-2020, 09:09 PM   #593
ripTDR
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

Quote:

I get that, but what's the point? Bitcoin up and down ticks so much on the exchanges does the atm follow that? Or they give you a crappy price more favourable to them? You sit there looking on the phone and say "I want to sell......wait......wait....wait......... now!"

Is there anything stable about it that makes it a worthwhile alternative currency for everyday use?
ripTDR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2020, 09:48 PM   #594
GGG
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ripTDR View Post
I get that, but what's the point? Bitcoin up and down ticks so much on the exchanges does the atm follow that? Or they give you a crappy price more favourable to them? You sit there looking on the phone and say "I want to sell......wait......wait....wait......... now!"

Is there anything stable about it that makes it a worthwhile alternative currency for everyday use?
It’s pretty clearly not a currency given its deflationary design. It’s essentially like gold. It’s only value is the value that people have given it and over time it becomes more expensive to extract.
GGG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2020, 10:45 PM   #595
Jason14h
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubecube View Post
You realize that means the answer is "no," right?
You are correct that the infrastructure is no where close to supporting accepting a crypto currency at a POS

But I can easily transfer Bitcoin to someone relatively instantly and they can withdraw as cash at the corner store to get cash in their local currency.

Big deal right . Just use your bank card! But most people are approaching this from a Western Europe/NA standpoint with relatively mature banking systems, stable currencies with liquidity, and trust.

Bitcoin is just a store of value . You can trade it as a commodity, or protect against holding a traditional currency, or use as a transfer of value.

In NA I agree it’s a speculative buy or something for fun - excluding illegal
Activity

In a lot of countries it is an alternative to holding cash/local
Currencies.
Jason14h is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2020, 11:11 PM   #596
dino7c
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
You are correct that the infrastructure is no where close to supporting accepting a crypto currency at a POS

But I can easily transfer Bitcoin to someone relatively instantly and they can withdraw as cash at the corner store to get cash in their local currency.

Big deal right . Just use your bank card! But most people are approaching this from a Western Europe/NA standpoint with relatively mature banking systems, stable currencies with liquidity, and trust.

Bitcoin is just a store of value . You can trade it as a commodity, or protect against holding a traditional currency, or use as a transfer of value.

In NA I agree it’s a speculative buy or something for fun - excluding illegal
Activity

In a lot of countries it is an alternative to holding cash/local
Currencies
I outsource a lot of work to Macedonia, India, and the Philippines...those guys want to get paid in Bitcoin

There are a few tech companies that accept bitcoin like cash...Microsoft, newegg, some web hosts. But yeah normally you need to pull money out via online banking or an ATM (which I'm sure has massive fees)

This idea that its hard to cash out bitcoin is FALSE though...you can convert to cash at anytime

Last edited by dino7c; 04-09-2020 at 11:13 PM.
dino7c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2020, 02:16 PM   #597
topfiverecords
Franchise Player

Exp:

Hard to buy a TV direct from your Forex or eTrade account too.
topfiverecords is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2020, 11:24 AM   #598
dino7c
Franchise Player

Exp:

Bitcoin over 12K, rising with the split coming up
Old 05-01-2020, 11:50 AM   #599
afc wimbledon
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Bitcoin over 12K, rising with the split coming up
Old 05-01-2020, 01:34 PM   #600
Fuzz
Franchise Player

Exp:

So why is the split increasing it's value? Isn't it just like a stock split, with the added negative that it gets twice as hard to produce?
Fuzz is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
bitcoin , cryptocurrency , ethereum