Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum > Tech Talk
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-01-2017, 08:05 PM   #961
photon
The new goggles also do nothing.

Exp:

Some details on the first DLC.

http://kotaku.com/zelda-breath-of-th...coo-1794821521
https://www.polygon.com/2017/5/1/155...-master-trials

Includes a smart map mode which shows your last 200 hours of activity. Neat.

Also includes a hard mode and a horde mode.

Quote:
Trial of the Sword

When you get to a certain sacred location, you can take on the new “Trial of the Sword” challenge. Face an onslaught of enemies, one wave after another. Link starts the challenge without any equipment or weapons. When all the enemies in a room are defeated, Link proceeds to the next. Clear all the trials (about 45 rooms in total), and the true power of the Master Sword awakens.
Quote:
Hard Mode

In Hard Mode, enemies gradually regain health, so take them out as quickly as possible. All enemies are also powered up by one level. For example, Red Bokoblins in Normal mode are now Blue Bokoblins. Enemies can also have higher maximum levels than they would in Normal mode. Look up, and you may also find enemies and treasure chests in the sky!
Also includes some cool armor.
Old 05-01-2017, 10:48 PM   #962
OutOfTheCube
Franchise Player

Exp:

Is 'Mount Wario' the best Mario Kart track ever? Probably. It's up there with 'Airship Fortress' for me.
OutOfTheCube is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2017, 11:48 PM   #963
chemgear
Franchise Player

Exp:

God, I can't wait for portable turn based strategy games on this thing. Ogre Battle & Tactics Ogre please!
chemgear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2017, 08:23 AM   #964
photon

Exp:

Or Elite Beat Agents 2.
Old 05-02-2017, 09:47 AM   #965
bax
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by OutOfTheCube View Post
Is 'Mount Wario' the best Mario Kart track ever? Probably. It's up there with 'Airship Fortress' for me.

Was just thinking this same thing last night when I played it in an online match.

Just so much character and variety.
bax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2017, 10:16 AM   #966
Jimmy Stang
Franchise Player

Exp:

For anyone interested for Mario Kart, here is my friend code: SW-2212-7437-2622 and my Nintendo username is Tangroo.

I will provide the disclaimer that I'm a little rusty and probably older than most of you, so don't expect much in terms of time commitment. But so far I'm quite liking this game. Really slick and enjoyable, including my brief attempt at online play.

The thought of a Calgary Puck tournament is intriguing, but I'm not sure how that works yet. Would everyone have to be online simultaneously (good luck with that!), or would individuals race the CPU when they've got time and then the rankings/times would be aggregated?
Jimmy Stang is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2017, 10:29 AM   #967
OutOfTheCube
Franchise Player

Exp:

I'm finding I'm actually pretty good at it. Won 14 out of 37 races I've done online, which considering they're 12-person races I think that's pretty darn good. Even when I have a bad race/luck I rarely finish outside the top half.

It might be more in the CP wheelhouse to have some kind of 'Time Trial' challenge -- we pick a course and people get a couple days to get their best time on it. Take a screenshot, best lap and best full run get recognition. Maybe I'll throw something together tonight, could even start a new thread.
OutOfTheCube is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to OutOfTheCube For This Useful Post:
Old 05-02-2017, 10:30 AM   #968
chemgear
Franchise Player

Exp:

Old 05-02-2017, 02:07 PM   #969
SuperMatt18
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by chemgear View Post
Is there a video game that you don't own?

I feel like your house must just be full of video games in every single room - and that is just with your 12 3DS consoles.
SuperMatt18 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2017, 07:14 PM   #970
chemgear
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperMatt18 View Post
Is there a video game that you don't own?

I feel like your house must just be full of video games in every single room - and that is just with your 12 3DS consoles.
Oh, that's not me. Just an image I saw with the new games listed on the store (UK and NA).

That said, my backlog is somewhat . . . large.

"There has never been a better time to be playing video games."
Old 05-04-2017, 10:21 AM   #971
BananaPancakes
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

So after playing Mario Kart with some friends it looks like I'm getting the left joy-con sync issue. I guess I never noticed because I was only playing Zelda with the pro controller.
BananaPancakes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2017, 10:49 AM   #972
chemgear
Franchise Player

Exp:

Old 05-04-2017, 11:01 AM   #973
Jimmy Stang
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by BananaPancakes View Post
So after playing Mario Kart with some friends it looks like I'm getting the left joy-con sync issue. I guess I never noticed because I was only playing Zelda with the pro controller.

I sent mine in last Monday, and it arrived back yesterday. I tested it out last night and it seems to have been solved.

The process was actually pretty smooth. You get to talk to a human at Nintendo (I was expecting automated menu hell), and they give you instructions on sending it back at their expense.
Jimmy Stang is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2017, 11:06 AM   #974
chemgear
Franchise Player

Exp:

Out now:

Old 05-04-2017, 11:07 AM   #975
Fuzz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Nintendo is one of the few companies that didn't get the memo that customer service is supposed to be a painful experience. Always had a good experience with them.
Fuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2017, 08:44 AM   #976
photon

Exp:

Old 05-08-2017, 07:12 AM   #977
Resolute 14
In the Sin Bin

Exp:

And that red potion is delicious!
Resolute 14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2017, 07:42 AM   #978
Fuzz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Up to 101 shrines, still have one more divine beast to hit. Maxed out my stamina wheel, and it makes a big difference for cruising around. It also really makes killing Lynel's easier, becuase you can use a club weapon and just start spinning.
Fuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2017, 11:03 AM   #979
SuperMatt18
Franchise Player

Exp:

After about 2 months with the system now I think that from a pure hardware perspective this may be my favorite system ever.

It may not be the most powerful piece of hardware and will never be able to do what my Xbox One or PS4 Pro can do but from a pure functionality perspective I really love it.

As a portable it is great, and it's just as good when docked as an at home console. Being able to start a game on the big screen and then just pick it up to play as a handheld when the wife wants to watch something on TV really adds to the enjoyment.

I surprisingly like all of the different ways to play, whether attached to the console, in the grip, in separate hands, or even as tiny remotes sideways it seems to all be comfortable enough in my hands.

Now Nintendo and the Third Parties just need to not let me down and give me some more great stuff to play on this thing.
SuperMatt18 is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to SuperMatt18 For This Useful Post:
Old 05-08-2017, 12:15 PM   #980
PsYcNeT
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperMatt18 View Post
After about 2 months with the system now I think that from a pure hardware perspective this may be my favorite system ever.

It may not be the most powerful piece of hardware and will never be able to do what my Xbox One or PS4 Pro can do but from a pure functionality perspective I really love it.

As a portable it is great, and it's just as good when docked as an at home console. Being able to start a game on the big screen and then just pick it up to play as a handheld when the wife wants to watch something on TV really adds to the enjoyment.

I surprisingly like all of the different ways to play, whether attached to the console, in the grip, in separate hands, or even as tiny remotes sideways it seems to all be comfortable enough in my hands.

Now Nintendo and the Third Parties just need to not let me down and give me some more great stuff to play on this thing.
Agreed. Nothing the switch does hardware-wise is a let-down. Amazing gear in a tiny package. I'm reaaally hoping Nintendo views it as a "hand-held" and releases a for-real Pokemon game for it. Dear god I'm hoping.

Really excited for Splatoon with local multiplayer as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMastodonFarm View Post
Settle down there, Temple Grandin.

Last edited by PsYcNeT; 05-08-2017 at 12:17 PM.
PsYcNeT is offline   Reply With Quote