Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum > Food and Entertainment
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-16-2021, 06:03 PM   #41
Jiggy
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Azah getting upset and crying because Ky didn't throw the competition for her is annoying. This is big brother, win the damn competition, don't expect others to let you win it.
Jiggy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jiggy For This Useful Post:
Old 08-16-2021, 07:26 PM   #42
Iggy_12
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mile View Post
I can't believe Derek F and Britni both got 100 BB bucks... what is wrong with you, America.
This x1000000

I can’t stand britni and her never ending crying. Every interview makes me cringe she’s beyond annoying to me
Iggy_12 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Iggy_12 For This Useful Post:
Old 08-17-2021, 11:09 AM   #43
GoinAllTheWay
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiggy View Post
Azah getting upset and crying because Ky didn't throw the competition for her is annoying. This is big brother, win the damn competition, don't expect others to let you win it.
She's becoming intolerable.
GoinAllTheWay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2021, 11:22 AM   #44
Cecil Terwilliger
That Crazy Guy at the Bus Stop

Exp:

Based on their intros I figured Azah and Derex would be whiny, entitled jerks. He's turned out to be the opposite and seems incredibly down to earth. She is exactly as advertised.

Claire seems chill, I hope she doesn't go home. Tiffany is smart and has an attitude, I like her too. Alyssa and Xavier are meh. Kyland has all the hallmarks of a sociopath. He's apparently obsessed with How to Win Friends and Influence People. It shows. He seems super fake. Derek F is hard to get a read on but for the most part I've only seen him acting like a bit of a jerk or saying somewhat offensive stuff. SB seems alright. Something about her seems kinda fake but she seems nice enough.

Is that everyone? Oh Hannah seems cool. Britini is super annoying. She clearly loves playing it up for the cameras so I'm not surprised production loves her and gives her so many DRs. Haven't seen the stats but she's got to be at or near the top.
Cecil Terwilliger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2021, 09:12 PM   #45
Calgary14
First Line Centre

Exp:

Are Hannah and Derek X in a showmance?
Calgary14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2021, 09:35 PM   #46
mile
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calgary14 View Post
Are Hannah and Derek X in a showmance?

I don't think so because they're both focused on winning and probably don't want a showmance. But they're obviously very close and both have said in the diary room that they find the other attractive. I think Hannah is very smart though and knows he has to go at some point.

I wouldn't be surprised if they became a thing after the show. I am very curious as to what DX's parents think about it though, they seem very traditional.
mile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2021, 09:16 PM   #47
Calgary14
First Line Centre

Exp:

That makes sense.

I somehow missed that Derek F is the son of Joe Frazier
Old 08-18-2021, 10:56 PM   #48
mile
Franchise Player

Exp:

Ouch Britni. I did like that she called Kyland an "arrogant little bitch" at the end of the episode, I feel like Kyland's been getting more cocky lately.

With last week and this week, we're starting to see some more cutthroat gameplay.
Old 08-18-2021, 11:07 PM   #49
mikephoen
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

I don’t like any of the jokers and pretty much like/liked all the rest of the cast. Strange how that worked out.
mikephoen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2021, 08:49 AM   #50
Calgary14
First Line Centre

Exp:

Kyland seems like he could be extremely condescending with regular daily interactions. Britni flies off the handle at the remote possibility of going on the block.
Old 08-20-2021, 04:34 PM   #51
Cecil Terwilliger

Exp:

Yawn. A good cast and potentially fun season ruined by a super alliance and weak play from everyone else. Sounds very familiar for BB. Even if Derex or Claire win HoH, this season is gonna be a cakewalk for the cookout. Not a single interesting vote or eviction. Not a single exciting veto. Not a single exciting set of noms. Just week after week of predictable play.

It’s not even like I dislike the cast. It’s just boring.

They needed a way to prevent alliances by race. They are setting a dangerous precedent here. From now on the whites will instantly know they need to remove the blacks and vice versa.

There were some patterns previously where minorities were evicted first but BB cannot be excited about turning their show into race wars.

Thank god britini is gone I guess.
Old 08-20-2021, 08:00 PM   #52
mile
Franchise Player

Exp:

Only hope for Claire and DX is that one or both of them get a special power, and that gets some Cookout members realizing that they're ruining this season and start playing for themselves.

It's maddening to see Cookout members not playing for themselves and be so willing to let their alliance members go home for the group. Tiffany and Hannah should be playing their own games, aligning with Claire and DX seems like a natural fit for both their games.

This season looked really promising. But I'll still watch and am okay with Tiffany, Hannah, or Xavier winning if Claire or DX don't make it.

And Julie Chen can stop with the God crap already. Just read the interview she did today on EW about Derek F already having an outside alliance member... in God. It's gross how she suddenly found God after her scumbag husband got caught, like it's the only way she can justify defending him.
Old 08-21-2021, 06:42 AM   #53
indes
First Line Centre

Exp:

It's annoying how trusting everyone in the house is. DX, Christian, Claire, etc had no chance of finding out there's a huge alliance because the whole house votes together all the time. If DX and Claire had stuck to their guns about voting out Big D, they would've realized Hannah, Tiffany and X aren't voting with them and found out the alliance.

Anyways I find this cast pretty boring and my prediction is Xavier is going to win the game. He's been using the cookout as his personal shield and has barely had to even play the game where in a normal season he would've had a target on his back. He's going to continue to coast until an opportunity to take out DX comes, and then Kyland. After that I think he's on easy street.
indes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2021, 10:54 AM   #54
Iggy_12
Scoring Winger

Exp:

I mean thank god britini is gone. Maybe the most annoying cast member in BB history. Everything from the rapping to the over the top DR interviews to the crying every single episode to the complete unawareness as a player to her spot in this game and to her loud and center of attention need. I don’t think I’ve ever liked a player less if they bring her back in I won’t finish the season.

This season is pretty boring and predictable as mentioned cookout alliance is stupid and if race was reversed and it was an all white alliance the social justice warriors would be up in arms. X is playing the best game has everyone doing his work I hope he wins. Azah is just awful at this game she will clearly be the first cookout member removed so we have about 3 more weeks till this gets interesting.

Still enjoying the mindless entertainment. Hope derickX can do something and disrupt the cookout
Iggy_12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2021, 11:16 AM   #55
Cecil Terwilliger

Exp:

There’s some interesting discussion on the BB subreddit about the race thing.

While it totally agree a “whites only” alliance would be insanely racist, the CO is just a reflection of race relations in the USA. It was mentioned this sort of thing never happens on BBCan. Players on our show play with no consideration to skin colour (with the odd isolated exceotion).

For these 6 or 7 people to be playing, so far, completely for a cause to get a black person to win is actually pretty cool. It requires quite a bit of altruism and trust. Will they turn on each other when all the whiteys are gone? Sure and it’ll be fun but their goal will have been achieved. The fact that getting a black winner is such a struggle is telling in and of itself.

Now, there are still some serious concerns. The show cast 1 Asian (DX) and 1 Latino (Alyssa). Ky is half I think but identifies more as black. That’s not diversity to just have all black or white cast. It’s why the blacks only alliance was able to thrive. For better gameplay, casting would have been better off with a more even racial split.

There’s also the fact that the POC alliance excluded other minorities because of their ethnicity and skin colour.

The CO also knows this is a one off. By creating an all black alliance, it means future players will be on the lookout for black alliances and will always assume they’re together. Even if they deny it, the black players will be assumed to be an alliance. Yet another disturbing sign of the race relations in the USA that this was necessary for a black player to win.

Ultimately, casting knew exactly what they were doing by having half the cast be black. This is what they wanted.

Let’s also give credit. When Derick and Cody did this with their alliance we called Derick the greatest player ever. The fact the CO has seen this thru is a sign that casting didn’t just cast the usual black stereotypes and personalities. These are real people and good players in their own right.
The Following User Says Thank You to Cecil Terwilliger For This Useful Post:
Old 08-21-2021, 01:39 PM   #56
mile
Franchise Player

Exp:

This is one of the most intelligent casts the show has ever had.

I'm not yet worried about future seasons being race wars. A black person has never won BB before. I'm hoping that once a black winner is finally crowned this season, there won't be as much pressure on future contestants to form another Cookout or be worried about another Cookout forming. They can play their own games. If that happens BB23 will probably be looked back as a below-average, but necessary season that will make the game better in the long run.

CBS tried different casting on Survivor: Cook Islands a long time ago, where the cast tribes were evenly split by race. That idea was really controversial at the time though. I think it could be fine on BB and be even welcomed as long as they aren't forced into teams and have the freedom to align with anyone they want.
Old 08-22-2021, 08:35 PM   #57
Cecil Terwilliger

Exp:

SB and Alyssa are not good at BB.

Last edited by Cecil Terwilliger; 08-22-2021 at 08:55 PM.
Old 08-22-2021, 10:47 PM   #58
mile
Franchise Player

Exp:

DX should never have let SB keep that $5000...

Alyssa and SB are so clueless
Old 08-24-2021, 02:34 PM   #59
Calgary14
First Line Centre

Exp:

As soon as the few outliers are gone it will just be Cookout til the end. I bet producers are scrambling trying to drum up any kind of emotion or drama as there’s been none all season so far
Old 08-25-2021, 07:53 PM   #60
Cecil Terwilliger

Exp:

That was a great comp idea that I don’t think I’ve seen before. I’ve never liked it that BB recycles comps so often. It was great to see a fresh idea.

Otherwise I yawned a lot. I hope Tiff wins because she’s the only member of the CO with a personality. The rest of CO is such a bore.