Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum > Food and Entertainment
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-27-2021, 02:07 PM   #221
V
Franchise Player

Exp:

I thought the Beard episode was neat. Sorry.
V is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to V For This Useful Post:
Old 09-27-2021, 02:18 PM   #222
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by V View Post
I liked it.

This Post Has Been Distilled for the Eradication of Seemingly Incurable Sadness.

If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a Fire Exit. - Mitch Hedberg
Locke is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Locke For This Useful Post:
Old 09-27-2021, 03:14 PM   #223
Wastedyouth
Truculent!

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by V View Post
GET HEEEEEM!!!!

:cen sored:
Wastedyouth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2021, 04:59 PM   #224
Northendzone
Franchise Player

Exp:

Roy is starting to become my favourite character.
Old 10-01-2021, 06:43 PM   #225
lazypucker
First Line Centre

Exp:

No one wants to discuss this latest episode?

Without revealing too much of a spoiler, this episode just doesn't make sense. Forcing new characters and new scenarios and making them like life-and-death dilemmas in 40 minutes just do not work. At least the storyline with Nate is progressing very interestingly...
lazypucker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2021, 08:48 PM   #226
Cali Panthers Fan
Franchise Player

Exp:

I dunno, it seems like it was setting up something big in the finale, so I'm okay with it. I really enjoyed Sam Richardson (III) portrayal of the billionaire. The moment where he introduced "Banksy" had me in stitches.

I have to say though, Sudeikis did a helluvan emotional turn as he was reading the letter from the therapist. It was small, but man was it powerful. His face was able to convey so much nuance as he read it, I was sort of in awe of the change.

And on a completely unrelated note, I want more Danny Rojas going forward. I feel like he was underutilized this week.
Cali Panthers Fan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2021, 09:42 PM   #227
lazypucker
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cali Panthers Fan View Post
And on a completely unrelated note, I want more Danny Rojas going forward. I feel like he was underutilized this week.
Yes, a lot of these secondary characters had be relegated to be background actors. Dani Rojas has his moments about the yips in the first episode and that's it. Isaac the team captain, just one scene on getting his mojo back, then nothing much afterwards. Jamie Tartt is also the same, even though his name is on the opening credits, he only gets a couple scenes here and there (albeit punching his dad is a big powerful moment). But they are now just doing song and dance (literally!!!) Only Sam got extended focus for his involvement with Rebecca.

I do want to see more focus on the players' journey to become better people.

Last edited by lazypucker; 10-01-2021 at 09:45 PM.
Old 10-01-2021, 10:30 PM   #228
HockeyIlliterate
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by lazypucker View Post
No one wants to discuss this latest episode?

Without revealing too much of a spoiler, this episode just doesn't make sense. Forcing new characters and new scenarios and making them like life-and-death dilemmas in 40 minutes just do not work. At least the storyline with Nate is progressing very interestingly...
People on Reddit have been forecasting Nate’s arc pretty accurately. That said, there is some commentary that the billionaire is just a front for Rupert and his attempt to take down the team. Maybe so?
HockeyIlliterate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2021, 10:45 PM   #229
lazypucker
First Line Centre

Exp:

That African billionaire is just too fake - I bought the museum and hired actors, I bought the restaurant and hired actors - come on, give me a break!!
Old 10-02-2021, 12:13 AM   #230
jayswin
Celebrated Square Root Day

Exp:

Quote:
Yes, a lot of these secondary characters had be relegated to be background actors. Dani Rojas has his moments about the yips in the first episode and that's it. Isaac the team captain, just one scene on getting his mojo back, then nothing much afterwards. Jamie Tartt is also the same, even though his name is on the opening credits, he only gets a couple scenes here and there (albeit punching his dad is a big powerful moment). But they are now just doing song and dance (literally!!!) Only Sam got extended focus for his involvement with Rebecca.

I do want to see more focus on the players' journey to become better people.
No way Jamie Tart isn't a major part of the show going forward. It's just simmering for now as other storylines take place. Jamie's next major storyline is awaiting progression between Keeley and Roy/Nathan, and then he'll be front and centre again in one way or another.
jayswin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2021, 12:17 AM   #231
jayswin
Celebrated Square Root Day

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyIlliterate View Post
People on Reddit have been forecasting Nate’s arc pretty accurately. That said, there is some commentary that the billionaire is just a front for Rupert and his attempt to take down the team. Maybe so?
Oh yeah, Nathan's arc was very obvious quite early, it was just a matter of how it got there. I don't like him still, but I appreciate the balance in the show against all the positive, forward moving characters. It adds a perfect element.

And yeah definitely something to Rupert whispering to Nathan at the end of episode ten. I wouldn't be surprised if this new team and owner are connected, but it could just be a separate storyline to accentuate Sam and Rebeccas relationship struggles.
jayswin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2021, 08:19 AM   #232
Inglewood Jack
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Either Nate or Rupert will force the team to switch to Android as this season’s cliffhanger.
Inglewood Jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2021, 12:01 PM   #233
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
That African billionaire is just too fake - I bought the museum and hired actors, I bought the restaurant and hired actors - come on, give me a break!!
Hey! If I was unfathomably wealthy you would not believe the insane crap I'd do.

There is that guy who delivers packages to people's houses and he just crashes rockets for fun.

I'd make that look like 'Wednesday.'

This Post Has Been Distilled for the Eradication of Seemingly Incurable Sadness.

If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a Fire Exit. - Mitch Hedberg
Locke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2021, 12:14 PM   #234
Jiri Hrdina
Franchise Player

Exp:

The brief moment where Nate spits in his own reflection was such a disturbing moment of self hate.
Jiri Hrdina is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Jiri Hrdina For This Useful Post:
Old 10-02-2021, 02:39 PM   #235
Roughneck
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Loved Sam Richardson as the billionaire, but the billionaire is fake af. "I don't think billionaires should exist" but seems to like all the perks: buying up museums, restaurants, hiring actors, landing helicopters on the field. Hopefully Sam sees through it. Not sure about any Rupert connection there but also wouldn't be a surprise. Not sure how the African nationalist angle would play in to helping Rupert bring down the team. Might have more to do with the DubaiAir/oil thing that seems to have had no lasting consequences for Sam. Edwin getting some big financial backing for his dream because $1.2B isn't enough to build a team able to compete financially with the Manchesters, PSGs, Reals and Bayerns of the world.

I'm guessing with Nate's story is that his tactic causes the team to lose, and when being criticized about it Ted takes the heat: because that's the job. You get the credit, but you also get all of the blame. Or Nate will get too overzealous with promoting his tactic and won't be able to take the heat. But I don't think there will by any kind of set up from Ted. He's a forgiving guy. He'll want to know why. I think he'll try to teach Nate. But how Beard and Roy will fit into this (not just on their relationship with Nate, but their relationship with Ted) might be the big sticking point.

Not sure which pun I liked better: "Don't letter get away with it, Ted!" or "These guys just are not in synch!"

I also think everybody should have something they can get as pumped up about as much as Jamie was pumped up about nailing the choreography
Roughneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2021, 03:33 PM   #236
FanIn80
GOAT!

Exp:

Either the team wins the next game and Ted gives Nate all the credit, or they lose and Ted takes all the blame. That's just who Ted is. Internally, though, I don't see a way for Ted to keep him on the team. You just can't have a rogue coach, it doesn't really matter what the consequences are.

I do think Rupert is involved with this African team though. They gave up the remaining shares (which were in his wife's name) last week, which paves the way for him to own another team again. I think he's going to be tbe big cliffhanger reveal for next week's finale. Like the final scene will be a shot of him and his wife sitting on a couch in front of a fire, and then he gets a text from Nate thanking him for his advice and letting him know he's gonna be head coach for a new team in Africa, while a text notification from Edwin pops up saying something about their partnership.

One of the stories next season will be about Sam trying to get out of his transferred contract that he agreed to before it was revealed that Rupert is one of the owners.
FanIn80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2021, 08:00 PM   #237
octothorp
Franchise Player

Exp:

Theory on Nate's plot line:

Season 1 was all about Ted's optimism, his faith in others, his devotion to every relationship in his life, from family to friends to coworkers. In Season 2, Ted hasn't changed, but we're seeing everywhere the dark side in being so devoted to everything. We see problematic relationships everywhere, which can't be fixed by devotion: Jamie's relationship with his dad, Rebecca's mom's relationship with her late husband, possibly Jane and Beard... and with Nate's toxic relationship with everything related to the team. And we learn that Ted's refusal to give up on anyone isn't exactly coming from a healthy place. I can't help thinking Nate's fate will come down to Rebecca's understanding of the importance of ridding yourself what is toxic in your life, whether that's in personal or professional life.
octothorp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2021, 09:01 AM   #238
troutman
Unfrozen Caveman Lawyer

Exp:

Ted Lasso's Trent Crimm (Independent) Is The Worst Journalist On TV
https://bleedingcool.com/tv/ted-lass...journalist-tv/

Quote:
Not only does he write a piece of salacious piece of gossip for the Independent newspaper, but waits till after publication online to get a comment from its subject, Ted Lasso. I'm not sure the Independent lawyers will have been happy about that. But then also deliberately reveals his source, as Nate, the coach with some serious personal issues that belie his usual doormat persona. Revealing a source is considered the worst of the worst crimes in journalism, and some hacks have gone to jail before revealing theirs.
troutman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2021, 10:35 AM   #239
Jiri Hrdina
Franchise Player

Exp:

Yeah but he's got terrific hair.
Jiri Hrdina is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Jiri Hrdina For This Useful Post:
Old 10-03-2021, 04:41 PM   #240
dammage79
Franchise Player

Exp:

Lasso will forgive Nate and Nate will lose his marbles because Ted is so unflappable. Nate then Flys into a fit of bully rage trying to crack Ted. Doesn't work, Rebecca fires Nate and Ted vs.Nate is the base plot line in S03.

I fully expect a marriage proposal from Roy to Keely in the Finale. How that ends has some ties to how Roy deals with Jamie Tart.

Love the show. Even with the more soapy turn this season.
dammage79 is offline   Reply With Quote