Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Fire on Ice: The Calgary Flames Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-17-2014, 07:49 PM   #21
steveo
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

I think Adidas owns ccm as well.
steveo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2014, 08:16 PM   #22
strombad
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:
Default Adidas may replace Reebok jersey branding

Quote:
Originally Posted by BACKCHECK!!! View Post
God I can't wait for you to get banned again.
Really? You "can't wait" for me to get banned? Clearly it's time to close the laptop and get some fresh air if me not posting gets your engine going.

As I was saying, Adidas is still vastly different than Reebok. It's very much like switching over to CCM or UA. It's incredibly unlikely Adidas would have Reebok produce the jerseys entirely while just throwing their logo on it, so you'd certainly be looking at some production differences.

Last edited by strombad; 01-17-2014 at 08:33 PM.
strombad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2014, 08:21 PM   #23
saXon
First Line Centre

Exp:

Under Armor would be a breath of fresh air to all NHL jerseys. They are usually 'with the times' when it comes to style and most of their stuff is appealing to the eye.

I wouldn't mind seeing them take a crack at it.
saXon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2014, 08:28 PM   #24
strombad
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Could you imagine if UA made the jerseys even TIGHTER?
Old 01-17-2014, 08:40 PM   #25
JiriHrdina
I believe in the Pony Power

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by BACKCHECK!!! View Post
God I can't wait for you to get banned again.
Knock this crap off. It is a hockey forum why on earth do some of you insist in treating each other like garbage
JiriHrdina is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to JiriHrdina For This Useful Post:
Old 01-17-2014, 08:52 PM   #26
_Q_
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

I think it would make more sense for Adidas to rebrand all their hockey equipment, including the jerseys, as CCM.
_Q_ is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2014, 09:17 PM   #27
getbak
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by strombad View Post
As I was saying, Adidas is still vastly different than Reebok. It's very much like switching over to CCM or UA. It's incredibly unlikely Adidas would have Reebok produce the jerseys entirely while just throwing their logo on it, so you'd certainly be looking at some production differences.
CCM and Reebok are basically interchangeable when it comes to hockey, and they are Adidas' current ice hockey brands.

Other than the logo on the back, there were no changes made when the CCM/Koho branding on the jerseys was changed to RBK after the lockout. Even when they introduced the "Edge" design, I believe they continued to make the authentic jerseys at the same former CCM factory in Quebec.

If this change happens, it's probably part of a plan to slowly phase out the Reebok brand entirely, or focus it in another area.

Less than a year ago, Adidas was looking to get out of hockey entirely, but there wasn't enough interest to make a sale: http://money.msn.com/now/post.aspx?p...4-08867109f5e2
Old 01-17-2014, 09:17 PM   #28
blankall
Ate 100 Treadmills

Exp:

Quote:
As long as it isn't Nike. What a joke the recent Olympic jerseys were, my god.

Really, I'd like the rights to slide to a different company entirely, but if Adidas brings some different eyes to the table instead of letting Reebok do the legwork and just slapping their logo on it, then I think it's a good move for hockey fans. Adidas has less of a passion for "flash" than a company like Nike for the most part, and is fairly good at representing classic lines and cuts for a lot of their products. Would NHL jerseys be a part of that? Maybe, maybe not. But at this point the Flames especially could use a really iconic jersey. The only things we've had anywhere close is the 80's and 04 jersey.
Nike probably had little to do with the actual design of the jerseys. That was the Olympic committee.

The quality of those Olympic jerseys was superior to the Reebok jerseys, regardless of what you thought of the design.
blankall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2014, 09:17 PM   #29
Joborule
Franchise Player

Exp:

For those suggesting Under Armor should take a crack, keep in mind Bauer has publicly said they're interested in bidding for the jersey license also.
Joborule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2014, 09:24 PM   #30
$ven27
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

I'd love to see Bauer get it.
$ven27 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to $ven27 For This Useful Post:
Old 01-17-2014, 09:24 PM   #31
strombad
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by blankall View Post
Nike probably had little to do with the actual design of the jerseys. That was the Olympic committee.

The quality of those Olympic jerseys was superior to the Reebok jerseys, regardless of what you thought of the design.

I'm pretty sure Nike is very responsible for the fabrics and materials, namely the weird plastic lace print instead of actual laces. Nike certainly has a big hand in producing certain design elements, as does Reebok.

For instance, something like the squared off shoulders. No team came up with that, it's a Reebok thing. Teams use it, but they just use elements and patterns that Reebok makes available to them.
Old 01-17-2014, 10:07 PM   #32
undercoverbrother
Franchise Player

Exp:

When I was young I could nicer figure out what to do so all day I dreamed about sex, then I got older and moved I moved in with my dad. He would work during the day and I would have sex all day in dad's appartment.
undercoverbrother is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2014, 10:09 PM   #33
undercoverbrother
Franchise Player

Exp:

Adidas makes some very nice rugby jerseys. They make the All Blacks' jersey, they seem to have a grasp of tradition.
undercoverbrother is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2014, 10:37 PM   #34
blankall
Ate 100 Treadmills

Exp:

Quote:
I'm pretty sure Nike is very responsible for the fabrics and materials, namely the weird plastic lace print instead of actual laces. Nike certainly has a big hand in producing certain design elements, as does Reebok.

For instance, something like the squared off shoulders. No team came up with that, it's a Reebok thing. Teams use it, but they just use elements and patterns that Reebok makes available to them.
Not sure what part of the design you're talking about by "laces". However, the weird frabric on the maple leaf was almost certainly an olympic committee choice. Which is why it's not repeated on other jerseys.

The overall design, other than that, was quite good IMO. Simple stripes and colours. The cut and quality of the replica jerseys was far superior to anything Reebok has put out.
blankall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2014, 10:38 PM   #35
terminator
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

All day I dream about Shockey
terminator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2014, 10:44 PM   #36
Joborule
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Not sure what part of the design you're talking about by "laces". However, the weird frabric on the maple leaf was almost certainly an olympic committee choice. Which is why it's not repeated on other jerseys.

The overall design, other than that, was quite good IMO. Simple stripes and colours. The cut and quality of the replica jerseys was far superior to anything Reebok has put out.
These laces. It's a Nike thing for these games.

Nike has a thing for stuff at the collar. The new NFL jerseys have something similar for each of them.

Last edited by Joborule; 01-17-2014 at 10:47 PM.
Joborule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2014, 10:56 PM   #37
strombad
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:

Have you even looked at the designs?

http://www.sbnation.com/nhl/2013/8/2...-olympics-nike

Every Olympic jersey has them, along with plastic accents on the shoulders.

Quote:
Nike calls those fake plastic laces "Nike Flywire," claiming that they "provided a closer fit to prevent slipping" while "also providing a nod to traditional lace neck design." Or, you could always just add real laces if "slipping" is a concern.
The plastic accents range from stars on the USA jersey, maple leafs on the Canadian jersey, ships on the Sweden jersey, etc.

It's great that you like the 2014 Olympic jerseys, but that isn't my point. My point is that Nike designed them almost in their entirety. That's the way it works with companies. It's similar with Reebok, they do a lot of the designing for NHL teams, if production changed to a different company, jerseys would likely see some alteration as well over time.

That's why I don't want Nike doing NHL jerseys, I don't want little alterations like plastic laces and plastic Flames appearing on the shoulders of the next Calgary jersey.
Old 01-18-2014, 11:51 AM   #38
Zulu29
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by undercoverbrother View Post
Adidas makes some very nice rugby jerseys. They make the All Blacks' jersey, they seem to have a grasp of tradition.
I thought KooGa did all the jerseys now?
Zulu29 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2014, 12:06 PM   #39
PIMking
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by saXon View Post
Under Armor would be a breath of fresh air to all NHL jerseys. They are usually 'with the times' when it comes to style and most of their stuff is appealing to the eye.

I wouldn't mind seeing them take a crack at it.

Old 01-18-2014, 12:23 PM   #40
Flamescat
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

Adidas would be interesting, They have a good grasp on the history of the clubs without pissing all over them, I'd give them a chance as long as they mix it up a bit. 30 home and away sweaters with the three stripes down the sleeve would get boring after a while.
Flamescat is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
adidas , jerseys , nhl , reebok