Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum > Food and Entertainment
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-14-2021, 05:32 PM   #661
Hemi-Cuda
wins 10 internets

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by DownInFlames View Post
What do I need to watch before I check out the Loki series? I don't want to make the same mistake I made with the Sam and Bucky show.
Infinity War and Endgame are essential to know "who" this Loki is and how he got there, and the Thor movies are referenced a bit in character backstory
Hemi-Cuda is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Hemi-Cuda For This Useful Post:
Old 07-14-2021, 06:40 PM   #662
DownInFlames
Craig McTavish' Merkin

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemi-Cuda View Post
Infinity War and Endgame are essential to know "who" this Loki is and how he got there, and the Thor movies are referenced a bit in character backstory
I saw the Avengers movies and the last Thor movie. I know who Loki is. I just don't want to watch and have a ton of side characters show up not knowing who they are.
DownInFlames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2021, 06:55 PM   #663
getbak
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
I saw the Avengers movies and the last Thor movie. I know who Loki is. I just don't want to watch and have a ton of side characters show up not knowing who they are.
I might be forgetting someone, but I don't think there are any side characters in the series who have appeared anywhere else in the MCU previously.
Old 07-14-2021, 08:34 PM   #664
sleepingmoose
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Briefly Lady Sif. Hardly integral to the story though.
sleepingmoose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2021, 09:49 PM   #665
#-3
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
I'd say the marvel legends shorts are there so that you can jump into these series without the background viewing. watching the Loki and tesseract should be plenty of background if that's your intent.

Lady Sif and Frigga are basically the only two previous side characters that will drive any plot in this.
#-3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2021, 01:20 PM   #666
KTrain
ALL ABOARD!

Exp:

The docu-series McCartney 3, 2, 1 is on Stars (Disney+) now. 6, 30 minutes episodes with Paul McCartney and Rick Rubin going through the Beatles (and some Wings) catalog and picking apart the songs.

Reminds me a lot of the Song Exploder podcast/Netflix show. Really enjoyable if you're a fan of the Beatles.

Last edited by KTrain; 07-19-2021 at 07:25 PM.
KTrain is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to KTrain For This Useful Post:
Old 07-25-2021, 11:36 PM   #667
FireGilbert
Franchise Player

Exp:

Wow does my daughter ever love Raya. She's asked for it like 5 times in the past week and we now have a new number 1. Pretty big change on the power rankings with the long time leader dethroned. My full review and updated power rankings below:

Raya and the Last Dragon: Basically Moana if instead of having to collect 1 magical item she has to collect 4. We've got the princess going on a heroes journey to save the water filled world, meeting a god like creature voiced by a big name actor, and of course Alan Tudyk voicing an animal. Raya even looks like Moana. Can't say I mind this Disney formula though, with the modern kick ass independent woman, and Raya takes it in a darker more complex direction. Sometimes that complexity is good exploring interesting themes around loss and revenge while sometimes it's bad feeling like a video game side quest. Didn't like the stupid gangster baby when more time could have been spent on developing Raya's rival whose character arc felt undeserved. Overall it was predictable but fun with some cool dragon visuals. 7/10

1. Raya and The Last Dragon
2. The Aristocats
3. The Lion King
4. Frozen 2
5. Frozen
Old 07-26-2021, 11:03 AM   #668
Monahammer
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by FireGilbert View Post
Wow does my daughter ever love Raya. She's asked for it like 5 times in the past week and we now have a new number 1. Pretty big change on the power rankings with the long time leader dethroned. My full review and updated power rankings below:

Raya and the Last Dragon: Basically Moana if instead of having to collect 1 magical item she has to collect 4. We've got the princess going on a heroes journey to save the water filled world, meeting a god like creature voiced by a big name actor, and of course Alan Tudyk voicing an animal. Raya even looks like Moana. Can't say I mind this Disney formula though, with the modern kick ass independent woman, and Raya takes it in a darker more complex direction. Sometimes that complexity is good exploring interesting themes around loss and revenge while sometimes it's bad feeling like a video game side quest. Didn't like the stupid gangster baby when more time could have been spent on developing Raya's rival whose character arc felt undeserved. Overall it was predictable but fun with some cool dragon visuals. 7/10

1. Raya and The Last Dragon
2. The Aristocats
3. The Lion King
4. Frozen 2
5. Frozen
Funny as the aristocats is also currently my Son's favourite disney movie.

Will have to check this one out!
Monahammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2021, 11:55 AM   #669
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Have you watched 'The Aristocrats' with your children?

This Post Has Been Distilled for the Eradication of Seemingly Incurable Sadness.

If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a Fire Exit. - Mitch Hedberg
Locke is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Locke For This Useful Post:
Old 07-26-2021, 03:15 PM   #670
Cecil Terwilliger
That Crazy Guy at the Bus Stop

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Locke View Post
So this guy walks into a talent agency...
Cecil Terwilliger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2021, 03:57 PM   #671
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cecil Terwilliger View Post
So this guy walks into a talent agency...
"He says to the talent agent he says...."

This Post Has Been Distilled for the Eradication of Seemingly Incurable Sadness.

If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a Fire Exit. - Mitch Hedberg
Old 07-26-2021, 08:57 PM   #672
Yamer
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
All I can remember from that film is Bob Saget trying way too hard.

"I see as much misery out of them moving to justify theirselves as them that set out to do harm."
-Dr. Amos "Doc" Cochran
Yamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2021, 04:01 PM   #673
Nyah
First Line Centre

Exp:

Scarlett Johansson vs. Disney.

https://twitter.com/user/status/1420805841729429504

https://twitter.com/user/status/1420805847920242689
Nyah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2021, 04:05 PM   #674
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

I dont blame her at all, but she is a victim of pure circumstance.

They delayed and delayed and delayed....at some point you have to just release the film.

It sucks for all parties involved. Hopefully she gets some cash, I think Disney has enough.

Old 07-29-2021, 04:25 PM   #675
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!
CaptainCrunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2021, 06:00 PM   #676
FlamesPuck12
First Line Centre

Exp:

https://variety.com/2021/film/news/d...ic-1235030837/

Disney firing back at Scarlett Johansson:
Quote:
slamming the actress’ breach of contract lawsuit for showing “callous disregard for the horrific and prolonged global effects of the COVID-19 pandemic.”
FlamesPuck12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2021, 06:01 PM   #677
Cecil Terwilliger
That Crazy Guy at the Bus Stop

Exp:

Lol. Disney are such scum. Trying to drag her name thru the mud after they make billions and she just wants her measly payday.

####ing crooks.
Cecil Terwilliger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2021, 06:06 PM   #678
FlameOn
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
I dont blame her at all, but she is a victim of pure circumstance.

They delayed and delayed and delayed....at some point you have to just release the film.

It sucks for all parties involved. Hopefully she gets some cash, I think Disney has enough.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cecil Terwilliger View Post
Lol. Disney are such scum. Trying to drag her name thru the mud after they make billions and she just wants her measly payday.

####ing crooks.
Yea but you read the text of her lawsuit, Disney is not trying to drag her name through the mud here, seems like the other way around here. ScarJo is alleging the simultaneous release on D+ was intentionally done to defraud her of earnings without justification. That seems like a very flimsy argument at best... like pandemic anyone?

Quote:
“Disney intentionally induced Marvel’s breach of the agreement, without justification, in order to prevent Ms. Johansson from realizing the full benefit of her bargain with Marvel,” the suit reads.
FlameOn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2021, 06:11 PM   #679
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlameOn View Post
Yea but you read the text of her lawsuit, Disney is not trying to drag her name through the mud here, seems like the other way around here. ScarJo is alleging the simultaneous release on D+ was intentionally done to defraud her of earnings without justification. That seems like a very flimsy argument at best... like pandemic anyone?
Huh? I am unaware of this situation to which you are referring that may or may not have kept movie-goers out of Cinemas. Potentially.

Old 07-29-2021, 06:14 PM   #680
Hemi-Cuda
wins 10 internets

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlameOn View Post
All they had to do was treat the premier access dollars the same as theatre dollars for her contract and there would have been no issue. But Disney is too greedy for that
Hemi-Cuda is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Hemi-Cuda For This Useful Post: