Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-06-2016, 12:30 PM   #421
TheSutterDynasty
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by darklord700 View Post
Valley Ridge's range is off grass, sometimes.
Sadly they are not right now. Supposedly at least another week.

Any other courses more central in the city off grass? Really hoping to hit this weekend, though it looks like it'll have to be deep south?

An environment in which a person encounters only beliefs or opinions that coincide with their own, so that their existing views are reinforced and alternative ideas are not considered.
TheSutterDynasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2016, 12:23 PM   #422
AltaGuy
AltaGuy has a magnetic personality and exudes positive energy, which is infectious to those around him. He has an unparalleled ability to communicate with people, whether he is speaking to a room of three or an arena of 30,000.

Exp:

Heh... sitting here watching foursomes teeoff at shag at 12:20 on a Sat. I am desperate to golf today, but watching the first hole I can tell it may be the absolute slowest round of my life. (I'm on the waiting list.)

Anyone need a fourth for a teetime this afternoon? Willing to travel.
AltaGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2016, 12:35 PM   #423
AltaGuy
AltaGuy has a magnetic personality and exudes positive energy, which is infectious to those around him. He has an unparalleled ability to communicate with people, whether he is speaking to a room of three or an arena of 30,000.

Exp:

Latest foursome on the first tee... no drive over 25 yards, and yet nothing on the fairway! Pretty impressive that no mulligans were taken. Gonna get drunk and move over to drunk forum.
Old 05-09-2016, 09:08 AM   #424
Weitz
Franchise Player

Exp:

So I am looking to pick up a range finder. I usually just mooch off my buddies when I play with them but I would like to have my own.

Anyone have any recommendations? I am not looking to spend a whole ton of money.

Thanks.
Weitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2016, 09:13 AM   #425
Hockeyguy15
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weitz View Post
So I am looking to pick up a range finder. I usually just mooch off my buddies when I play with them but I would like to have my own.

Anyone have any recommendations? I am not looking to spend a whole ton of money.

Thanks.
I have this one, got it free with airmiles http://www.golftown.com/Nikon-Coolsh...6#.VzCoxU32a70 I have no complaints, it does what it needs to but doesn't have many features.

This Bushnell is on sale for $90 off, so it seems like a good deal http://www.golftown.com/Bushnell-Tou...3#.VzCo5E32a70

Last edited by Hockeyguy15; 05-09-2016 at 09:46 AM.
Hockeyguy15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2016, 09:14 AM   #426
DoubleK
Franchise Player

Exp:

I have a Bushnell tour v3 from a few years ago. Doesn't do slope or anything like that. My only wish is that it had a bit better magnification. I'd stick to Bushell or Leupold. You can catch them on sale for less than $300.
Old 05-09-2016, 09:21 AM   #427
Lubicon
Franchise Player

Exp:

First round of the season on Saturday at Beaverdam. Shot 55-45=100 which for me is about right although a little on the high side for my personal targets. Lost 4 balls on the first five holes before settling down a little on the back nine. I gotta get my drives under control!

Fantastic weather, twighlight tee off and still got in 18 holes and best of all got to spend a few hours with my daughter which doesn't happen on the golf course very often. I think this is the first time it has just been her and I.
Lubicon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2016, 09:24 AM   #428
StevenAbootman
Draft Pick

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSutterDynasty View Post
That's great, thanks for the tip.

Time for my annual question; what ranges are hitting off grass?

Silverwing is not yet.
Douglasdale is hitting off grass now, there was a few people there on Friday and Saturday and the hitting area is in pretty good shape.

There is a ball dispenser there $12 for a full bucket and $7 for a small. The full bucket is a good size.

The also added a practice bunker last year and a target green for it.
StevenAbootman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2016, 11:02 AM   #429
Weitz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoubleK View Post
I have a Bushnell tour v3 from a few years ago. Doesn't do slope or anything like that. My only wish is that it had a bit better magnification. I'd stick to Bushell or Leupold. You can catch them on sale for less than $300.
Just pulled the trigger on one for $240.

Thanks a lot!
Old 05-09-2016, 12:52 PM   #430
Northendzone
Franchise Player

Exp:

for those of you that have rangefinders, do you use them all the time?

I sometimes find that it is more information than I want to know. but that being said, I am a casual golfer these days - so I no longer really care about my score.
Old 05-09-2016, 01:18 PM   #431
Weitz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northendzone View Post

I sometimes find that it is more information than I want to know. but that being said, I am a casual golfer these days - so I no longer really care about my score.
I always do when I play with friends who have them, and my score is way better now. Unless I am close to the green obviously.
Old 05-09-2016, 04:11 PM   #432
rain_e
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:

I will use it on every shot after the drive and unless i'm closer then 50yards.

I find the most benefit from 50-150 yds out.
rain_e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2016, 09:33 PM   #433
Northendzone
Franchise Player

Exp:

Noticed that the far end of Mckenzie meadows golf course is hitting from grass
Old 05-10-2016, 08:27 AM   #434
Flabbibulin
Franchise Player

Exp:

Anyone played Eagle Bend on Flathead lake this year, or will be playing in the next week? Have it booked for the long weekend, but not keen on paying $90US if it isn't in decent shape. The other courses in the area are all 50-60US, so can stomach it if they aren't quite 100%.
Flabbibulin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2016, 08:36 AM   #435
Weitz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Playing Elks this afternoon for the first time.

How is this track? Tough? Good?
Old 05-10-2016, 12:09 PM   #436
DoubleK
Franchise Player

Exp:

Never played it. Looking forward to getting out there this year...
DoubleK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2016, 01:06 PM   #437
Northendzone
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weitz View Post
Playing Elks this afternoon for the first time.

How is this track? Tough? Good?
it is a stern test for sure. if you have a club that will provide you with explosive distance off of the tee - then bring it. you will want to ensue that you hit your putts with pure roll as the greens a like a roller coaster ride.

the clubhouse will be your sanctuary and you may opt to wait there for your friends as you may be too demoralized and emotionally battered to continue for the back 9. if you to, ask for a squished strawberry alleycat to drink - it will soothe your jangled nerves......
Old 05-10-2016, 01:20 PM   #438
Weitz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
it is a stern test for sure. if you have a club that will provide you with explosive distance off of the tee - then bring it. you will want to ensue that you hit your putts with pure roll as the greens a like a roller coaster ride.

the clubhouse will be your sanctuary and you may opt to wait there for your friends as you may be too demoralized and emotionally battered to continue for the back 9. if you to, ask for a squished strawberry alleycat to drink - it will soothe your jangled nerves......
Haha well then... I just shot my worst round in 2 years on Sunday. This should be fun.
Old 05-10-2016, 01:22 PM   #439
AltaGuy

Exp:

lol... it isn't that bad...

Being straight off the tee is critical. I don't use driver often there. (Except on the first hole, where my big fade plays nicely from the elevated tee.)
The Following User Says Thank You to AltaGuy For This Useful Post:
Old 05-10-2016, 04:09 PM   #440
TheSutterDynasty
First Line Centre

Exp:

Thanks for the suggestions.

An environment in which a person encounters only beliefs or opinions that coincide with their own, so that their existing views are reinforced and alternative ideas are not considered.
TheSutterDynasty is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
net5 , punch out , royal boulder , tpc fox hollow