Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-30-2010, 09:34 AM   #1
Qwerty
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:
Default Harper for Wipeout Canada!

I have to admit, the title was a shameless trick to get you into the thread. My last name though is Harper (no relation to our PM) and I have applied to be a contestant on Wipeout Canada. My brothers and I made a video (Yes I wear a Flames jersey for a small portion) It is a bit long but there are really 3 of us in the video as we are all applying to the show. The final date to apply is July 1st and I was hoping the great folks at CP could help the video get a couple views/comments to draw some attention from the judges. And of course if I made it on the show and won some prize money I would donate some back to CalgaryPuck.

If you have watched the show you would realize that they seem to take some of the most entertaining and cheesy people around, so that is the approach we went for.... Very cheesy. Oh ya, I am the one with the beard.

Did anyone else apply? If not you still have 1 day left!

I usually just lurk around the forums and do not know how to embed videos so here is the link.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s4wRcduIzBo

Let me know what you think! Should hear back soon if we get a call or anything. There are some pretty good videos on youtube from people who applied but lots of terrible ones so I think we may have a chance. Filming is actually in Argentina in October.
Qwerty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2010, 09:41 AM   #2
Kipper is King
Pants Tent

Exp:

I like your enthusiasm! It's also really fun how you set up the obstacle course- I think that will stand out!

I hate to harp on you , but one thing that might be a concern is actually the Calgary Flames logo. Some contests disqualify any videos with trademarks

Good luck!
Old 06-30-2010, 09:45 AM   #3
Qwerty
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

Never thought of that, lots of videos had people in Team Canada jerseys, Maple leaf jerseys and so on. They don't show the application videos on TV so it would just be for internal viewing so I think it will be ok... at least I hope they don't harpoon us for it!
Old 06-30-2010, 09:54 AM   #4
Kipper is King
Pants Tent

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qwerty View Post
at least I hope they don't harpoon us for it!
Niiiiiiice one!

Thay may not for something like this, but it is always a good idea to really read over the official rules to make sure.
Old 07-21-2010, 11:09 AM   #5
fundmark19
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Bump for the harpers. Got their names in the calgary herald. If you guys don't make the show at least you made the paper!

edit heres link at the bottom of article

http://www.calgaryherald.com/enterta...058/story.html
fundmark19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2010, 11:28 AM   #6
Raekwon
First Line Centre

Exp:

Picture in the Sun Gallery also it looks like. Damn teletubbies
Raekwon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2010, 11:43 AM   #7
calumniate
Franchise Player

Exp:

I love the angle. Very Canadian indeed. Should be a great show!! Good luck.
calumniate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2010, 11:57 AM   #8
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!
CaptainCrunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2010, 11:57 AM   #9
Qwerty
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

Thanks for the bump We made it to Alberta callbacks which were 231 people.

The overall experience was awesome - lot's of interesting people with crazy talents.

We had the judges laughing which was good and I believe we were the only group of 3 there which may help us. Keeping my fingers crossed to find out if we made it or not, don't hear back until mid August from what I have heard though.

Was a very tiresome day. Arrived at 7:30 and the media showed up around 9:00. Then it was lots of pictures, interviews, etc as we waited for our turn to audition in front of the judges. We were #217 out of #231. Media left at about noon and the energy died down a lot as the room cleared out. We finally auditioned at around 5:30. Lots of people from all over Alberta, some drove 4-5 hours in the morning to get there on time.

We were on Global last night for a couple seconds. Made the Sun online, Herald and the metro. And I even got told someone from BC saw us in their papers! (They do the BC auditions later this week)

Was lot's of fun overall and a great experience.
Old 07-21-2010, 12:52 PM   #10
fredr123
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raekwon View Post
Picture in the Sun Gallery also it looks like. Damn teletubbies
fredr123 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to fredr123 For This Useful Post:
Old 07-21-2010, 01:00 PM   #11
YourMother
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

I was also there! good times. I was the University of Lethbridge Mascot(Pronghorn). I was lucky and got in at #24 which was perfect because I don't know how much longer I could have handled wearing that costume without suffering from deydration. Either way, good luck man!

Here's the video that I sent in originally...It is just a crappy song I wrote in a day or so for them. Don't expect much haha, but atleast it got me a callback

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EcKmaAqfBW4
YourMother is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2010, 01:08 PM   #12
cKy
First Line Centre

Exp:

I know the Harpers, and i also know they like big balls

Good luck boys!

cKy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to cKy For This Useful Post:
Old 07-21-2010, 02:47 PM   #13
fredr123
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by YourMother View Post
I was also there! good times. I was the University of Lethbridge Mascot(Pronghorn). I was lucky and got in at #24 which was perfect because I don't know how much longer I could have handled wearing that costume without suffering from deydration. Either way, good luck man!

Here's the video that I sent in originally...It is just a crappy song I wrote in a day or so for them. Don't expect much haha, but atleast it got me a callback

fredr123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2010, 03:09 PM   #14
J epworth
Franchise Player

Exp:

Did anyone else think the girl in the video's shirt said "eat me for breakfast"?
J epworth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2010, 03:15 PM   #15
Qwerty
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

That's what I thought at first when I saw her. It says "I eat men for breakfast" and she was wearing tights and had on underwear over them with a piranha on the front with its teeth showing and on the back said something about being a maneater.
Old 07-21-2010, 03:18 PM   #16
Qwerty
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by YourMother View Post

How many judges did you have? In the background it looks like there are only 3. I went straight left when I came around the corner and there was 3 judges at the table, Ennis to one side, some chick to the other side and then some guy behind. I think there were 6 of them in total. A bit intimidating to say the least.
Old 07-21-2010, 03:23 PM   #17
YourMother
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qwerty View Post
How many judges did you have? In the background it looks like there are only 3. I went straight left when I came around the corner and there was 3 judges at the table, Ennis to one side, some chick to the other side and then some guy behind. I think there were 6 of them in total. A bit intimidating to say the least.
Yea I was at the same table and there were 4 judges at it and 3 at the table behind me...definately intimidating hah
Old 07-21-2010, 05:20 PM   #18
Temporary_User
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

haha Yourmother is Horny the Pronghorn. That is hilarious. How'd you get that gig?

Temporary_User is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2010, 06:08 PM   #19
YourMother
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

Haha, I had noticed that they didn't have a mascot come out for a lot of games outside of basketball so when I was in town in August last year moving stuff into town I just went in and inquired about the position with sport and rec services. Turned out that they needed a permanent mascot so I got the jobbie.

You goto the U of L right? I'm buds with J Pold and he's brought ur name a couple times before
Old 07-21-2010, 10:21 PM   #20
Temporary_User
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Smart on ya. Thats how you find a job and succeed.

yeah im down here in leth for school. I also know jpold

Temporary_User is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
7oungo , canada , tvshow , wipeout