Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 04-19-2018, 01:18 PM   #1
dirk diggler
First Line Centre

Exp:
Default Kawasaki ZX6R

Looking at selling my bike this year, I have 2 bikes and don't have the time to ride, so it is hard to justify having both. I see a lot of ads that say NO TEST PILOTS. I certainly understand this as I don't want someone who has little experience riding bikes to take my bike and drive the hell out of it and possibly crash it. Does anyone have experience selling bikes and what are your thoughts on test rides? On a side note, will likely get the bike fired up this weekend and listed, if anyone is interested in a sport bike.
dirk diggler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2018, 01:50 PM   #2
pylon
NOT Chris Butler

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirk diggler View Post
Looking at selling my bike this year, I have 2 bikes and don't have the time to ride, so it is hard to justify having both. I see a lot of ads that say NO TEST PILOTS. I certainly understand this as I don't want someone who has little experience riding bikes to take my bike and drive the hell out of it and possibly crash it. Does anyone have experience selling bikes and what are your thoughts on test rides? On a side note, will likely get the bike fired up this weekend and listed, if anyone is interested in a sport bike.
I've sold numerous motorcycles over the years. Very simple.

If they want to ride it, write up a bill of sale, take full payment via cash or certified cheque, verify they have a class 6 and offer a 1 hour return policy caveat on your bill of sale pending the bike is not crashed and in it's original condition.

I've probably sold 10-12 bikes over the years, and only once did the buyer opt for the caveat on the bill of sale. 9/10 the buyer doesn't want to ride it and will just buy it. It's pretty easy to inspect a bike for issues. Everything is exposed and easy to see.
pylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2018, 03:38 PM   #3
dirk diggler
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by pylon View Post
I've sold numerous motorcycles over the years. Very simple.

If they want to ride it, write up a bill of sale, take full payment via cash or certified cheque, verify they have a class 6 and offer a 1 hour return policy caveat on your bill of sale pending the bike is not crashed and in it's original condition.

I've probably sold 10-12 bikes over the years, and only once did the buyer opt for the caveat on the bill of sale. 9/10 the buyer doesn't want to ride it and will just buy it. It's pretty easy to inspect a bike for issues. Everything is exposed and easy to see.
Thanks that sounds good. the bike is immaculate and they can also check the service history which is limited as it has very low miles. will do that.
Old 04-22-2018, 02:21 PM   #4
dirk diggler
First Line Centre

Exp:

http://wwwb.autotrader.ca/a/Kawasaki...PO&orup=1_15_1
Old 04-22-2018, 11:38 PM   #5
woob
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Nice looking bike, but I want to know about that red beauty in the garage behind it in the one shot!
woob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2018, 10:56 AM   #6
dirk diggler
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by woob View Post
Nice looking bike, but I want to know about that red beauty in the garage behind it in the one shot!
it was parked in my parents garage for the winter as it is heated, not sure what year it is but my dad picked up the old Volvo last year. its in great shape.
The Following User Says Thank You to dirk diggler For This Useful Post: