Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Fire on Ice: The Calgary Flames Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-06-2020, 08:26 PM   #301
Hackey
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Treliving must have denied Aarongayvey an autograph or something.
Hackey is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Hackey For This Useful Post:
Old 02-07-2020, 01:27 PM   #302
Bingo
Owner

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aarongavey View Post
But I will let it go because I doubt you are going to engage in that discussion. Somehow that simple question turned into a discussion about whether Draisaitl was signed as a winger or a center. Or that Bennett was signed for market rate (which is a little off because Tallon somehow signed a better player in Frank Vatrano this year to a longer contract for over 400K less a year so I would think that Bennett may be signed a bit above market rate).
Just so I'm clear.

I can't have the opinion that Treliving has been great at RFA signings without doing a deep dive on RFA signings across the league for a period of x years?

That's silly.

Every deal that comes up in Calgary is predicted and estimated by existing contracts around the league. Many of them have come in under what most on this site have expected. That formed my opinion.

Pretty sure you don't get to set the rules on how much work and research I need to do in order to have a differing view than you.
Bingo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2020, 05:00 PM   #303
Flames Draft Watcher
In the Sin Bin

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rando View Post
Wouldn't take it personal Bingo, that's his MO. When someone has the audacity to have a different opinion he resorts to ad hominem attacks, faux outrage and cops a condescending attitude. For a guy that continually has the biggest head scratching takes the way he lol's at others is especially puzzling.

He's toxic. It takes a day of his overly dramatic posts to see that.
Agreed. Aarongavey and Flash Walken are two of the worst posters on here. Completely unreasonable.

Some posters I disagree with a lot but I'm happy to have a debate. With those two I just leave all their posts ignored and just shake my head at their drivel when it gets quoted.

Thank god I'm getting a bit better about actually ignoring the posts from most ppl on my ignore list lately.

I admire your patience in dealing with them Bingo but its wasted on them. They don't listen to logic or reason.
Flames Draft Watcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2020, 06:05 PM   #304
ForeverFlameFan
Franchise Player

Exp:

Just to get a little positivity in this thread, can I say how great it is to watch the emergence of Rasmus Andersson? He really showed why he deserves to be a first pairing defenseman, and is given the opportunity to show it without Giordano around.

We haven't this emergence of a defenseman since TJ Brodie. It's very exciting to watch, and I hope he and one of Valimaki/Kylington/Hanifin, whoever has the best chemistry with him can finally solve the new 1st pairing we will sorely lack after seeing quite a regression of Gio.
ForeverFlameFan is offline   Reply With Quote