Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 01-08-2019, 09:48 AM   #301
GirlySports
NOT breaking news

Exp:

Do you think Sweeney would ever be considered for an NFL job?

GirlySports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2019, 10:05 AM   #302
Lubicon
Franchise Player

Exp:

Good question, but perhaps the question should be would he ever consider it? He's built something special at Clemson and a lot of that is the culture that has been developed. Sometimes that cannot be replicated at the pro level as it is unique to college football. Add in the location, being happy with his life etc. and it's hard to see him moving. Easy for me to say but I know if it was me why would I subject myself to the microscope of the NFL when life is good at the top of the college game. The money is almost as good (maybe better in some cases) and you are king. Why change.

That said, if you are the kind of person who needs new challenges in their lives then it is almost inevitable to move on. And he's only 49 years old so who knows. But he sounded very happy with where he was at last night when they talked to him after the game. And he has sounded very happy whenever I have heard him over the season.
Lubicon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2019, 10:05 AM   #303
nfotiu
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GirlySports View Post
Do you think Sweeney would ever be considered for an NFL job?
I think the better question is would Swinney ever consider an NFL job. He'll probably end up in Alabama eventually.

If you can get past the god stuff, it sure seems like he'd be a whole lot more fun to play for than Saban would be. If I was a top level recruit, I'd definitely pick playing for him, over getting berated by the never smiling Saban.
nfotiu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2019, 10:10 AM   #304
Lubicon
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by nfotiu View Post
I think the better question is would Swinney ever consider an NFL job. He'll probably end up in Alabama eventually.

If you can get past the god stuff, it sure seems like he'd be a whole lot more fun to play for than Saban would be. If I was a top level recruit, I'd definitely pick playing for him, over getting berated by the never smiling Saban.
Justyn Ross, that freshman receiver for Clemson who was amazing last night did just that. He's from Alabama and was one of the top rated players to come out of high school in that state last year. When you can poach kids from Saban's back yard you know you are doing something right.
Old 01-08-2019, 11:14 AM   #305
HockeyIlliterate
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lubicon View Post
Justyn Ross, that freshman receiver for Clemson who was amazing last night did just that. He's from Alabama and was one of the top rated players to come out of high school in that state last year. When you can poach kids from Saban's back yard you know you are doing something right.
Was that the kid that the announcers were talking about when they remarked (something to the effect of) "he was recruited by Alabama, but he fell in love with the culture at Clemson and the consistency of the coaches there," noting that Saban has gone through a lot of line and position coaches over the years at Alabama?

Last edited by HockeyIlliterate; 01-08-2019 at 11:19 AM.
HockeyIlliterate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2019, 11:15 AM   #306
Lubicon
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyIlliterate View Post
Was that the kid that the announcers were talking about when they remarked (something to the effect of) "he was recruited by Alabama, but he fell in love with the culture at Clemson and the consistency of the coaches there," noting that Saban has gone through a lot of line and position coaches over the years at Alabama?
Yes, IIRC.
Old 01-08-2019, 03:05 PM   #307
FireGilbert
Franchise Player

Exp:

The Seahawks offensive play calling was some of the worst I have ever seen.

Alabama: hold my beer.
Old 01-16-2019, 12:46 PM   #308
puffnstuff
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

QB Jalen Hurts has left bama and is going to Oklahoma.
puffnstuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2019, 12:47 PM   #309
MoneyGuy
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by puffnstuff View Post
QB Jalen Hurts has left bama and is going to Oklahoma.
Oh, that Hurts.
MoneyGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2019, 12:58 PM   #310
Lubicon
Franchise Player

Exp:

Loving this as an OU fan. Three QB's in a row now for them that have been transfers in, and it buys them time to develop Spencer Rattler. I was thinking he might end up in Miami but now I see Tate Martell (Ohio State) is transferring there. This new transfer rule is having a huge dominoe effect.