Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-21-2015, 03:43 PM   #41
Timbo
First Line Centre

Exp:

I think it works like this: you get a PM it would state You have been given the spore you are
Either
1: turned if you are you get a link to quick topic for the turned
2: not infected

You must pass the spore to another player
Timbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2015, 03:43 PM   #42
bizaro86
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by dissentowner View Post
Sorry, I am tired. So, we should assume then that if the spore carrier is infected they won't reveal as now their victory condition has changed. How does it work though? What I am wondering is let's say the coin flip comes up not to infect, does Mazrim then have to tell the target they were even targeted if there is no infection?
I think so, because now that person has to pick someone to infect on the next night, so they need to know they have the spore. It's possible Mazrim won't tell the person until the next night, but I doubt it. He usually seems to give people all the information about themselves.
bizaro86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2015, 03:44 PM   #43
Timbo
First Line Centre

Exp:

I think it works like this: you get a PM it would state You have been given the spore you are
Either
1: turned if you are you get a link to quick topic for the turned
2: not infected

You must pass the spore to another player
Old 05-21-2015, 03:44 PM   #44
Timbo
First Line Centre

Exp:

Dang sorry double post
Old 05-21-2015, 03:47 PM   #45
Timbo
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockeyguy15 View Post
If whoever got the spore turned, they probably wouldn't say they have the spore?
Probably not what I am saying we might have to delay this plan until a player who is not infected comes forth.
The Following User Says Thank You to Timbo For This Useful Post:
Old 05-21-2015, 03:48 PM   #46
dissentowner
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by bizaro86 View Post
I think so, because now that person has to pick someone to infect on the next night, so they need to know they have the spore. It's possible Mazrim won't tell the person until the next night, but I doubt it. He usually seems to give people all the information about themselves.
Ok. This game is gonna be a tough one.
dissentowner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2015, 03:49 PM   #47
dissentowner
Franchise Player

Exp:

So from what I have read many posters think the spore carrier if not infected should reveal themselves, correct? How long are we waiting because if they were infected then they are not going to reveal right?
dissentowner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2015, 03:54 PM   #48
Guest1

But the first one to admit it gets a free pass. If the Captain says it's him and he passed it to passenger A and we kill Passenger A, that doesn't help us. And then we aren't going to target the Captain because we thing he was just the first schmuck to get the spore.
Old 05-21-2015, 04:04 PM   #49
mrkajz44
First Line Centre

Exp:

I agree with Puxlut here, as the first person to reveal could by lying about one of these things (or both I guess):

1) They actually got the spore
2) They didn't turn when they got the spore

So really, the big risk with pushing an early reveal is thinking we have better information now, when really we are worse off than before.
Old 05-21-2015, 04:05 PM   #50
squiggs96
Franchise Player

Exp:

Alright all you vanilla beans. Let's get ready to vanquish some scum. I'm heading out to the golf course in a bit, but will be back on here tonight. My initial guess is you'd find out immediately once you have the spore. I don't see them being hit with it after playing a whole day in game play.

I think the thing I'm most excited for is I don't have to talk in the third person.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bingo View Post
Jesus this site these days
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barnet Flame View Post
He just seemed like a very nice person. I loved Squiggy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dissentowner View Post
I should probably stop posting at this point
squiggs96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2015, 04:07 PM   #51
Oling_Roachinen
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puxlut View Post
But the first one to admit it gets a free pass. If the Captain says it's him and he passed it to passenger A and we kill Passenger A, that doesn't help us. And then we aren't going to target the Captain because we thing he was just the first schmuck to get the spore.
Well in that scenario, either the Scum actually does send it to Passenger A in which case:

Tomorrow, Passenger A remains a passenger and tells us that he was sent the spore. We, unfortunately, should still kill and we remove the spore for a night. That's a decent outcome for us. We might trust Scum a bit more, but we know there's a possibility he was lying.

Or

Tomorrow, Passenger A turns. We still kill him and we remove the spore for a night. That's a decent outcome for us.

Or the Scum doesn't send the spore to Passenger A, in which case:

Tomorrow, Passenger A remains a passenger and tells us that he was not sent a spore. We, unfortunately, should still probably kill him if no one else comes forward. But once he reveals passenger we know that the Scum lied to us. That would be a great outcome for us.

Or, Passenger A remains a passenger and the real target of the spore, if not turned, comes forward as well and says he was actually sent the spore and now we have Passenger A and "Real Target" going up against the lying Scum. Another great outcome for us.
Oling_Roachinen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2015, 04:09 PM   #52
Party Elephant
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by bizaro86 View Post
Good point that we'd be killing a 100% passenger, I hadn't thought of that. Obviously the host wouldn't pick scum for their first spore target.

However, realistically on day one we only have a 3/18 = 16.6% chance of hitting scum, while if the spore continues it has a nearly 50% chance of infecting one of us.

I did some math. (Assuming the spore didn't work, if it did we're not hearing from anyone and we should guess or pick someone inactive or something).

If we kill the spore holder we're guaranteed to go into tomorrow with 3/17 scum, since we'll kill one passenger and no new infections. 17.6% of players will be scum

If we don't kill the spore holder there are two possibilities, either we get lucky and get a scum or we don't. In each case the scum have about a 50% chance of converting someone.

Get scum: 3/18 chance of happening times 2.5/17 scum remaining (we kill one plus they get a 50% chance of getting someone new)

Don't get scum: 15/18 chance of happening times 3.5/17 scum remaining (we kill one passenger plus they get a 50% chance of getting someone new).

Weighted average scum remaining = (3/18)*(2.5/17)+(15/18)*(3.5/17) = 19.6% of players remaining will be scum

So killing the spore holder on day one works out statistically better than not doing it, although it is close.

I can see why the spore holder may not want to embrace this plan, as its more fun to keep playing, but I think it's better for the passengers if they come forward. It has less huge upside (if we guess right on the first day we probably have the game in the bag, similar to the NHL one) but is statistically the right play.
Never tell me the odds!
Party Elephant is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Party Elephant For This Useful Post:
Old 05-21-2015, 04:10 PM   #53
Timbo
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrkajz44 View Post
I agree with Puxlut here, as the first person to reveal could by lying about one of these things (or both I guess):

So really, the big risk with pushing an early reveal is thinking we have better information now, when really we are worse off than before.
The Goverment Agent is our protection against this.
Old 05-21-2015, 04:16 PM   #54
Mazrim
CP Gamemaster

Exp:

To clarify:

- If you are turned, you will be informed when the day starts.
- If you are not turned, you will you not be informed. You will be asked to pass the spore during the next night, and that is the only information you will receive.

Storywise:

The spore is tiny and airborne, released by the Host to spread their kind to other beings, synthetic or not. Generally, humanoids will resist the spore slightly before noticing the effects. Others might be weaker and face immediate results. On those it does not immediately take to, it starts to grow, to become more potent and further the chance of success.

Generally, the victim in this case can see the spore growing on their body and remove it before being turned. However, since it will just return to them, they will need to pass it someone else.
Mazrim is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Mazrim For This Useful Post:
Old 05-21-2015, 04:17 PM   #55
mrkajz44
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timbo View Post
The Goverment Agent is our protection against this.
Well, only sort of. The agent can't detect the scum, so it could be a "false negative" when the investigation is done. Also, this also assumes the agent will reveal as well and report results (and be believed by everyone).

I'm just concerned we devise a plan based on a reveal and make some incorrect assumptions that could really put us behind the 8-ball.
Old 05-21-2015, 04:17 PM   #56
Oling_Roachinen
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:

You're right, but now we do have some information. Bizaro86 has suggested we kill the spore carrier. It has merit, if the person comes forward and is lying (because he is scum) and we do kill him, we're golden.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrkajz44
The Government Agent should really target whoever is the person to reveal they got the spore, so if that's the case he dies anyways.

Quote:
I'm not really sure what the early reveal would be. The scum know who they sent the spore to, they obviously know he's a passenger. It would only be the passenger gaining information here and a couple options on how to proceed.
Old 05-21-2015, 04:18 PM   #57
Oling_Roachinen
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Well, only sort of. The agent can't detect the scum, so it could be a "false negative" when the investigation is done. Also, this also assumes the agent will reveal as well and report results (and be believed by everyone).

I'm just concerned we devise a plan based on a reveal and make some incorrect assumptions that could really put us behind the 8-ball.
Government Agent kills, not reveals though. He doesn't have to say anything.
Old 05-21-2015, 04:21 PM   #58
Oling_Roachinen
Franchise Player

Exp:

Dang, Mazrim's post changes everything, clearly not going to get a reveal today.
Old 05-21-2015, 04:24 PM   #59
Timbo
First Line Centre

Exp:

Well so much for that strategy.
Old 05-21-2015, 04:27 PM   #60
mrkajz44
First Line Centre

Exp:

Haha, yeah. I was just typing a response when I saw that come up. That puts us back at square one for the first lynch.

Tags
2spooky4me , edmonton is no good , mafia , toronto is no good